Montreal columnist Jack Todd wants shootout in Stanley Cup playoffs

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Terrifying that people actually think this way.

There is nothing I can think of in sports that carries the intensity of continuous OT in the SCPs.

By far one of the best things about hockey.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
They should get rid of the shootout in international hockey, too. If there's no winner in the gold medal game after an OT period, both teams get silver.

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
All he does is hunt for clicks. He said that the lottery was rigged in favour of the Leafs last year. He blocked me when I asked him why they wouldn't rig the McDavid lottery instead of the Matthews one for the Leafs.

Obviously, it's because they choose the team they'll rig the draft for at random.

OttawaKing

May 24, 2012
Sports columnist doesn't want to miss a deadline/stay up all night writing due to lengthy overtimes.

He should go work a real job for awhile so he can appreciate his privileged position.

You mean like on a farm, which he did, as a child?

Or maybe as an athlete, which he did in University?

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
Scott Burnside used to complain that the NHL should use a 2-3-2 format for the playoffs to be more "environmentally friendly". It had nothing to do with him hating to travel more in the 2-2-1-1-1 system. :sarcasm:

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
I agree with his. Should be shootouts for first 2 rounds (after one 5 on 5 OT). Sudden death for conference and Stanley Cup finals.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I agree with his. Should be shootouts for first 2 rounds (after one 5 on 5 OT). Sudden death for conference and Stanley Cup finals.

No. The shootout isn't hockey, its an individual skills competition in a team sport.

**** shootouts. **** em in the cornhole.

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
Since this guy's idea seems to be roundly rejected here (and rightfully so), how about another controversial suggestion to playoff OT? This one makes a little more sense at least:

OT periods are played in full, and the game continues until a team wins a period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad