Proposal: Montreal has so much cap space they could afford to take on Lucic if it means getting Puljujarvi

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
The only way I’m taking Lucic is if he’s got 1.3M retaining and comes with Puljujarvi for Alzner straight up.

Cap hit for each teams remains the same but Montreal gets Puljujarvi for taking on the extra year.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
it took MacKinnon until his 5th year to be the dominant centre he was projected to be, and even then, he hasnt come close to winning a Cup. I dont doubt JK will be very good in a few years, but come on, the guy isnt projected to be a franchise centre a la MacKinnon.

All Im saying is the Habs need more than what they have to be contenders. JK is a great start, but I dont think Domi and Drouin are the missing pieces win them Cup by any means. Jury is out on Poehling, Suzuki, and Romanov, and it will be years down the road until we know. I sincerely wish they wouldve tanked a few more years to have more certainty in their future, primarily on D.

I was with you on tanking coming into the year but the team is just too good and it's clear last season was more of an outlier than anything else. I have my doubts about Suzuki and haven't watched enough of Romanov to really build an opinion but I think Poehling and Kotkaniemi are safe bets and Montreal will be a legit contender in 2020/21

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
No team should be bailing the Oilers out on that contract. Unless it's a massive massive overpayment.

Let them choke on their incompetence

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Pulju isn’t worth taking Lucic

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
I was with you on tanking coming into the year but the team is just too good and it's clear last season was more of an outlier than anything else. I have my doubts about Suzuki and haven't watched enough of Romanov to really build an opinion but I think Poehling and Kotkaniemi are safe bets and Montreal will be a legit contender in 2020/21
Could be, but I dont see how theyll match up with TB or TOR by then, let alone other teams on the rise like BUF and FLA.

If Poehling turns out to be a great 2C, I think their offense will do fine for years, with Domi, Drouin, and JK, (maybe Suzuki).... but I still dont see their D being good enough, especially with an aging Weber. They need that stud D to win a Cup, imo.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
This seems very shortsighted. Taking an albatross contract on the gamble that PoolParty works out long term seems like horrible asset management.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I'm sure there are worse things than taking on Lucic's contract.....I'll get back to everyone when I think of what that could possibly be.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
Wow....if Edm went for Lucy + Bouchard for Alzner + Hudon
You’d have to take a look.

Lucy has 4x6 & Alzner 3x3.5 after this year so he costs us in the final year BUT Bouchard will just be hitting his stride. The intangible is......can Claude get his boy back on track to be the dominant force (barf) he was?

I’d do it for Bouchard alone but I’m not sure the Oilers (with no current GM) would.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad