Rumor: Montreal Interest in DeAngelo

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
No traction without ownership approval, unless I missed something and MB became the owner?

He's the one making the hockey decisions on these guys.. Molson is obviously an asshole too, he was the first to get rid of the Bell Centre staff at the beginning of the pandemic.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
lol what is wrong with these guys character?

To quote Clarice Starling, are you strong enough to point that high powered perception at yourself?

Are you serious?

Michel Therrien - see 24CH, Terry Ryan's book and the thousands of accounts of this guy being a general f***ing idiot.

Andrew Shaw - suspended for homophobic slurs directed at another player.

Max Domi - public on his anti-immigrant stance.

habsfan92

Jun 5, 2005
winnipeg
So, is the belief here that once a criminal always a criminal? No one can ever be redeemed? Seems to me that nowadays "racism" has a very broad and loose definition.
Perhaps MB was wanting to speak to him to assess the scope of the allegations. Maybe he is just an a-hole.

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
i do not ever want to see that scum in montreal

i dont really buy that rumor though, why would bergevin preach character all these years, only to take on a guy that is so toxic, the rangers had to bury him, paying millions for the privilege of not having him near the team?

Unfortunately I think it’s true, it’s been reported by more than one source. It’s a good thing that it never happened.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
It violated their policy. So he was suspended twice for violating the diversity policy.

The amount of times you wanna make this clarity seems like you wanna absolve him.
I’m not absolving anything, a 16-year old who grows up in the slums of south Philly has only been exposed to his surrounds, is that who he is or a creation of his upbringing/surrounds?

I would suggest researching one Christian Picciolini: Christian Picciolini: The neo-Nazi who became an anti-Nazi

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
So, is the belief here that once a criminal always a criminal? No one can ever be redeemed? Seems to me that nowadays "racism" has a very broad and loose definition.
Perhaps MB was wanting to speak to him to assess the scope of the allegations. Maybe he is just an a-hole.

Happened in Sarnia
Happened in Syracuse
Happened in Arizona
Happened in New York

All different incidents, all different horrid behaviours.. it's not like this happened back when he was 14 and a shit-head who didn't know better, he literally -just- got kicked off his team.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I’m not absolving anything, a 16-year old who grows up in the slums of south Philly has only been exposed to his surrounds, is that who he is or a creation of his upbringing/surrounds?

I would suggest researching one Christian Picciolini: Christian Picciolini: The neo-Nazi who became an anti-Nazi

It's coming from his father but there's no indications, clearly, that he's made any progress as a human.. so he can f*** off and stay away from the Habs.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
He's the one making the hockey decisions on these guys.. Molson is obviously an asshole too, he was the first to get rid of the Bell Centre staff at the beginning of the pandemic.
It’s a business not the Salvation Army - it horrible that people lost jobs but a business needs to remain profitable

habsfan92

Jun 5, 2005
winnipeg
Happened in Sarnia
Happened in Syracuse
Happened in Arizona
Happened in New York

All different incidents, all different horrid behaviours.. it's not like this happened back when he was 14 and a shit-head who didn't know better, he literally -just- got kicked off his team.
How many teams has Kassian been through?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He may be a dirt bag and may never change...I have no idea. What if he was simply a product of his environment and is willing to work on his shortfalls? Not saying he is as I don't know him. Murderers and rapists get paroled and given a second chance.

Based on his past issues I doubt he will ever be anything but an HR nightmare but there is also the possibility that he could change.

The world has gone insane with this cancel culture.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
How many on here have never used a racial slur? How many of you have never stereotyped?

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He may be a dirt bag and may never change...I have no idea. What if he was simply a product of his environment and is willing to work on his shortfalls? Not saying he is as I don't know him. Murderers and rapists get paroled and given a second chance.

Based on his past issues I doubt he will ever be anything but an HR nightmare but there is also the possibility that he could change.

The world has gone insane with this cancel culture.

What evidence would you have of this though?

Is it being kicked off the Rangers in the past few months after being removed from multiple organizations for similar behaviours and head aches?

The problem with posts or sentiments like yours is that you have no evidence he is willing to - and the default is, well someone can change.. they absolutely can, but the guy just refused to come back and repair his image with the Habs this season (thankfully) after being kicked off his current team and being told he will never play for them again.

If you had one iota of evidence to support he was changing, people would hear it, but it's just a default shit manuevre to say it's all about 'cancel culture' when it's really just about giving assholes their just desserts.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
What was the racist thing he said, have searched and can’t find anything.

if he’s a total dickweed, then ya f*** him. But I prefer to not judge the character of people I haven’t personally met.

IIRC it wasn't anything racist that he said, but it was a homophobic slur. Judging by his father's statements, I assume he called a teammate the "f" word.

I can't help but at least feel somewhat sorry for Tony, growing up with this guy as his father it is easy to see why he turned out the way he did. Nevertheless, he's still a scumbag and I don't see any way to justify signing him. He has shown zero remorse for his actions so there's nothing that makes him a worthwhile reclamation project at this point.

I don't want him anywhere near this team. There's a big difference between a guy like Poehling, who supports Trump rather openly, and a guy like Deangelo who was fully using his platform to promote conspiracies and what not.

Reactions: WeThreeKings
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad