Confirmed with Link: Montreal fires Therrien - Claude Julien named Habs Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I'll be happy for Julien success yes. cheering for the hab's no.
It's 2 different things.
I know for some of you this doesn't compute.:laugh:

No it's not. If you are cheering for Julien, you are cheering for the Scabs.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Don't know if it was posted, but Claude got 5 million for 5 years. 3rd highest paid coach behind Quenville and Babcock.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I'll root for Julien, not the hab's.
I won't mind wen they win.
I'd be happy wen the bruins win.
Won't mind wen they lose.

Is it OK reality wise?

:laugh:

I will not root for Clode. He is the Habs coach.
Great coach while he was here. The era is over now. Hopefully he sucks in Montreal.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
**** **** ****ity **** **** ****.

I called this ages ago, and it was the main reason I didn't want to fire Claude. For the last year or two, the best thing about having Claude (even if he wasn't working out particularly well for OUR team) was that he at least wasn't available to wreak havoc on us from the outside. He's a good coach, and just like players can take advantage of a new opportunity under a new coach, Julien can take advantage of this new opportunity with a new team.

Habs fans and Habs media hate Therrien, and I can only assume that some of it is for a rational reason. They're going to be good. There's one thing the Habs and the Bruins have in common: superstar goaltending. That's a great place to start building a team.

Oh, did I mention? ****.

Please, please don't fire Clode, the Habs will be waiting.
This is crazy thinking

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
Variety is the finger lickin spice of life.

61eb0b36288354c724186b528702f46f.jpg

Last edited:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
rightly so IMO

You really think Clode is the 3rd best coach in the NHL? I'm going to respectfully disagree.

Please, please don't fire Clode, the Habs will be waiting.
This is crazy thinking

Keeping a coach who is no longer a good fit for your team/organization just to keep him away from someone else is a "loser mentality" IMO.

Do what's best for your team/org, and don't worry about the other guy (at least until you have your own **** together) and they are in your way.

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
I can't remember if I asked this last night or not, but it's predicated on the cartoon I saw with Clode at customs, being asked if he had anything to declare. Stuffed in his suitcase was Marchand. Are there any players you could see wanting to go to Montreal to be with Julien, especially with a contract that expires in that 5 year contract window?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
Okay, I want all the pro-Clode people on one side of the room and all of the anti-Clode people on the other side.

I'd be hard pressed to even cheer for Pasta if somehow he went there, and he's been my fav Bruin for a long time since he got here.

It's freakin Montreal people

Kaoz

Apr 8, 2015
Okay, I want all the pro-Clode people on one side of the room and all of the anti-Clode people on the other side.

Since he's the Habs coach, aren't we all anti-Julien now?

I mean, you can like CJ as a person but to hope he's a success is to hope the Habs are a success. Personally, I love the guy, he helped bring Boston a cup, but I ope his career is so bad over the next 5 years he can never get a head coaching job again.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I am now Anti-Clode due to his new job, but good for him to get all that dough.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

I mean, you can like CJ as a person but to hope he's a success is to hope the Habs are a success. Personally, I love the guy, he helped bring Boston a cup, but I ope his career is so bad over the next 5 years he can never get a head coaching job again.

Amen. Thank God there are a few of us left.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island

There are some people in here who have said they will root for Claude and be happy if he finds success.

Personally, I love the guy and hope he never wins another game.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I can hardly wait to watch the bilingual interviews where Claude complains about back to back games and compressed schedules in two languages!!! :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad