OT: Montreal Impact Thread: Game 3 ----> Montreal Expos @ NY Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2010
The reason I say that is that he struggles with injuries and fitness. He's class but can't stay healthy. I'm still for the signing like I said.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Does anyone if Schweinsteiger will be ready to play against us next week? .... Like he couldn't wait 2 weeks before joining Chicago.

Tylers Dad

Registered Dad
Sep 12, 2013
Azeroth
The reason I say that is that he struggles with injuries and fitness. He's class but can't stay healthy. I'm still for the signing like I said.
This, he's made 35 total appearances in the past 2 years and 28 in his last season with Bayern.

We'll have to wait and see if he regains his form.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
It all depends on his motivations to come to MLS. If he's coming to collect a last paycheck, then I doubt he'd contribute much. However, I feel he's got something to prove. I was shocked he was still only 32 yrs old, I feel he's been around since forever.

Most high profile players that came lately contributed positively, even Frank Lampard who didn't seem to be interested at first, had a very good stretch last season and was among the best players in the league.

Tylers Dad

Registered Dad
Sep 12, 2013
Azeroth
It all depends on his motivations to come to MLS. If he's coming to collect a last paycheck, then I doubt he'd contribute much. However, I feel he's got something to prove. I was shocked he was still only 32 yrs old, I feel he's been around since forever.

Most high profile players that came lately contributed positively, even Frank Lampard who didn't seem to be interested at first, had a very good stretch last season and was among the best players in the league.
It's also going to take a while to adjust to the different game style and lower caliber players

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Canada didn't lose in Scotland.

Yeah, and most of our players had 5 caps and less against Scotlands first team at home. They played a really decent game. With some work with our movement off the ball, the attacking philosophy they seem to want to put in place could pay off. You could see how our midfielders were uneasy going forward, which is normal when you've been turtleing, back passing, and throwing pointless long balls forward for years.

And wow, was that really Fraser Aird? He was taking advantage of spaces left by poor Scotland coverage all game.

Also, I keep thinking how we could use Piette in Montreal as a backup for Donadel who is often injured and not getting younger.

Just fyi on the international topic, Chile-Argentina tonight should be an epic game.

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Yeah, especially in Chicago where they have Juninho and Dax to drop back.
And he's more of a possession player.
They only have 2 options ;
I see Chicago approaching our 433 style
Accam-Nikolic-alvarez
Schweinsteiger-Dax-Juninho
D line

or
Nikolic
Schweinsteiger(number10)
Accam-Dax-Juninho-Alvarez
D line

One thing for sure, they won't bench Dax or Juninho in favor of Bastian

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
I remember watching the world cup when Schweinsteiger first played for Germany and him becoming one of my favourite players just because of his name.

pylero

gone abs gone
Jan 4, 2014
Montreal
Of course, the preview starts after they won't have anymore CL games and will end before the Clasico. Smart marketing is smart.

Well BeIN has the CL rights for the Monaco - Dortmund and Barca - Juve games on April 11th, plus the Atletico - Leicester and Bayern - Real ones on April 12th :)

Dec 2, 2010
Ciman had a tough match against Greece, making a mistake that lead to the goal. Belgium looked like **** without KDB and Hazard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad