Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Can we potentially play Costa Rica twice this tournament? :sarcasm:

My lineup against Cuba tmrw :

Osorio-Cavallini-Hoilett
Arfield
Piette-Okello
Davies-Henry-Cornelius-Godinho

Okello is that 6'5 DM taller than Marc Gasol & Bol Bol:laugh:, never saw him play but Wiki got very nice things to say about his style of play ...

Edit : If Henry isn't 100% play Miller, but that D-line need chemistry.
Millar for Osorio
Larin for Cavallini
Morgan for Davies

Maybe give Max a start.

Piette in your lineup? Am I still dreaming?

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Piette in your lineup? Am I still dreaming?

He is still an utility player against smaller nations. When I'm criticizing Potato, It's because I want him to do more. I even told him that and he got nervous. You should read what Canadian forum says about him if you think im his biggest hater...

He's limited with little to offer and shouldn't be an undisputed starter in MLS like he's in Mtl. He's not that much better to Azira. Nowadays DMs need feet which Azira has, but he could play in most European leagues as rotation player as he can break plays like there's no tomorrow. Good news is that he's still young but we don't know how high is ceiling. He started every game since he got here, although he improved a bit, it isn't significant which is exactly why I wanted him to stay in Europe...

Another annoying thing, 99% of DMs can play CMs as their secondary positions, he can't.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Why don't the Impact hire star forwards anymore, like when they had Drogba and Di Vaio? Scoring is a technique, it's like riding a bike, you don't lose it with age. I like Piatti but he's not a natural scorer. Maybe I'm saying this because of the NHL draft, I'm not a regular on this thread. Is it because Saputo spent all his money in Bologna?

Last edited:

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Why don't the Impact hire star forwards anymore, like when they had Drogba and Di Vaio? Scoring is a technique, it's like riding a bike, you don't lose it with age. I like Piatti but he's not a natural scorer. Maybe I'm saying this because of the NHL draft, I'm not a regular on this thread. Is it because Saputo spent all his money in Bologna?

Technically, we are at max Cap or close enough. To get one of those star forwards, we need to shed some dead wood first but nobody wants them and their contracts are guaranteed

Reactions: FF de Mars

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It all comes down to questionable asset management really. We had a bunch og money coming in with the Silva/Ballou deals and what did we do with it ?

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
It all comes down to questionable asset management really. We had a bunch og money coming in with the Silva/Ballou deals and what did we do with it ?

Numbers behind MLS Ambition Rankings: Eastern Conference

They have a bunch of TAM(2.8M$ left I believe), but can't fit a new TAM player (530K) on the cap. That's because the current TAM contracts (Urruti, Novillo, Camacho and to a much lesser extent Sagna) are awful, as was pointed out by The Athletic this week. Also, we're currently paying a few players that are not on the roster (Vargas for 200k, Donadel for an unknown amount, maybe others). Finally, some contracts are ineffcient (300K for a benched Cabrera, for instance). Vassili needs to clean the mess that was made by Braz & co previously. If only we still had Matt Jordan. Whoever said he would be a big loss was soooooooo right.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pompeius Magnus

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I saw the 86 World Cup Team Canada. This team puts that one to shame. If Herdman doesn't out-coach himself this team can make it to the 22 World Cup and make some noise. Some serious noise. Too bad Atiba won't be there.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Damn Herdman listened to me in my lineup at 95%. Alright Johnny boy here is your next lineup for your QFs.

Cavallini(Larin)
David-Osorio-Hoilett
Kaye(Teibert)-Hutchinson(Arfield)
Davies-Henry-Cornelius-Godinho

NO impact players selected for the ASG in Orlando

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
2 penalties was all it took. Really? I hope France beats them.

France are so fragile. They remind me of Mexico in this Gold Cup. One mistake and they are on suicide watch. I was rooting for Brazil but they lost. I don't think France has what it takes to beat USA. They struggled against Brazil, Nigeria, Norway.

I find Americans too cocky & arrogant but USA will tear them apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->