OT: Montreal Impact Thread: Game 3 ----> Montreal Expos @ NY Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
in only 3 games, Atlanta are one goal shy of 1/4th of what Montreal scored last year in 34 games. Remember, it's their first season too. #MoneyTalks

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
in only 3 games, Atlanta are one goal shy of 1/4th of what Montreal scored last year in 34 games. Remember, it's their first season too. #MoneyTalks

Interesting fact although they played Minnesota (who's awful) and a team down a man for 80 mins

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Minnesota just drew Colorado 2-2 with a man down in an away game vs probably the hardest team to score against, unlucky? yes awful? not really

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
Two more goals for Dzemaili today. That's 9 in 29 games for Bologna as a central midfielder. Dude will be amazing.

On another note, there's a soccer website that I often go on : Transfermarkt. It has well presented info about pretty much every soccer player in existence alongside with their stats and value over the years.

I looked at Dzemaili's profile : http://www.transfermarkt.com/blerim-dzemaili/profil/spieler/9967

I was very surprised to see that he cost over 22 million Euros in transfer fees since 2010, that's quite high!

That being said, making a lineup with him will be quite interesting. He's bound to take a starter's job. Who will it be though? Bernardello, Donadel, Bernier, even Oduro is at risk.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Two more goals for Dzemaili today. That's 9 in 29 games for Bologna as a central midfielder. Dude will be amazing.

On another note, there's a soccer website that I often go on : Transfermarkt. It has well presented info about pretty much every soccer player in existence alongside with their stats and value over the years.

I looked at Dzemaili's profile : http://www.transfermarkt.com/blerim-dzemaili/profil/spieler/9967

I was very surprised to see that he cost over 22 million Euros in transfer fees since 2010, that's quite high!

That being said, making a lineup with him will be quite interesting. He's bound to take a starter's job. Who will it be though? Bernardello, Donadel, Bernier, even Oduro is at risk.

At this point I see him taking Bernardello's spot. Bernier is playing well and Bernardello doesn't provide much offense or creativity.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
At this point I see him taking Bernardello's spot. Bernier is playing well and Bernardello doesn't provide much offense or creativity.

Bernardello is somewhat our bulldog out there. With Dzemaili in, I wouldn't be surprised if they try to rotate the midfield.

Game 1, Arregui/Donadel + Dzemaili
Game 2, Bernardello/Bernier + Dzemaili

Dec 2, 2010
Bastian is over the hill but it's a good name to have in the league and for Chicago. As long as the league keeps growing with younger signings like the Atlanta boys and Giovinco, the older signings are a boon.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Bastian is over the hill but it's a good name to have in the league and for Chicago. As long as the league keeps growing with younger signings like the Atlanta boys and Giovinco, the older signings are a boon.

over the hill? He isn't as good as before but still has plenty to offer. Just retired with Germany as the captain. U realize he's the same age as Feilhaber and a year older than Klejstan? And there's no comparison between Benny or Sasha to Bastian, not even in his worse days. Also good he came from directly to Man U. By far the best CM, glad he'll play in this league and starting from tomorrow.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
over the hill? He isn't as good as before but still has plenty to offer. Just retired with Germany as the captain. U realize he's the same age as Feilhaber and a year older than Klejstan? And there's no comparison between Benny or Sasha to Bastian, not even in his worse days. Also good he came from directly to Man U. By far the best CM, glad he'll play in this league and starting from tomorrow.

The thing is that he has much more soccer in his legs than a typical 32 year old. He's been playing at the highest level since before he was an adult. I've got to admit I thought he was much older than 32, more like 38, but that must be the gray hair. Nonetheless, it's great for the visibility of the league.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
The thing is that he has much more soccer in his legs than a typical 32 year old. He's been playing at the highest level since before he was an adult. I've got to admit I thought he was much older than 32, more like 38, but that must be the gray hair. Nonetheless, it's great for the visibility of the league.

Yeah, I also thought he was much older than that.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

Well its true he has alot of 'mileage" but so did Robbie Keane when he first joined LA, ppl had the same argument and he probably played his best years in MLS. If Bastian can stay injury free, he'll be one of the best CMs in MLS in a long time.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com

You, sir, are very funny. Bastian is no slowpoke and washed up player. He still has plenty of soccer to play and will be very dominant in the MLS. The man was stuck in Man U and was still dominant with Bayern and the national team before his move. He will beat us badly. Best CM in the league right away.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
You, sir, are very funny. Bastian is no slowpoke and washed up player. He still has plenty of soccer to play and will be very dominant in the MLS. The man was stuck in Man U and was still dominant with Bayern and the national team before his move. He will beat us badly. Best CM in the league right away.

I Totally Agree with you people think he's washed up because he was on the bench at Man U because of a coach who simply didn't like him and had personal problems. He was still good enough to start for every team in the world, excluding the obvious ones. If an EPL scrub like Jozy Altidore can nearly dominate this league, just think of a world cup & champions league winner in Bastian Schweinsteiger at 32 who didn't play that much in the past 2 years.

I know I'm gonna start watching more Chicago and will go at the game on August 16. Best signature in 2017 so far. That's just like when David Villa or Kaka joined the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad