Montreal Impact Thread XLIV - 'Sont payés pour la mettre dedans' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

void

Jan 5, 2006
I hope Drogba actually starts the game on the 22nd. No second half shenanigans!

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Did we really play a 4-1-4-1? To me it looked more like a 4-3-4 that converted to a 4-2-4 in the last 10 minutes. Either ways, lets not put too much stock in to the performance. We wont dominate oppositions as much as we dominated DC. Ive never seen a team park the bus so much

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I hope Drogba actually starts the game on the 22nd. No second half shenanigans!

From what Klopas said on Saturday, I wouldn't be surprised if he is on the bench on Wednesday and gets in at the 70th. 20 minutes to get his legs back + 10 days of training before the next game. That would make sense.

If they do that, I am pretty much convinced that he'll start on the 22nd.

68*

Tired of hearing about Bernier. All this commotion for a USL player.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

Someone needs to GIF that :laugh:

I'm willing to accept that Mapp is the inferior player, but from what I remember of his play he was constantly creating things from the wing (strikes me as a pass-first type of player), whereas Romero stubbornly charges the middle mostly to no avail

Which makes the Drogba-Mapp combination a lot more appealing to me than with Romero. Of course time will tell

Yeah Mapp brings some versatility. Currently our Forwards all are 'rushers': Oduro, Piatti, Romero and Romero all love to create things by themselves.

Venegas stood out a lot because he plays quite differently, and also because he's a terrific talent. Here's one guy who is not afraid to pass the ball. I also loved how he would roam all around the field to get himself open for a pass.

That Donadel/Alexander duo was the best we've seen this year. It makes you wonder what the hell Klopas was thinking before playing Alexander at his prefered spot. Probably not to get on the wrong side of the vets and the bigger contracts. I was afraid at first when Alexander went off that it would expose the defense, especially since he put a forward to replace him but everything went great.

Last edited:

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Yeah Mapp brings some versatility. Currently our Forwards all are 'rushers': Oduro, Piatti, Romero and Romero all love to create things by themselves.

Both Oduro and Piatti can get away with their style of play, Oduro because it's often a foot race against the last-man back, and Piatti, because he's just so damned skilled (but he still ends up getting smothered more often than not)

Romero call pull the odd rabbit out of his tattooed hat but his unwillingness to pass is reaching Eller levels ;)

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
Not so great game by Pirlo. Imagine how bad our D would be exposed with him in front. I still love the guy and he still has good passing range but he would've been a bad fit for us.

void

Jan 5, 2006
ViciousWeepyFlatfish.gif

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I wonder if they thought it would be a piece of cake coming here. Lampard also got embarrassed by Mike Grella on the second goal. I personally love it.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
I wonder if they thought it would be a piece of cake coming here. Lampard also got embarrassed by Mike Grella on the second goal. I personally love it.

I'm also enjoying this situation. It shuts down my european friends who all thought that the oldies would breeze through the MLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad