Rumor: Montreal Interested in signing Russian forward Vadim Shipachev

Status
Not open for further replies.

neil2005

May 2, 2012
In Elliotte Friedman's 30 thoughts just posted, he mentions the Canadiens being linked to a 29 year old Russian center named Vadim Shipachyov who plays for SKA St Petersburg in the KHL. In 53 games this year he had 17 goals, 43 assists for 60 points and 63 PIM. Not the biggest of centerman at 6'0 187lbs, but something to possibly look at.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-clearing-expansion-draft-questions/

Under thought 17 "A couple other Europeans: Vadim Shipachev. Mentioned him earlier this season, a 28-year-old centre. Montreal was among the interested parties."

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
Never heard of shipachev. His stats look good anyone know anything about him?

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
saw the year old highlights. He didn't blow my mind but he's got good skating and a good shot. Looks pretty skinny. I definitely wouldn't object. He was probably 20-21 in those highlights.

smcgreg

Jul 18, 2013
None of your business
saw the year old highlights. He didn't blow my mind but he's got good skating and a good shot. Looks pretty skinny. I definitely wouldn't object. He was probably 20-21 in those highlights.

I read somewhere when that story first came out earlier in the week that he was 1) great with the puck, good distributor, 2) not that physical and 3) not great defensively. So,.... why are the habs interested? First, we already have one of those who MT loves, but anybody else who fits that mold goes straight to the trash heap and is traded for scraps. So, what's the point? With MT he will get no playing time, so, I'm not sure why there would be any interest with him as coach. Honestly, at 28, I'm not sure why there would be any interest period.

smcgreg

Jul 18, 2013
None of your business
I wouldn't be so sure MT is back next year.

Well, any rationale person would probably expect him to be gone. But then again, most rationale people wouldn't tell the public that a coach's job is secure until the end of the season no matter what. So, who knows...?

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I read somewhere when that story first came out earlier in the week that he was 1) great with the puck, good distributor, 2) not that physical and 3) not great defensively. So,.... why are the habs interested? First, we already have one of those who MT loves, but anybody else who fits that mold goes straight to the trash heap and is traded for scraps. So, what's the point? With MT he will get no playing time, so, I'm not sure why there would be any interest with him as coach. Honestly, at 28, I'm not sure why there would be any interest period.

oh i thought he was like 22-23 now. i wasn't hugely impressed but he could be worth a shot. he looks really skinny.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Another Sekec

Sekach's best season in the KHL 11 + 17 in 47
Shipachev's best season in the KHL 17 + 43 in 54

Pretty much the same statistics.

oh i thought he was like 22-23 now. i wasn't hugely impressed but he could be worth a shot. he looks really skinny.

6'0 187 - isn't that skinny, I'd say. Very good with the puck, great playmaker, but isn't very physical. I think he's tougher, than Desharnais, though. He needs someone around to distribute the puck, he can, perhaps be more or less good, playing with Pacioretty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
Montreal to sign Russian forward Vadim Shipachev

Montreal favourite to sign Russian forward Vadim Shipachev!
bi1e0FtojQs.jpg

http://www.sports.ru/hockey/1038535433.html
http://www.sports.ru/hockey/1038542285.html

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
But does he grind?

He can have all the talent in the world, if he doesn't grind he will not get minutes from our idiot coach. Actual hockey ability need not apply.

Alex514

May 10, 2015
If true, I'd be very very happy!

He's got some sweet hands that can put the puck in and has some saavy passing skills. Plus, a ton of experience having played in the KHL for a long time now, we're not talking about a Sekac here...

Last edited:

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
But does he grind?

He can have all the talent in the world, if he doesn't grind he will not get minutes from our idiot coach. Actual hockey ability need not apply.

Sekach in the KHL was a regular player in the 3-4rd line
club outsider.

Shipachev as included in 10 best players in the KHL
like Panarin with Kuznetsov in his time

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
KHL ice size for so long will make the change to the NHL ice size a very big adjustment. Coming from a league where puck possession and passing are a priority to the dump and grind of Therrien is a bigger adjustment than getting used to the ice size.:laugh::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->