Montreal Impact Thread XLIV - 'Sont payés pour la mettre dedans' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Of course we will be alright with Piatti. Put Piatti, switch Romero and Mapp and we win. If we don't fire Klopas.

Ye.

Bush
dat backline
Alexander - Donadel
Mapp - Venegas - Piatti
Drogba

please.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
So I guess we will be fine with Piatti then? Better to get Piatti with his ups and downs than no Piatti at all.

Piatti is awsome, he's our Plekanec, and he's from San Lorenzo in Argentina, the favourite team of the Pope, for real. Even as an atheist I love it.

images

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Meanwhile Jack Mac scored the winning goal for Columbus against SKC :laugh:

we wont make the playoffs guys, no win in the last 4 home games WHERE WE ARE SUPPOSED TO WIN

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Meanwhile Jack Mac scored the winning goal for Columbus against SKC :laugh:

we wont make the playoffs guys, no win in the last 4 home games WHERE WE ARE SUPPOSED TO WIN

Teams under us are ****ing awful (yes I know we lost against one of them).

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
not the most exciting game

in other news, the more I go to the games, the less respect I have for the ultras. Once again there almost was a fight because ONE GUY was filming instead of singing before Drogba got in... I understand the idea, I get why they exist, but you can't be that hostile every single game

cap10bfl

Apr 18, 2007
Laval, Qc
If were going to play this type of ball lose that 4-2-3-1 crap and take out that 2nd holding midfield and add a striker... 4-4-2 with a diamond midfield.... venegas as the CAM and he can cover a lot of field... but i know with klopas it will never happen...

Bush
Toia ciman cabrera oyongo
Piatti donadel venegas mapp
Drogba oduro

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I don't get to see the Impact much but from afar I thought going with a 3-4 with the addition of Drogba and Venegas made a lot of sense, on paper at least. You get to keep Oduro up front.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
klopas has no ****ing ideas...same tactics. all. year. long.
1 point in last 4 home games. zombie like performance in offensive 3rd with guys just standing the **** around.
uncreative coach = uncreative tactics.
how the **** could they have come out so utterly uninspired in drogba's debut at home vs worst team in MLS. this is all on koach klown

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
I liked Shally better but coaches are subjective. You need social skills first most and foremost before intelligence when you're a coach. We should have signed Babcock because he's a genius ? I was for it but let's see. Meanwhile Boucher my man is coaching in Switzerland. Coaches are like sergants, that's their main quality, they're like foremen, not Einstein.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Signed Drogba on a winning streak, haven't won since then.

Coincidence? I think not

That's why I think it should be a lesson to not sign old players IN THE FUTURE, look at Pirlo, Lampard all busts. They can't handle the physicality of the MLS. I'm not saying Drogba will flop but if you're expecting a 2010 Drogba like most (clueless) believe I got news for you, and I'm not speaking directly to the HF boards. Drogba came here 3 years too late to be an impact.

That's why I believe trading Jack Mac for nothing was a mistake. Bc in a year when Drogba retires who will take over ? Drogba probably has 10-15% battery left.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Not many positives from tonight's game. The guys really need to step up their game or else there's no chance we'll be making the playoffs.

Drogba is going to be good but his effectiveness will depend on his teammates. He won't be he'll able to do it all by himself.

The ref was pure garbage once again. The officiating in this league is a total disgrace.

Side-note, they really need to get rid of the ball kids or at least train them better. I lost count how many times they forgot to throw back the balls and some times they gave back more than 1 ball. At one point there were 3 (!!!) balls on the field. Unacceptable. Their shenanigans cost us a lot of time. It needs to stop.

The crowd was very Bell Centre-esque tonight. There were times when the stadium (including the Ultras) was completely silent... Very strange. People started leaving when there was still 10 minutes left. I understand that it was a boring game but I really don't understand the logic behind leaving games early when the score is very close.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Not many positives from tonight's game. The guys really need to step up their game or else there's no chance we'll be making the playoffs.

Drogba is going to be good but his effectiveness will depend on his teammates. He won't be he'll able to do it all by himself.

The ref was pure garbage once again. The officiating in this league is a total disgrace.

Side-note, they really need to get rid of the ball kids or at least train them better. I lost count how many times they forgot to throw back the balls or some times they gave back more than 1 ball. At one point there were 3 (!!!) balls on the field. Unacceptable. Their shenanigans cost us a lot of time. It needs to stop.

The crowd was very Bell Centre-esque tonight. There were times when the stadium (including the Ultras) was completely silent... Very strange. People started leaving when there was still 10 minutes. I understand that it was a boring game but I really don't understand the logic behind leaving games early when the score is very close.

rich people don't like traffic jams, and they just want to be able to tell Bob at work on monday that they went to a soccer game

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Quite a few unimpressive players on this team. Lacks creativity and killer instinct.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
This team has the tools. Coach has to build the right toolbox but he can't. The problem is not the 4-2-3-1(to be fair it's a formation I personally like), it's the movements within it.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Ciman for coach. Can't do worse than Klopas.

I won't feel sorry for Klopas when he gets fired. He's not a coach whom you say he's a nice guy but it's not working, nop this is a guy who genuinely looks like an *******. Can't stand a guy who thinks highly of himself. Remember when he said "Judge me on results"? Here we are 1 pt in last 4 home games. Unexcusable. Can't score at home and can't win on the road.

On paper we have a very good team (minus at DM position). No reason for underperforming like this. Fire him already please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad