Montreal Impact Thread XLIV - 'Sont payés pour la mettre dedans' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
We should look for a simple title this time ; Voyageurs Cup final edition or Drogba's debut?

anyway at this rate by the time Drogba starts, this edition will be closed.

I prefer VC final edition it will get more exposure and maybe more ppl will tune in

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
David Villa just ripped Felipe's pants, who walked off the field with his jock strap hanging there to get a new pair :laugh: :laugh:

CMATf81VEAANKbg.jpg

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Jesse Marsch coach of the year hands down

nice victory by the Red Bulls, terrible coaching by NYCFC. Pirlo and Lampard are struggling big time, almost embarrassing.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
Was at the game like usualy yesterday.

I gotta say it was one of the most entertaining games of the year so far. Just too bad for the loss.

Oyongo is amazing, such a treat to watch
Donadel played some excellent soccer
Venegas is getting better by the minute, loved watching him play

Dutchy

Aug 16, 2003
Montréal, Québec, Ca
While Oyongo was playing very well, I was confused by the fact that he always tried crossing the ball in front of the net once he was up field. Not only did none of his crosses hit an attacking player, I can't think of a single time this created a scoring opportunity. While you could argue that it's the type of ball that will suit well a player like Drogba, I was disappointed that he didn't try to cut inside himself or attempt a through ball to Piatti and co. after a few missed cross.

I believe Oyongo still has quite a bit to learn before going to Europe.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
While Oyongo was playing very well, I was confused by the fact that he always tried crossing the ball in front of the net once he was up field. Not only did none of his crosses hit an attacking player, I can't think of a single time this created a scoring opportunity. While you could argue that it's the type of ball that will suit well a player like Drogba, I was disappointed that he didn't try to cut inside himself or attempt a through ball to Piatti and co. after a few missed cross.

Well, that might have been the instructions from the coach from what we know. When a player does the same thing over and over and over, it is fair to assume it is by design.

BTW, Oyongo is soooooooo impressive in person, damn! I liked him on TV, now, I absolutely love this player.

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
Tough way to lose Saturday but we're still holding a playoff spot with 2-3 games in hand on the teams chasing us.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal

Even though LB is supposed to be Oyongo's natural position but I like him better at RB exactly because he cuts inside a lot more. This what led to Oduro's goal last week.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
It's mainly because Romero has been playing "meh" to "bad" for a few weeks.

Romero playing at 100% is better than Mapp. But Romero is so inconsistent, so, yeah, Mapp is more valuable than him.

I'm willing to accept that Mapp is the inferior player, but from what I remember of his play he was constantly creating things from the wing (strikes me as a pass-first type of player), whereas Romero stubbornly charges the middle mostly to no avail

Which makes the Drogba-Mapp combination a lot more appealing to me than with Romero. Of course time will tell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad