GDT: Montreal Canadiens vs Ottawa Senators 10/15/16 7:00pm EST City,TVA, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Hmmm correct me if I'm wrong but I thought it was a total of 9 games while he is on the roster, regardless if he plays or not..

From my perspective, I don't mind at all if he doesn't play tonight. That way, as someone suggested earlier, they might sit down with him during the game and analyze the game from the upper deck and let him know what he needs to work on in comparison with his first game.

Then, if we keep him for a max of 9 games, it brings us to the end of the month (Oct 29th against the leafs), so only for another 2 weeks, and it won't affect is season in the juniors and will just be great experience in the bank and a perfect motivation for him for next year IMHO
http://www.generalfanager.com/players/1741

Unless they changed it in the last CBA, if I base myself off my main example (Pietrangelo) his contract slid both seasons they had him play 9 games or less, including the time he was sent back down in January.

President Markov

Nov 10, 2015
Gatineau, Qc
http://www.generalfanager.com/players/1741

Unless they changed it in the last CBA, if I base myself off my main example (Pietrangelo) his contract slid both seasons they had him play 9 games or less, including the time he was sent back down in January.

Yeah you are correct, just found this:

http://proicehockey.about.com/od/collegeandjuniorhockey/f/nhl_juniors.htm

The 10-game mark.
A junior-aged player with a contract can play up to nine NHL games as a trial period. If he is returned to junior before the tenth game, his contract is effectively put on hold: when he goes to training camp the following season, he will be in the first year of his contract.
Once the player appears in his tenth NHL game, his contract kicks in. He can still be returned to his junior club after that. But at season's end, a full contract year will expire.

Regardless, personally I wouldn't keep him around for that long without playing a whole lot.. I don't think you need to wait that long to make up your mind if he ready or not..

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Amazing how Price who supposedly has the flu now resembles something much worse

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
I see no value of letting him play beyond 9 games.

I agree, but I see no value in sending him down now.

This is why I hate the rule that you can't send guys straight to the AHL, I see why the CHL hates it, so they don't lose their top players. But sometimes their are cases where a guy is too good for the CHL and not good enough for the NHL but since he can't be sent to the AHL, he goes back to the CHL.

Some think that there is nothing wrong with going down and dominating a leave but I think sometimes a player can be so good that they pick up some lazy habits because they don't even need to work that hard to dominate. I think Stevie Y in Tampa tired hard in the last CBA to maybe try to get maybe first round picks being able to play in the AHL straight but never got done.

I think with Windsor being in the hosting the Memorial cup and with the World Juniors, the Habs will keep him for a month or so to train and knows the life of an NHLer and send him back in time to get games in with Windsor before playing in the World Jrs.

I think this is why you'll see him in the press box more often than you normal like for a young guy. Like another poster counts it 10 games he has to play in, not just be on the roster for.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Carey Price is said to be on Antibiotics in the french medias.

This means, it is not the flu (a virus). He has a bronchitis (bacteria) etc.

This means he could be out as much as 2 weeks.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I agree, but I see no value in sending him down now.

This is why I hate the rule that you can't send guys straight to the AHL, I see why the CHL hates it, so they don't lose their top players. But sometimes their are cases where a guy is too good for the CHL and not good enough for the NHL but since he can't be sent to the AHL, he goes back to the CHL.

Some think that there is nothing wrong with going down and dominating a leave but I think sometimes a player can be so good that they pick up some lazy habits because they don't even need to work that hard to dominate. I think Stevie Y in Tampa tired hard in the last CBA to maybe try to get maybe first round picks being able to play in the AHL straight but never got done.

I think with Windsor being in the hosting the Memorial cup and with the World Juniors, the Habs will keep him for a month or so to train and knows the life of an NHLer and send him back in time to get games in with Windsor before playing in the World Jrs.

I think this is why you'll see him in the press box more often than you normal like for a young guy. Like another poster counts it 10 games he has to play in, not just be on the roster for.
Exactly how I see it unless in his next handful of games he exceeds expectations.

I'd expect him to be here for 6-8 weeks before being returned.

Windsor is solid enough without him.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Can't say I agree at all...........the kid needs to play, this may only be a game, but how do we get him in the lineup? The Habs let a 18 yr old sit, but yet Big Mac needs to go to the AHL and dominate, rather than develop in the NHL...talking out of both sides of their mouths?? Weird...

He will go back to Jr if they wont let him play...no way he eats hot dogs in the pressbox with Redmond all season...
Comparing the AHL to the OHL is the weird thing...

If we could send Sergachev to the AHL.. that would be great. But we cant. Serg has already dominated the OHL. Big Mac has not dominated the AHL.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
The Blues did the same thing with this kid called Pietrangelo and didn't turn into a bust, just saying. Sitting one game isn't going to kill the kid when he won the OHL D of the year as a 17-year-old in his first season in NA.

I agree. It's not like the kid won't watch the game with instructions on what to observe. Sometimes, especially for a smart kid, watching from a different perspective can open eyes...

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Don't underestimate Ottawa, they've got some holes in their roster but they can score too. Habs just need to play a textbook road game ie. boring.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Well... a Weber / Karlsson showdown just doesnt have the same ring to it.

I'm happy Petry is back in. Sergachev will probably sit, play a 2 or 3 more games and they wil send him down.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Don't underestimate Ottawa, they've got some holes in their roster but they can score too. Habs just need to play a textbook road game ie. boring.

Yeah they've got dangerous forwards...

But their defense is putrid

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
That's one ****** line-up the Sens have

Another win for the Big Cubano.

[Gfy]AlienatedPaltryDarwinsfox[/Gfy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events