Rumor: Montreal Interest in DeAngelo

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
How many on here have never used a racial slur? How many of you have never stereotyped?
If you think this is about a couple stereotypes I don't know what to tell you. Half the league are racist MAGA guys but DeAngelo has been enough of an asshole that the entire league has passed up on a prime aged right shot offensive dman available for nothing on waivers.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Unfortunately I think it’s true, it’s been reported by more than one source. It’s a good thing that it never happened.

Curious if "Montreal believed to very interested" and "Canadiens wanted to give DeAngelo a look" are just fluff to generate hits or if they have any basis?

Reactions: MXD

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Politics aside he is an asshole. There are plenty of Trump supporters in the NHL. The NHL doesn't care if you're a republican. If your teammates hate you and you pull dumb stuff online with fake accounts you don't get to play with my team anymore. I doubt he will have matured

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
If you think this is about a couple stereotypes I don't know what to tell you. Half the league are racist MAGA guys but DeAngelo has been enough of an asshole that the entire league has passed up on a prime aged right shot offensive dman available for nothing on waivers.
So anyone who wants to Make America Great Again are racists? WTF?

Reactions: zeeto and habsfan92

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
What evidence would you have of this though?

Is it being kicked off the Rangers in the past few months after being removed from multiple organizations for similar behaviours and head aches?

The problem with posts or sentiments like yours is that you have no evidence he is willing to - and the default is, well someone can change.. they absolutely can, but the guy just refused to come back and repair his image with the Habs this season (thankfully) after being kicked off his current team and being told he will never play for them again.

If you had one iota of evidence to support he was changing, people would hear it, but it's just a default shit manuevre to say it's all about 'cancel culture' when it's really just about giving assholes their just desserts.
He was removed for “behavioral issues” no one is debating that, but only one of those behavioral was racial slur - which is not ok by any means. But there’s no denying there’s a very angry young man

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
He may be a dirt bag and may never change...I have no idea. What if he was simply a product of his environment and is willing to work on his shortfalls? Not saying he is as I don't know him. Murderers and rapists get paroled and given a second chance.

Based on his past issues I doubt he will ever be anything but an HR nightmare but there is also the possibility that he could change.

The world has gone insane with this cancel culture.

Well, he clearly is a product of his environment.
He also had plenty of time to get rid of these habits, since he left his family really young for his hockey career.

This wouldn't be a second chance. This would be his fifth chance. Or ninth.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
He may be a dirt bag and may never change...I have no idea. What if he was simply a product of his environment and is willing to work on his shortfalls? Not saying he is as I don't know him. Murderers and rapists get paroled and given a second chance.

Based on his past issues I doubt he will ever be anything but an HR nightmare but there is also the possibility that he could change.

The world has gone insane with this cancel culture.
dude come on.

first of all it wasnt cancel culture. its a guy getting fired for being a really bad teammate. if you yell or have abusive behavior toward your boss or other employees you'd get fired too. this isn't cancel culture.

im generally be open to redemption story arcs, forgiveness and all that, but you need contrition. tony d has show none. you can't change if you don't accept that your behavior isn't acceptable.

and this behavior goes back to his junior days, so lets not pretend that hockey clubs are judging him too harshly

worth repeating again: the rangers are willing to eat millions of dollars during a pandemic year to not have him on the team.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Yet many businesses manage to remain profitable and treat their employees better than throw-away commodities.
Non-sense. Corporations and businesses who laid off employees and still collected money from bailouts should have to pay back triple what they were given. Garbage system run by garbage people voted in by poor people who vote against their own self interests because they were indoctrinated to actually believe the poop coming out of your mouth. Do you think upper management took paycuts while the general staff became jobless? Poppycock.

Reactions: MXD

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
dude come on.

first of all it wasnt cancel culture. its a guy getting fired for being a really bad teammate. if you yell or have abusive behavior toward your boss or other employees you'd get fired too. this isn't cancel culture.

im generally be open to redemption story arcs, forgiveness and all that, but you need contrition. tony d has show none. you can't change if you don't accept that your behavior isn't acceptable.

and this behavior goes back to his junior days, so lets not pretend that hockey clubs are judging him too harshly

worth repeating again: the rangers are willing to eat millions of dollars during a pandemic year to not have him on the team.
I don't want him on our team but I think the underlying issue that some posters believe that all conservatives are racists is insulting.

I am done discussing this as I hate delving into politics with people who think I am a racist because of my political views. My initial post was more to that point than this player who obviously has issues and is probably never going to learn.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Non-sense. Corporations and businesses who laid off employees and still collected money from bailouts should have to pay back triple what they were given. Garbage system run by garbage people voted in by poor people who vote against their own self interests because they were indoctrinated to actually believe the poop coming out of your mouth. Do you think upper management took paycuts while the general staff became jobless? Poppycock.

I don't know what you're talking about.. nothing of what you are saying to me applies to what I said.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
America was never great for people of color. Not sure where the misunderstanding is. It's a catch phrase for white people to cling on to their racist childhoods where they were allowed to treat others as garbage.

Deangelo isnt a piece of shit for being republican. He is a piece of shit for doing racist shit to his own team mates.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Basically to sum up all my feelings on the issue..

Is an 18 year old kid from South Jersey calling one of his heterosexual teammates the "f" slur the worst thing in the world? Obviously not, many of us called our friends worse things at that age.

But we will never know the full context and how abusive and toxic he really is to be around. The fact that nobody wants to play with him is a good enough reason to keep him far far away. I fully believe in second chances and I think society would generally benefit if we were all less punitive of each other, but you actually have to work to earn a second chance.

If he apologizes for all the harm he's caused, excels in Europe, and is loved by his teammates. Then I would consider giving him a shot

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Basically to sum up all my feelings on the issue..

Is an 18 year old kid from South Jersey calling one of his heterosexual teammates the "f" slur the worst thing in the world? Obviously not, many of us called our friends worse things at that age.

But we will never know the full context and how abusive and toxic he really is to be around. The fact that nobody wants to play with him is a good enough reason to keep him far far away. I fully believe in second chances and I think society would generally benefit if we were all less punitive of each other, but you actually have to work to earn a second chance.

If he apologizes for all the harm he's caused, excels in Europe, and is loved by his teammates. Then I would consider giving him a shot

Well, the "teammate" part is pretty damning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad