Montreal Impact Thread XLVI - Ain't no party like a Drogba party

Status
Not open for further replies.

68*

He was 73 in FIFA 15. That was when he was playing with a better team in a better league. I ain't mad.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Team Joey. Love the guy. Alpha as ****. Got us Drogba, Piatti, Ciman, Nesta, Di Vaio. GOAT owner.

This. He's doing a lot for Quebec soccer and not getting enough credit for it.

These. JS deserves more recognition for what he does. So what he's too loyal to the people around him. As long as it works, I'm ok with it.

As long as he brings us guys like Didier ****ing Drogba, I won't complain.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I think people are aware that Drogba won`t play... he probably shouldn`t. The impact are playing so many games down the stretch

Well, I think he SHOULD play as we need those points at home. Rest him during our next road game. We need him to at least play 60 Wednesday and hopefully Saturday as well.

After those two games, we only have one home-game remaining. We NEED those 6 points.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Well, I think he SHOULD play as we need those points at home. Rest him during our next road game. We need him to at least play 60 Wednesday and hopefully Saturday as well.

After those two games, we only have one home-game remaining. We NEED those 6 points.

Exactly. What's the point of resting him for the playoffs if we don't even make them...

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

I'm not sure I want him to play 60min Wednesday, is he 100% fit/healthy? I'd rather let him sit on the bench on Wednesday and bring him in at the 60th (or later) only if needed. I would wish for something like:

Bush
Camara-Lefèvre-Ciman-Toia
Alexander - Bekker
Venegas - Piatti - Duka
Oduro/AJH

Hopefully, we're leading 2-0 at the 60th and you sub off Piatti (bring in AJH, put Oduro on the wing), Alexander (bring in Bernier) and maybe Venegas (bring in JGL)

We might need more Drogba for 90min vs DC than 60min vs both teams.. but then, with Chicago, you never know. They have a new coach and the players might want to impress a bit more

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I'm not sure I want him to play 60min Wednesday, is he 100% fit/healthy? I'd rather let him sit on the bench on Wednesday and bring him in at the 60th (or later) only if needed. I would wish for something like:

Bush
Camara-Lefèvre-Ciman-Toia
Alexander - Bekker
Venegas - Piatti - Duka
Oduro/AJH

Hopefully, we're leading 2-0 at the 60th and you sub off Piatti (bring in AJH, put Oduro on the wing), Alexander (bring in Bernier) and maybe Venegas (bring in JGL)

We might need more Drogba for 90min vs DC than 60min vs both teams.. but then, with Chicago, you never know. They have a new coach and the players might want to impress a bit more

Ideally, he would play 90 minutes on Wednesday AND Saturday, as we need those 6 points, but that's not realistic.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
So my guess Drogba will be on the bench if we need a goal, he'll come on.

Great management :handclap:

I disagree, we need more Drogba vs Chicago than DC but ofc it wont happen.
DC is without almighty Arnaud and they are in bad form as of late, they barely scored, of course I shouldn't underestimate but let's say it aint DC from 2 months ago that we lost to. Chicago well, we can officially end their season. A win against DC won't change the standings at all.

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
The same DC we had 25 shots? They did nothing that game.

I forgot about that lol, I now remember I didn't even watch that game. :laugh:

but against other teams at that time they were above average.

OT : Zouma RT a Impact's tweet (how do we say this?) Helps the exposure

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I disagree, we need more Drogba vs Chicago than DC but ofc it wont happen.
DC is without almighty Arnaud and they are in bad form as of late, they barely scored, of course I shouldn't underestimate but let's say it aint DC from 2 months ago that we lost to. Chicago well, we can officially end their season. A win against DC won't change the standings at all.

well, we could argue that winning vs Chicago doesn't change the standings much either, unless they win.. and anyways, both team have somewhat the same record for the last 6 games while DC never was a great scoring team. We'll see, I guess.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I forgot about that lol, I now remember I didn't even watch that game. :laugh:

but against other teams at that time they were above average.

OT : Zouma RT a Impact's tweet (how do we say this?) Helps the exposure

Oh I agree with you. They're not playing as well as they were in the first half of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad