Proposal: Montreal - Edmonton

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Mete wouldn't make the Oilers--especially when Andrej Sekera returns. No coach in their right mind plays a 19 year old kid who's played fewer minutes than the aforementioned Brandon Davidson ahead of players like Darnell Nurse, Oscar Klefbom or even Kris Russell for that matter. Nobody's critiquing his potential.

And clowns post things like 'RNH is an overpaid thirdliner' or 'is a pansy'. RNH would lead your team in scoring. And he's done that from our second line. Your team would be lucky to get an RNH.

Carry on. This is entertaining.
Your players are all so good but you sit 5th from the bottom. Yes this is entertaining.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
No one said they were all good. Now you're putting words in my mouth.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
:sarcasm::sarcasm:
Mete > Klefbom
Pacioretty > RNH

This is what it all breaks down too, the original proposal.

If RNH is so great on th 2nd C then you guys should hold on to him....

He is. And we will thank you. He is the kind of player every coach loves.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
No mental hoops needed.

-He is 19
-Shlemko just activated looking very solid
-Jerabek up from Laval looking very solid
-He will be sent back to Juniors soon and Team Canada.

Mete 19 > Klefbom 24

He's just better, no need to be insulted, i give credit where credit is due.

You are an unrepentant homer. That is all.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
You are an unrepentant homer. That is all.
Why are you being so bitter? He's just better, i've seen tons of Klefbom and many games this season. I root for both teams. Edmonton is my West team. I'm from Montreal and live and ottawa. Visited Edmonton about 20 years ago..

I'm not a homer. I would swap teams in a second believe me. But i'm loyal 100% to the CH.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Mete wouldn't make the Oilers--especially when Andrej Sekera returns. No coach in their right mind plays a 19 year old kid who's played fewer minutes than the aforementioned Brandon Davidson ahead of players like Darnell Nurse, Oscar Klefbom or even Kris Russell for that matter. Nobody's critiquing his potential.

And clowns post things like 'RNH is an overpaid thirdliner' or 'is a pansy'. RNH would lead your team in scoring. And he's done that from our second line. Your team would be lucky to get an RNH.

Carry on. This is entertaining.
So you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Good to know.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Patch is one of the worst captains in the NHL and has a loser mentality.
Mete is nothing special. most bottom pairing D play more than 6mins LOL

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Patch is one of the worst captains in the NHL and has a loser mentality.
Mete is nothing special. most bottom pairing D play more than 6mins LOL
Patch has one of the thoughest jobs in the NHL, he want's to win no question.
Mete is top 4 in Edmonton no question about it.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Why are you being so bitter? He's just better, i've seen tons of Klefbom and many games this season. I root for both teams. Edmonton is my West team. I'm from Montreal and live and ottawa. Visited Edmonton about 20 years ago..

I'm not a homer. I would swap teams in a second believe me. But i'm loyal 100% to the CH.

He's not better. Flat out. He should be back in junior.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Patch has one of the thoughest jobs in the NHL, he want's to win no question.
Mete is top 4 in Edmonton no question about it.
No. The toughest jobs in the NHL belong to actual elite players who have to lead their teams to playoffs and put up elite numbers doing so.
Name a top 4 D in the NHL who plays 6mins a night on any team. He's not a top 4 on any NHL team. Argument can be made that not only is he not top 4 in NHL or AHL and he should be in junior.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
He is better. And he is going back to Junior, but only because we can afford to lend him back now that Shlemko is reactivated and Jerabek is up from Laval for good.

Our D is looking good

Shlemko-Weber
Alzner-Petry
Jerabek-Benn

You have David Schlemko on your top pairing. That is not good.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
No. The toughest jobs in the NHL belong to actual elite players who have to lead their teams to playoffs and put up elite numbers doing so.
Name a top 4 D in the NHL who plays 6mins a night on any team. He's not a top 4 on any NHL team. Argument can be made that not only is he not top 4 in NHL or AHL and he should be in junior.
Being Captain of the Montreal Canadiens has a lot more pressure than many other Captains have in this league.

Never said he was top 4 on any NHL team, i said he is top 4 in Edmonton right now no question. He plays amaizing in our top 4, he's great playing with Weber, our coach has been reducing his time to give more time to our veterans, now that Petry is playing great and Alzner playing better... Shlemko back, Jerabek back up... Sorry but Edmonton's Defense is not looking good right now.... Mete is very solid and hella fast.

Last edited:

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
You have David Schlemko on your top pairing. That is not good.
You should watch him play, he's surprisingly very well adapted to this faster style NHL, he's an effective player with good speed and good first passes, good defensively too... Watch him play he's legit, handles the puck well, not like a grenade (Davidson)

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
You should watch him play, he's surprisingly very well adapted to this faster style NHL, he's an effective player with good speed and good first passes, good defensively too... Watch him play he's legit, handles the puck well, not like a grenade (Davidson)

He has never - ever - averaged 20 minutes a night of ice time. He is not a top pairing defenceman - heck he's not even a good 2nd pairing defenceman.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Let's see how he pans out, playing with Weber tends to make players look better, i know he's a career 5-6 D man so we'll see..

... he's 30. 30 year old defencemen don't just magically turn top pairing overnight.

You're awfully quick to heap praise on Schlemko for three good games but you totally throw Klefbom under the bus despite an entire season and playoffs as a top pairing defenceman?

Your bias is showing.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
So you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Good to know.

My apologies. I should've worded that better. I meant average icetime per game, which is what I was alluding to, not total icetime. To suggest Mete, a player who quite often sees under 10 minutes of ice in games, would see more ice than Darnell Nurse or Oscar Klefbom who both commonly see more than 20 minutes per game is--my apologies--laughable.

Brandon Davidson
2017-18 MTL D 13 0 1 1 -3 9 0.08 0 0 0 0 0 0 13 14:55

Victor Mete
2017-18 MTL D 26 0 4 4 5 2 0.15 0 2 0 0 0 0 22 14:47

Mete started off getting heavy assignments at evens in Montreal because they simply lacked a left-handed puck moving option after Markov walked. But quickly it was obvious he was in well over his head so they began to limit his minutes. I don't even need to watch the games to see that. He's green and the coach is treating him that way. He may very well develop into a better player, but today he's about as responsible as Brandon Davidson--waiver wire hero.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
We did watch him play. We sent him golfing in May.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
... he's 30. 30 year old defencemen don't just magically turn top pairing overnight.

You're awfully quick to heap praise on Schlemko for three good games but you totally throw Klefbom under the bus despite an entire season and playoffs as a top pairing defenceman?

Your bias is showing.
Klefbom is good, Mete is just better is all.

And ya i'm optimistic about Shlemdog, Jerabek could end up playing with Weber though. We'll see if Shlemko keeps it up, if he doesn't them our idiot GM will have to trade for a top 4 LHD, or they will have to keep Mete.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad