Montreal Impact Thread XLVI - Ain't no party like a Drogba party

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
well, we could argue that winning vs Chicago doesn't change the standings much either, unless they win.. and anyways, both team have somewhat the same record for the last 6 games while DC never was a great scoring team. We'll see, I guess.

What I meant by that is that DC is sorta unreachable for us, so let's put Chicago out of their misery by kicking them out of a playoff spot. That will make them feel less pressured knowing that 1 team is out and about 3-4 left. Call me crazy but what if Chicago wins their last 5 games and we lose our next 5 and tie 2. Not impossible at all in this league.

gelu88

Sep 12, 2011
Brossard, QC
Pretty certain he knows the concept of the sport. After (way after) soccer it's a relatively popular team sport in europe.

Doubt he knows anything about the NHL, teams, players, etc.

JtotheC

Apr 29, 2011
Montreal
I hope that when Drogba attends his first Habs game, and they show his face on the big screen...that the crowd will know who he is. Unlike the silent treatment that Ciman had early last year.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'm guessing he'd get a pretty good pop from the Bell Center crowd. It might help if they put his name under his face though, just to be sure :laugh:.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Is that resto really that good? Seems like all the mtl professional players are always there.
Seems like PK eats there everyday :popcorn:

Dec 2, 2010
Is that resto really that good? Seems like all the mtl professional players are always there.
Seems like PK eats there everyday :popcorn:
It's not cheap but it is ****ing good. There is better value elsewhere if it's a concern though.

Cool pic though. Lot of stardom there. IIRC Chef Anthony was on cooking shows.

gelu88

Sep 12, 2011
Brossard, QC
If I buy MLS live will I get the playoff games too?

Everything that's not on TSN/RDS.

Looking back, the play-in game vs Houston 2 years ago was broadcast on TSN/RDS, so i'd assume all playoff games will be this year as well.

it's still not completely wasted. I love it because I can watch 20 minute condensed versions, including for TSN games. They come out ~20 mins after the games end.

I use them mainly for Whitecaps and TFC, but I often watch the rest of the league too. No point wasting 90mins when the 20 minute version has everything that matters.

If that's not of interest to you and you only care about live streams, I'd say stick to free streams.

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa

Looking back, the play-in game vs Houston 2 years ago was broadcast on TSN/RDS, so i'd assume all playoff games will be this year as well.

it's still not completely wasted. I love it because I can watch 20 minute condensed versions, including for TSN games. They come out ~20 mins after the games end.

I use them mainly for Whitecaps and TFC, but I often watch the rest of the league too. No point wasting 90mins when the 20 minute version has everything that matters.

If that's not of interest to you and you only care about live streams, I'd say stick to free streams.

It's hard to watch games on Saturday nights so that is my sole reason. :laugh:

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Pretty certain he knows the concept of the sport. After (way after) soccer it's a relatively popular team sport in europe.

Doubt he knows anything about the NHL, teams, players, etc.

Not sure it is where he spent most of his career (England and France). If it was Switzerland or the Czech republic then it would be a different story...

Regardless, I agree that now that he has a connection with PK, he's Bell Centre bound

Campoozmstnz

May 27, 2013

Can you watch the replays of the TSN/RDS games, or they are still blocked?

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
My brother is really pushing me to get season tickets. We do go often, but the problem is that we will never be able to make it to all the games. I did a quick calculation, and we need to go to 14 games out of 19 to make it worth it (price-wise).

The thing is that we live almost 2 hours away :/. If we lived close, I wouldn't hesitate one second.

Anyway, are there any interesting bonuses for season tickets? On the impact website they talk about certain events and rebates, but don't tell real examples.

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
My brother is really pushing me to get season tickets. We do go often, but the problem is that we will never be able to make it to all the games. I did a quick calculation, and we need to go to 14 games out of 19 to make it worth it (price-wise).

The thing is that we live almost 2 hours away :/. If we lived close, I wouldn't hesitate one second.

Anyway, are there any interesting bonuses for season tickets? On the impact website they talk about certain events and rebates, but don't tell real examples.

Off the top of my head, you get 10% off concessions and the merchandise at the boutique. You get to attend a practice + meet and greet with the team. They usually include a little gift. In my 3 years as STH, I got 2 exclusive scarves you can't buy at the boutique and 1 ****** ass book that shows the players tattoos :)laugh:)

I can't really think of anything else. You'd have to call and ask to see if there are any more advantages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad