GDT: Montreal Canadiens vs Winnipeg Jets 3/5/16 7:00pm EST SN,TVA, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher

Finally, the most requested and most obvious line combination has been put together. Only took about 3 and a half years years, eh MT?

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Great that Galchenyuk is back at center despite having a lot of success on Eller's wing with 5 goals in 5 games.

But sucks for Eller for being moved yet again on the wing despite doing a great job centering Galchenyuk with 4 pts in 5 games.

I'd personally prefer Eller centering the third line instead with McCarron and Byron on his wings.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Finally, the most requested and most obvious line combination has been put together. Only took about 3 and a half years years, eh MT?

And it'll last less than 5 periods.

Not sure why he didn't try this line when we still had a chance this season after the Winter Classic once Gallagher came back. We went on a tear last season when he put this line together. It forces other teams to plan and try to match it with their top D and checkers, making some space for Plek to have more wiggle room offensively.

Also with Desharnais skating again, Galchenyuk better start producing at a PPG clip. The moment he goes 1-2 games without a point, DD will take his spot at centre on that line and he'll be shifted back to his natural 3rd line LW role.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
And it'll last less than 5 periods.

Not sure why he didn't try this line when we still had a chance this season after the Winter Classic once Gallagher came back. We went on a tear last season when he put this line together. It forces other teams to plan and try to match it with their top D and checkers, making some space for Plek to have more wiggle room offensively.

Also with Desharnais skating again, Galchenyuk better start producing at a PPG clip. The moment he goes 1-2 games without a point, DD will take his spot at centre on that line and he'll be shifted back to his natural 3rd line LW role.

Not sure? One should be plenty as to the reason why. The petit prince is our main man, or so says Master Michel.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Good to see Galchenyk at center on the 1st line

Eller gets the shaft though, goes from centering Galchenyk and putting up points, to playing wing with Plekanec centering

There goes his hot streak

Bieber fever

Mar 7, 2010
Westmount
The foward group is putrid. MB has almost an unlimited budget to hire the best scouts .I can't believe after 5 years he didnt acquirr one single top 6 player

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
People might call it small sample size but for those who said Eller couldn't be a top 6 center, especially over the great playmaker DD, well that theory can stop.

DD centering Galchenyuk in the top 6, has 1 assist I think, or maybe none in 8 or so games.
Galchenyuk centered by DD in the top 6, 0 pt -10

Eller centering Galchenyuk in a legit top 6 role, 4 pts in 5 games.
Galchenyuk being centered by Eller, 5 goals in 5 games.

Sad thing is that we all know the when DD comes back, he will probably take the top 6 center role over Galchenyuk or Eller again for some games until the end of the season.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Good job donghabs98! :clap: Good to see Galchenyuk and Gallagher together again. :yo: In past they always made scrambling plays close in front of the net. Perhaps they will kick start Patches to begin scoring again:dunno:
I'm actually rooting for both teams:help:

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
No excuses for Eller. He gets to play top 6 with Plekanec. :sarcasm:

Pssst Michel... IT DOESN'T WORK...

Eller always get the shaft. If there was still any doubters they now have to accept reality

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
:laugh: Season is a right off. Worst year ever to be a Habs fan, the Coaches pet is injured.

That folks, is what it takes for Chucky to be the first line center. :laugh:

Therrien - coach of the year! :laugh:

Lions999

Jun 28, 2011
There he goes again,I'm glad chuckie is at center but should be Eller chuckie gally. Patches doesn't deserve to play with gally n chuckie.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
is it just Therrien being dumb?

Yes, therrien is a dinosaur coach.

his lineup decisions all have us feeling like

iTSXNV9rUoeDS.gif

I see your Therrien and I call with a PoMo.
QMmuppf.gif

GL in all your wins and losses from here on :)

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Love the lines TBH, I'm a little more interested in watching the game.

Hopefully the 4th line is really the 3rd line though, that'd make it even better.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
DLR - Plekanec - McCarron
Matteau - Eller - Andrighetto
Mitchell - Danault - Byron

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Patches - Chucky - Gally?

I'll believe it when I see it :nod:

We should be betting vcash on how many shifts this will last... if the line even makes it to gametime :laugh:

#FireTherrien

#FeuTherrien

#EmbraceTheTank

#EmbrassezLeCharDAssault

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
We need to get rid of Plekanec even more.

Flip him for a top-6 winger so we can use Eller at Center where he belongs.

Agreed. Just as long as Eller isn't a top 6 C. I'd rather see McCaron there than Eller. The Dane is our ideal third line C, even with Danault on the team.

Ideally, you ice a 4th line of Danault (C) - Byron (LW - Andrighetto (RW) which amounts to a 3B line that can be a handful for opponents (Overflowing with Speed and forechecking), play solid D and provide secondary scoring, all while tiring out opponents.

For next year (considering they likely won't trade DD), I'd have a 3rd line of Eller (C) - DD (LW) - Carr (RW). Carr, more of a scorer than a playmaker, would play on his off wing. DD could be the playmaking winger on that line and Eller could control the puck possession and, hopefully, put his above average shot to better/good use.

The first line could look like tonight's line against WIN: Galchenyuk (C) - Pacioretty (LW) - Gallagher (RW).

The second line would have McCaron (C) - Hudon or UFA (LW) - Return VS Pleky (RW). With the secondary scoring potential on the 3rd and 4th lines, we could afford to go with a younger 2nd line (including MCCaron and Hudon to go with the more proven player acquired in the Plekanec trade) or, to be safer, Bergevin gets a LW on the UFA front so the large-bodied MCCaron is surrounded by two proven wingers.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
No excuses for Eller. He gets to play top 6 with Plekanec. :sarcasm:

Pssst Michel... IT DOESN'T WORK...

Eller always get the shaft. If there was still any doubters they now have to accept reality

Eller must loathe the coach

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
There's really no room for Desharnais when he comes back.

That's true.

Yet he will be put on the first line, pp, and final minute of every period and game. Start the 3 on 3 and shoot 2nd or 3rd in the shoot out.

MT uses DD the way Sullivan uses Sidney Crosby.

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
Seems like the MTL reporter was asking this question to get an opposing view of a coach to counter Therrien's reasons whatever they were for having Galchenyuk not playing center until now.

Brilliant troll journalist! Curious who asked that question, they usually lob easy ones at Therrien anyway. Do you know?

Sad thing is that we all know the when DD comes back, he will probably take the top 6 center role over Galchenyuk or Eller again for some games until the end of the season.

That's perfect for the tank and next season I hope DD is gone or doesn't play anything else than 3rd line winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad