Montreal Impact Thread XLVI - Ain't no party like a Drogba party

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Nah man, still love the Habs. Maybe it's because I just expect them to go in the playoffs and then, that's where it'll matter.
I got the same feeling. I ussed to be so obsessed with the habs, but its almost as like, the more teams you follow, the more distributed your passion thresthold is. Almost feels like

Before= 100% Habs
After = 30% Habs, 30% IMFC, 30% Arsenal, 10% Jets/Als

68*

I lost that passion for the Habs too. Maybe it's growing up or maybe it's because in the new NHL 50% of the goals are shots from the blue line that get deflected with traffic in front of the net.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
I lost that passion for the Habs too. Maybe it's growing up or maybe it's because in the new NHL 50% of the goals are shots from the blue line that get deflected with traffic in front of the net.

Part of it is growing up. The other part is Therrien/DD.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Therrien, yes. DD, I don't mind, will depend how he's used.

At least, it's not all bad with DDs in this city.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Part of it is growing up. The other part is Therrien/DD.

A lot of it is growing up, I'd say. Back when I was 15, I knew all the players on all the teams and even knew about most prospects throughout the league.

Now, I know all the Pens players, some prospects and the big names across the league.

Not as much time to focus on hockey/sports. Most of my free time is spent on sports (playing, watching, reading about, internet messaging, etc) though, still is my #1 passion, even at 29.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I'm more interested in winning my fantasy league than the Habs winning the cup

God I hate fantasy sports (and gambling). I am in one fantasy league and the only reason I am doing it is because I am replacing one of my best friends' dad who passed away 4 years ago. My friend asked me to team up with him in place of his father... so, as I spent most of my teenage years hanging out at his house and was regularly talking sports with his Dad, I accepted. I hate doing the pool, but honoring the man is important to me.

Last edited:

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
I love gambling.

It gives sports some kind of purpose when the initial passion fades away.

e.g. bet on the Habs losing and you're never really disappointed no matter the result

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
God I hate fantasy sports (and gambling). I am in one fantasy league and the only reason I am doing it is because I am replacing one of my best friends' dad who passed away 4 years ago. My friend asked me to team up with him in place of his father... so, as I spent most of my teenage years hanging up at his house and was regularly talking sports with his Dad, I accepted. I hate doing the pool, but honoring the man is important to me.

I have 5 fantasy football teams (only one of them doesn't have any money involved) and I'll probably be in 2 fantasy hockey pools :laugh:

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Good on Martial. Was afraid the astronomical price would be lots of
pressure on him. Nobody really doubted the talent, its just the amount United paid for his potential that was mind-boggling

Also stop comparing him to Thierry. He doesn't have Thierry's power. Just let him be Anthony Martial

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
pressure on him. Nobody really doubted the talent, its just the amount United paid for his potential that was mind-boggling

Also stop comparing him to Thierry. He doesn't have Thierry's power. Just let him be Anthony Martial

I feel like I just read the same thing on twitter...

:sarcasm:

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal

If it was Arsenal, you'd be pissing yourself mate

:sarcasm:

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
Just looking ahead, who goes after the season?

Cooper
Alexander
Kronberg
NRC?

By the way does anyone know how Romario is progressing?

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Naw man, I love Martial even if hes in United. The kid is so humble and mature for his age its crazy. Ive had a thing for him eversince I saw him play for Monaco last season. Didn't think he'd get this good though. Was hoping its the type of signing Arsene would make for £15m out of nowhere

Looks like that controversy with Saputo being brought to court was just an attempt by his partner to scare him. Joey was right the whole time when he said he could make his partners shares worth nothing.

He just resigned and looks like Saputo will now be fully in charge of the ship

http://news.yahoo.com/ny-lawyer-tacopina-resigns-bologna-club-president-123050671.html

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Naw man, I love Martial even if hes in United. The kid is so humble and mature for his age its crazy. Ive had a thing for him eversince I saw him play for Monaco last season. Didn't think he'd get this good though. Was hoping its the type of signing Arsene would make for £15m out of nowhere

Looks like that controversy with Saputo being brought to court was just an attempt by his partner to scare him. Joey was right the whole time when he said he could make his partners shares worth nothing.

Joey made him an offer he couldn't refuse or maybe they settled before the commission :sarcasm:

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal

http://news.yahoo.com/ny-lawyer-tacopina-resigns-bologna-club-president-123050671.html

They settled out of court lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad