GDT: Montreal Canadiens vs Winnipeg Jets 3/5/16 7:00pm EST SN,TVA, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
People might call it small sample size but for those who said Eller couldn't be a top 6 center, especially over the great playmaker DD, well that theory can stop.

DD centering Galchenyuk in the top 6, has 1 assist I think, or maybe none in 8 or so games.
Galchenyuk centered by DD in the top 6, 0 pt -10

Eller centering Galchenyuk in a legit top 6 role, 4 pts in 5 games.
Galchenyuk being centered by Eller, 5 goals in 5 games.

Sad thing is that we all know the when DD comes back, he will probably take the top 6 center role over Galchenyuk or Eller again for some games until the end of the season.

I get that DD is persona non-grata around here

But he's not even playing now, and people are still finding reasons to dump on him. I'm not a fan either, but come on.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Honestly, whatever heat this coach takes in the media he just does what they say so it stops. What a mental midget. I'm glad Galchenyuk is back at centre, but let's not pretend like it's not just so people stop asking about it.

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
You have to laugh at how now they put Galchenyuk on the top line with virtually no chance at making the playoffs. Maybe if they tried this 40 games ago or 20 games ago when they were scoring at a league low rate they actually might not be completely out of the playoffs.

I really, really hope that line goes on a tear.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Galchenyuk at centre on the top line?

WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I'm going to make sure I watch the first 3 min of the game to see Chucky at centre before he gets moved to the wing again.

Can't wait!!!

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Brilliant troll journalist! Curious who asked that question, they usually lob easy ones at Therrien anyway. Do you know?

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

No sorry I don't, only heard the voice and the accent and wasn't a regular Winnipeg reporter but yeah my first thought was exactly that. It would be interesting if that same reporter went to Therrien after talking with Maurice and asked something like
"So we spoke with coach Maurice and he has a young center in Mark Scheifele that has always played that role in order to learn on the job, why not that same approach with Alex?" or just simply asked what's wrong with you. :laugh:

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Watch Michel being praised on l'antichambre tonight for being savvy enough and having the vision to try the unthinkable of playing Galchenyuk on the 1st line.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Galchenyuk is finally where he belongs.

Hopefully that line plays great, Galchenyuk has 2 goals, is +2, and the Jets win 4-2. The tank must go on. It's going to be hard because the Jets are putrid and can't seem to win a game though.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Honestly, whatever heat this coach takes in the media he just does what they say so it stops. What a mental midget. I'm glad Galchenyuk is back at centre, but let's not pretend like it's not just so people stop asking about it.

He resisted a while though, since the media have been asking for it since 3 months.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
The thing is, if Pacioretty continues to not put in the effort Galchenyuk playing with him won't lead to too much more success. Here's to hoping Pacioretty shows up tonight!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Great job, Dong.

Last edited:

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
is it just Therrien being dumb?

therrien_michel640.jpg

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
So Galchenyuk on the first... now give him 20min TOI and MT will start being a real ****ing coach...

Mad Brills*

Ugh. I hope DD isn't back next season.

Bargainbin might be conviced he is his top 6 forward

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
I'll give the clown his due. Galchenyuk at centre is the right decision, and with the best offensive players in Pacioretty and Gallagher, I expect big things out of this line.

I'm interested in seeing what McCarron and Matteau can do together, especially with Byron's speed on the wing.

Danault with De La Rose has been a treat to watch.

As I said a couple of games ago, I'm mostly looking forward to seeing what the young players do and evaluating their play over the course of the rest of this season. Wins and losses don't really have any weight for me anymore, it's all about what the future holds.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Good to see that line, hopefully they do well. I kinda like Danault better on the wing and DLR at C. There's an audition going on for that 3rd C spot.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Almost hoping we go undefeated till the end of the season. Even if it means picking 14th. 'Cause that way, we'd be able to tell them how stupid they were in the press conference right after they mention how Price alone was the result of it....to which the reply should be...AND WHAT IF YOU WOULD HAVE PAIRED THAT GALCHY LINE SOONER YOU ****ING MOTHER ****ER BRAINDEAD LITTLE MAN?????

Or something close to that effect....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad