GDT: Montreal Canadiens vs Ottawa Senators 10/15/16 7:00pm EST City,TVA, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
H/IO says Petry is in, and Sergachev will sit with Redmond............so why keep this kid, if you wont let him play...send him back to the Spitfires, so he can dominate...sometimes the brass really make you wonder what they are thinking...

He's getting one game in the pressbox to get a feel for the game after his rough opening night game. He'll likely swap back with Pateryn for the home opener.

The 9 games he is allowed will not ruin him and he'll likely make his way back to Windsor when that time runs out. You can also learn from watching and after last game, Sergachev could do with some watching.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
This is why I hate the rule that you can't send guys straight to the AHL, I see why the CHL hates it, so they don't lose their top players. But sometimes their are cases where a guy is too good for the CHL and not good enough for the NHL but since he can't be sent to the AHL, he goes back to the CHL.

Some think that there is nothing wrong with going down and dominating a leave but I think sometimes a player can be so good that they pick up some lazy habits because they don't even need to work that hard to dominate.

Do you have an example of this happening? A defenseman who was sent back to the CHL as an 18 year old 1st round pick and was so dominant he developed lazy habits?

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Let the conspiracy theories start flying...;)

Habs are always in tough vs the Sens........Anderson plays like he is Bernie Parent vs the Habs...low scoring tonight, 3-2 Habs in OT!!

As the game against the Leafs showed, he can be scored upon.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
He's getting one game in the pressbox to get a feel for the game after his rough opening night game. He'll likely swap back with Pateryn for the home opener.

The 9 games he is allowed will not ruin him and he'll likely make his way back to Windsor when that time runs out. You can also learn from watching and after last game, Sergachev could do with some watching.

And as someone else said, he's certainly at a point where he can learn a lot
from practicing with an NHL team. After a game off to "reset" a bit, he can try
another game to see how it feels. There is no rule about how many of the 9
he's allowed, he actually plays in. Or over what time period. So it's a matter of
seeing how it goes for him. Only playing in a 10th really changes things, and
like most of us, I'm hoping that doesn't happen.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
The problem I have with that is the contract not sliding. The next 3 years are gonna be big with:

2017: Radulov, Galchenyuk, Beaulieu, Markov (or a top4 replacement), Montoya (or replacement), Desharnais' replacement
2018: Pateryn, Carr, Danault, Price, Plekanec's replacement, Emelin (or replacement), Mitchell (or replacement)
2019: Pacioretty, Byron, Lehkonen

I'd prefer Sergachev's pay raise to be in 2020 instead, especially if it's to play him 11 mins a game for half a season.

Sergachev is either Markov or Emelin's replacement at ELC, no matter if he stays up this year it not.
McCarron is Desharnais' replacement (or Shaw is and McCarrin replaced Shaw)
Guys like Montoya, Pateryn, Carr, Danault, Mitchell, Byron are all cheap contracts
That leaves rfa deals for Galchenyuk, Beaulieu, Letkonen and ufa deals for Rads, Price, Pacioretty, Plekanec (or replacement).

That's pretty good if you ask me. Yes, 3-5 big deals coming over the next 3 seasons is very manageable.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Boucher said Tampa and Montreal are the top teams, the favourites
Probably meant in the East tho

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
Cant wait for this game, should be entertaining.

Calling the Pageau breakaway goal will happen in the 3rd period this time. Probably shorthanded

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Almost as if a flu can develop into an infection. Crazy isn't?

Crazy, you ask? I'd say confusing. I'm having trouble understanding your post. Price is not the first NHL player to develop influenza. Isn't influenza curable without therapy? Of course, its an infectious disease that can turn into an even more serious infection, namely, bronchial pneumonia, but this does not usually happen. Am I being too technical? Or are you intimating that it's not the flu but something that besets the lower limbs?

Oh, forget about it!

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Do you have an example of this happening? A defenseman who was sent back to the CHL as an 18 year old 1st round pick and was so dominant he developed lazy habits?

I really don't have a spefic example but there have been plently of guys that were in the NHL but not playing much, all because sending them down to the juniors would have been a waste.

Ex Drouin, 2nd year after being drafted, Tampa had to either keep him or send him to the juniors, Guy was playing 4th line mins all year..

Pouliot with the Wild was the same thing.

In terms of spefic prove, its not something that can be proven, but if you listen to a lot of hockey ppl when their are guest on radio or hockey shows, it is something they bring up.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Crazy, you ask? I'd say confusing. I'm having trouble understanding your post. Price is not the first NHL player to develop influenza. Isn't influenza curable without therapy? Of course, its an infectious disease that can turn into an even more serious infection, namely, bronchial pneumonia, but this does not usually happen. Am I being too technical? Or are you intimating that it's not the flu but something that besets the lower limbs?

Oh, forget about it!

I'm pretty sure PsychoticHabs was making fun of the other poster that was hinting it may not be the flu.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Pyatt on the third line, Borowiecki in the lineup. That's horrible. :amazed:

Habs should win this decisively, hopefully Weber/Emelin levels one of Stone/Karlsson/Turris at some point.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Lehkonen needs to convert on opportunities from Radulov or good old Michel will make some lineup adjustments.:laugh::laugh: I wonder who he would choose to move up?

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Lehkonen needs to convert on opportunities from Radulov or good old Michel will make some lineup adjustments.:laugh::laugh: I wonder who he would choose to move up?

He had some great opportunities. If he keeps doing what he's doing they'll go in, I'm not at all worried. Not you necessarily but some Habs fans on here seem to be negatively criticizing him for the puck not going in, give it a rest. Why not look on the positive side? He was there, made some great shots.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
He had some great opportunities. If he keeps doing what he's doing they'll go in, I'm not at all worried. Not you necessarily but some Habs fans on here seem to be negatively criticizing him for the puck not going in, give it a rest. Why not look on the positive side? He was there, made some great shots.

I like his nose for the net and knowing where to be, he reminds me of Camalleri in a weird way.

Lorty

May 7, 2013
A Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Radulov line would be amazing. Right now, our first line lacks playmaking abilities... Galchenyuk is more of a scoring center than a typical playmaker. And then Pacioretty is a pure sniper and Gallagher is a scoring grinder...

Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher

Make it happen!

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
A Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Radulov line would be amazing. Right now, our first line lacks playmaking abilities... Galchenyuk is more of a scoring center than a typical playmaker. And then Pacioretty is a pure sniper and Gallagher is a scoring grinder...

Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher

Make it happen!
I think we will inevitably see those line combos at some point. If Plekanec doesn't get going, Pacioretty & Gallagher have both proven they can carry a line offensively with inferior players or lack of chemistry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad