Montreal Impact Thread XLIV - 'Sont payés pour la mettre dedans' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
It's mainly because Romero has been playing "meh" to "bad" for a few weeks.

Romero playing at 100% is better than Mapp. But Romero is so inconsistent, so, yeah, Mapp is more valuable than him.

Once he becomes sub he might have to work harder or better. So it might be a win win. Got to see how Map will play tough... Its been a long time.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
quick question for you guys : I want to force my gf to come to a game with me, she's available wednesday but i'm afraid the stadium might not be as hyped up or as full since it's a dumb canadian tournament thingy, am I being crazy?

Stanley Cup

Bettman's ice bucket
Jul 15, 2010
Québec
That's because Mapp >>> Romero.

Disagree. Romero tends to disappear when he lacks space with the ball, but he can be really creative. Mapp has always looked like a one trick pony, hook inside as a lefty on the right side. His right foot is amateur material. And he's always dead tired come the 65th minute.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
quick question for you guys : I want to force my gf to come to a game with me, she's available wednesday but i'm afraid the stadium might not be as hyped up or as full since it's a dumb canadian tournament thingy, am I being crazy?

Check tomorrow on ticketmaster.

So far looks like there will be barely 10k at the stadium. So not the best game to take her to. Definitely take her on the 22nd if tickets are still availabe. It's going to be Drogba's debut.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Check tomorrow on ticketmaster.

So far looks like there will be barely 10k at the stadium. So not the best game to take her to. Definitely take her on the 22nd if tickets are still availabe. It's going to be Drogba's debut.

Was this confirmed or is this your gut feeling? Either way I can't wait

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
And from what I remeber from Mapp is that he had 1) the tendancy to cut the middle only to dive head 1st for a free kick and 2) gas out after 55 minutes of play. He was always the 1st one subbed out.

Disagree. Romero tends to disappear when he lacks space with the ball, but he can be really creative. Mapp has always looked like a one trick pony, hook inside as a lefty on the right side. His right foot is amateur material. And he's always dead tired come the 65th minute.

Haha you beat me to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
And from what I remeber from Mapp is that he had 1) the tendancy to cut the middle only to dive head 1st for a free kick and 2) gas out after 55 minutes of play. He was always the 1st one subbed out.

You try running with a fan on your head all the time. Not ideal ;)

Bud2790

Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
Mapp's lack of fitness was mostly during the 1st season. Since then he's played a pretty good amount of 90 minute games.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Hmm no. 2012 Mapp played left wing and couldn't do crap on the field. Mapp was never THAT durable in his stint with us. He started racking up assists to Di Vaio's goals in 2013 and became more usefull.

Mapp has good vision and creates a lot of space for his teammates. He certainly hasn't a huge motor, but it has gotten better since 2012. Sure, he is no workhorse, but he is a very valuable player. Romero is more talented and has higher highs, but he also has much lower lows.

I am happy we have both though.

JtotheC

Apr 29, 2011
Montreal

Take her on Aug 22, if you take her to a half empty stadium on Wednesday, she will never want to go with you again :laugh:

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Mapp has good vision and creates a lot of space for his teammates. He certainly hasn't a huge motor, but it has gotten better since 2012. Sure, he is no workhorse, but he is a very valuable player. Romero is more talented and has higher highs, but he also has much lower lows.

I am happy we have both though.

Me too, but if I was the coach Mapp would substitute Romero, not the other way around.

NoNachoNoParty

Dec 8, 2011
Montreal
Romero is talented, fast and a good passer, but man does he looks like he doesnt give a **** 90% of the time. Plus his hunched-over style of running-walking-dribbling bugs the crap out of me

Dec 2, 2010
If there is one thing you can never say about Romero is that his effort level or work rate is weak or that he doesn't care. He runs all game and tackling defensively when Oyongo overlaps (read: all the time). Maybe too wild and not focused but that's another story. The main thing about him though is that he's streaky offensively. Something you don't want in your 4231 wingers.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Agreed about Venegas and the 4-1-4-1 at the end. I would say it is fair to say that Klopas had a good game on Saturday. Well, if we exclude not using the three changes. Then again, it might have led to NRC playing 5 minutes, so let's not complain :laugh:

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Wow, it's nice reading scouting reports from 2012. Mapp has been great the past two years and looked awesome in the short time he played this year.

I mean, Mapp has 16 assists in his past two years (MLS only). Compare that to Romero, he has 5. Yes Romero scores more but overall he has create less goals when you consider goals+assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad