OT: Montreal Impact thread: Tha Isolated Market Of MLS... Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
You would think St-Clair would take the penalty. Why oh why? We didn't deserve to win with 0 shots on goal.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
They should've kept pressing high and exploiting those slower Swedish left and right back.

Oh well, lots of what if.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Haiti was strong last time around, not surprised they're making some serious noise this year.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
They're playing nice football. Fun game to watch.
Indeed, I was truly surprised by their quality in 2015. Other good team is Curacao. Those two teams might leave central american teams in the dust real soon.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Not surprised at all from Haiti, I saw most of their game against Chile and was mindblowned. Them, Jamaica, Curacao are the overlooked teams that can go to Sf/finals. I am legit scared now that we are facing them with our shaky defense, one mistake and its in the net. Says a lot that they can beat Costa Rica..

At least Costa Rica was fragile and passive but their tournament ends on Saturday for sure. What a disappointment...

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Herdman better stop playing if he wants to win, no time for overcoaching or play some chess. Go all in.

Moreira sucks so bad I bet Pachuca regrets buying him now. He makes Navas look like Yashin.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
He was scoring against PSG when Novillo was at home eating cheetos.

He was playing in Ligue 2 this season though (still better than master jabroni). I don't know if he can be good enough. Didn't we have enough jabronis?

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
He was playing in Ligue 2 this season though (still better than master jabroni). I don't know if he can be good enough. Didn't we have enough jabronis?
Ligue 2 has a good level, guys with speed and power tend to fit well in MLS. Romain Metanire was one of the best RBs in ligue 2 last year and he's an all star this year.

Hervé is in kind of the same mold, he can play in ligue 1 if promoted (Like Diallo was as well) and I don't think his transfer fee would be that high. I don't think he'd cost a TAM contract, so he's worth it in my book. His transfer fee would cost around 1M I think.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

Novillo , 2 Ligue 1 games
Diallo, 3 Ligue 1 games
Camacho, 0 Ligue 1 game
Bazile, 93 Ligue 1 games, 9 goals, 10 assists. Best season was 7 goals.

Lol nowhere near their levels, is a number 10 with great technique. Maybe a hot head which is why he was playing in Ligue 2 last season. He seems like a ballhogger, trying to dribble everyone based on tonights game. Maybe he wouldnt get along with Piatti too much. thinking about it maybe thats why Piatti flopped in Europe?

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
That was a very disappointing game. End of a cycle for CanWNT?

Nah, Beckie, Huitema, Buchanan, Leon, Fleming, Quinn are still mad young. I like Schmidt but she is disappointing, same with Fleming.

All I know is that if this was LeBron and he gave the penalty to someone else , Skip Bayless would have roasted him for not being clutch and x factor. Point being you are the captain and the best player you take the penalty, period. Disappointing ...

Anyway we were outclassed by Sweden. Better physically and technically.

I don't want to see Larin. He is a useless player.

He has been meh indeed. He can bounce back this year in Belgium.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Sinclair is better at her sport than LeBron is at basketball

Last edited:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Novillo , 2 Ligue 1 games
Diallo, 3 Ligue 1 games
Camacho, 0 Ligue 1 game
Bazile, 93 Ligue 1 games, 9 goals, 10 assists. Best season was 7 goals.

Lol nowhere near their levels, is a number 10 with great technique. Maybe a hot head which is why he was playing in Ligue 2 last season. He seems like a ballhogger, trying to dribble everyone based on tonights game. Maybe he wouldnt get along with Piatti too much. thinking about it maybe thats why Piatti flopped in Europe?

Piatti got along with anybody that had skill (Dzemaili, Drogba, Di Vaio, Silva, Romero, 2016 Mancosu, Mapp, Bernier, Taider, Oyongo, 2018 Lovitz).

He just wouldn't pass to Donny Toia, Dilly Duka, Tissot, Oduro, Wenger, Mallace, etc, because he rightfully thought he had a better chance to score than that lot.

He was probably the best play-maker during the All-star game last year. His pass on one of Josef Martinez's goal was absolutely gorgeous. He possesses a top notch MLS vision with the ball, he unfortunately never got to play for an extensive period with talent around him to match his.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
We should get Duckens Nazon.

I'm all for it, but is he better off in the Scottish Premiership/Belgian top flight or in MLS at 25? He grew up in France, so Europe is his home continent too. Having another Haitian would be pretty cool. There's obviously a big community in Montréal and Nazon, unlike Bernier (who's nonetheless a tremendous ambassador for Haitians), actually plays for the National team.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Sinclair is better at her sport than LeBron is at basketball

Dont do that Skip
:nono::rolly:
Piatti got along with anybody that had skill (Dzemaili, Drogba, Di Vaio, Silva, Romero, 2016 Mancosu, Mapp, Bernier, Taider, Oyongo, 2018 Lovitz).

He just wouldn't pass to Donny Toia, Dilly Duka, Tissot, Oduro, Wenger, Mallace, etc, because he rightfully thought he had a better chance to score than that lot.

He was probably the best play-maker during the All-star game last year. His pass on one of Josef Martinez's goal was absolutely gorgeous. He possesses a top notch MLS vision with the ball, he unfortunately never got to play for an extensive period with talent around him to match his.

Not what I mean, I said maybe he flopped in Europe because he was too much of a ballhogger. Europeans hate it, especially the French unlike in Central/South America where its praised.

Just got what you were saying , are you saying he would get along with Bazile or not ? I was just making a joke about them not getting along lol

He would be a decent get, TAM for sure, but dude acted like Josef when he got subbed off. maybe not the best team player.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad