OT: Montreal Impact Thread: Game 3 ----> Montreal Expos @ NY Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.

void

Jan 5, 2006

Biello on roster changes: "Toronto, New York and us didn't do much. The ones who made a lot of changes are the ones at the bottom of the standings."

I don't like this mentality at all. We had a great off-season but we were pitiful for most of the regular season. There was a lot of room for improvement, imo.. Hope they prove me wrong.

Also, we need a title. I'll change it whenever you guys figure out what it should be.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Same here, good teams anywhere are always looking to get better.

My main concern is how we struggled half way into the season and how our lack of depth was a concern, an injury could've easily made our playoff run shorter. IMO we have less depth this year, at least trialed and tested depth.

I'm really glad and looking forward to see academy players get some playing time, but will we be relying on them too heavily too soon? The shift seems drastic.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
"Already waiting for Dzemaili"
"Bernier's last season"
"Mallace is still around, please send help"
"Tickets price is too high"

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
the title should be the JS post encouraging rape after the lost to TFC, to remind us of how low this thread can go

Last edited:

Malmo

Apr 6, 2008
We didn't adress the size issue with our defense, but Dzemaili alone should make this a good offseason.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Not liking our defense and midfield starting the season. Last season our defense was a mess. And our midfield is getting older and older. Let's see if Dzemaili will have the same motivation as with Bologna, he was awful with Galatasary.

No proper backup for Mancosu either. I don't think AJH is good enough.

Kant Think

Chaotic Neutral
Aug 30, 2007
Gatineau
the title should be the JS post encouraging rape after the lost to TFC, to remind us of how low this thread can go

Wait, what?

really?

As for Biello's comments, I only see it as PR trying to make themselves look good amidst the storm of signing that stormed the MLS, I don't actually think that they are stupid enough to think they don't need to improve...and they did anyhow, somewhat, so far.

Improvement is for peasants.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

Biello on roster changes: "Toronto, New York and us didn't do much. The ones who made a lot of changes are the ones at the bottom of the standings."

I don't like this mentality at all. We had a great off-season but we were pitiful for most of the regular season. There was a lot of room for improvement, imo.. Hope they prove me wrong.

Also, we need a title. I'll change it whenever you guys figure out what it should be.

It's funny how when they don't do nothing, they like to compare themselves with Toronto but when Toronto gets a big player they say how happy they are with what they've got.

gelu88

Sep 12, 2011
Brossard, QC
Remember, the roster got cut down, we've trimmed down so many underperforming players, we're just left with the core.

In return we have a ton of money and flexibility. I expect us to be able to take advantage of any opportunities in the league in the first third of the season, plus multiple signings on top of Dzimaili this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad