Proposal: Montreal - Edmonton

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I was wondering if something around Patches + Mete for RNH + Klefbom would interest Oilers fans?

Patches is due for a raise in 1.5 years (~2.5M raise) but would be offset by Mete’s ELC for another 2.5 years.

It also gives Montreal a good #2C and a LD to play with Weber. It fills both position needs for Montreal, however, I am unaware of Edmonton’s needs.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
No, it would not. Klefbom was lights out last year and is coming around this year. Totally disinterested in moving him, and we should be finding ways to keep RNH, not moving him for s guy that can walk in 2019.

Last edited:

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
No, it would not. Klefbom was lights out last year and is coming around this year. Totally disinterested in moving him, and we should be finding ways to keep RNH, not moving him for s guy that can walk in 2019.

Totally understable. I thought Mete would offset the loss of Klefbom. What if Bergevin allowed PC to have a chat with Patches to see his interest in resigning during the summer?

Edm d had issues for a lot of years they won’t go back to that nightmare

Mete is already doing well at 19. He will probably take another big step forward next year as well.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Totally understable. I thought Mete would offset the loss of Klefbom. What if Bergevin allowed PC to have a chat with Patches to see his interest in resigning during the summer?

Mete is already doing well at 19. He will probably take another big step forward next year as well.

Banking on guys to take big steps forward is part of what got Edmonton into this mess. I'd rather bank on Klefbom getting healthy and returning to the form he showed last year than move him for a maybe.

I'd rather keep our centre depth. Pacioretty is a nice player but there's a reason pretty much every Habs fan is ready to move on from him.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Banking on guys to take big steps forward is part of what got Edmonton into this mess. I'd rather bank on Klefbom getting healthy and returning to the form he showed last year than move him for a maybe.

I'd rather keep our centre depth. Pacioretty is a nice player but there's a reason pretty much every Habs fan is ready to move on from him.

Fair enough. The reasons other habs fan want to deal Patches is because we’re deep at LW and he’s our best trade chip

Reactions: DaNaultinus

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
No way Edmonton does this. Even with his struggles so far, Klefbom has looked better as of late, and he is the most valuable piece in this deal, and probably the 3rd most valuable player on the Oilers.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
well
A 19 yr old rookie player a much harder position compared to a 2nd yr player being pushed to the 3rd line and and losing minutes quickly.:popcorn:
the competition at wing for toronto is much much much much better than the competition at ld for mtl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad