Rumor: Montreal Interest in DeAngelo

Status
Not open for further replies.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Would be funny to see him in TO next year and filling those Montreal nets . Keefe ...another hockey bad boy at one time coached him in juniors....reform can happen . He is more talented then any Hab blueliner there now .His offense is without flaws but his defense is in need of work . Hopefully he won't be in the Ranger division.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Plus we are just talking about a political opinion. As much as I hate his side, he has that right.
Right even if DeAngelo was completely neutral politically he is still an asshole who has repeatedly had feuds with teammates and been reprimanded on multiple occasions. He is very much the definition of locker room cancer. Would be a purely desperation move by MB and completely out of character (pun intended) for a Bergevin acquisition

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Isn't he the guy that had a fake SM account to try and defend himself, pretending to be a fan, or something like that?

That was weird.

I think it was revealed it couldn't have been him because some of the posts were during games he was playing in.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Words are funny like that. Intent is what matters.

An interesting recent example was Tampa Bay Buccaneers Carlton Davis making a post where he referred to a bunch of people on social media as “gooks”. SJWs wanted to cancel him and for him to lose his livelihood for anti-Asian hate, but turns out the word “gook” has a different meaning in the slums of Miami where Davis from and likely not well versed on Vietnam war era racist terms- and his comment wasn’t directed at any Asians so was fair to assume he had no racist intent when using the word. But that is still not enough for some.

I personally avoid words that are hurtful to others, but sometimes people use words with completely different intents. I know many who have used the “f” bomb who aren’t homophobic whatsoever, and they are just blindly throwing the word around as it has a different meaning to them. Should they still be canceled?

Bottom line, is intent matters.

You leave out the important part where Davis then apologized when it was pointed out it is racist slang, recognized he was wrong and then said he would stop using the term. As far as I know, Tony DeAngelo has never stated he was sorry or even recognized he needs help to rectify his behavior. It’s not cancelling to hold someone to a basic standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad