GDT: Montreal Canadiens vs Ottawa Senators 10/15/16 7:00pm EST City,TVA, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
Is Petry playing ?

If so, is Sergachev out of the line up ? I personnally would like him to be not exposed to a nut case like Neil.

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
Is Petry playing ?

If so, is Sergachev out of the line up ? I personnally would like him to be not exposed to a nut case like Neil.
Yeah but if he doesn't play people will complain that we are ruining him and that he should ask for a trade because we are not respecting him.

President Markov

Nov 10, 2015
Gatineau, Qc
Good job on a last minute GDT! Habs come out strong and less rusty, Habs victory 5-2!

Weber and Karlsson's faces with that background remind me of a music album.

I see what you mean, here is the movie version :popcorn:

lfEpUw7.jpg

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Is Petry playing ?

H/IO says Petry is in, and Sergachev will sit with Redmond............so why keep this kid, if you wont let him play...send him back to the Spitfires, so he can dominate...sometimes the brass really make you wonder what they are thinking...

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
H/IO says Petry is in, and Sergachev will sit with Redmond............so why keep this kid, if you wont let him play...send him back to the Spitfires, so he can dominate...sometimes the brass really make you wonder what they are thinking...

The Blues did the same thing with this kid called Pietrangelo and didn't turn into a bust, just saying. Sitting one game isn't going to kill the kid when he won the OHL D of the year as a 17-year-old in his first season in NA.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Who cares if he sits for a game or two. Maybe management want to have him sit with them for an NHL game to talk to him while the game is going. Staying up with the big team for a few weeks, regardless if he's sent down or not is only going to help. I don't personally think the OHL is better for his development. He's far too good for the OHL this year and the OHL lost so many good players this season that he will dominate. To the point where it's too easy. I'd have love to see him play in Switzerland or something, to be honest.

You can't really take out Pateryn or Emelin after Game #1. It would be criminal. The worst defenseman (aside from Serg) in Game #1 was probably Beaulieu. And it showed by the coaches decision when Pateryn played far more minutes at ES and SH than him. And you're not going to sit Beaulieu after his great pre-season and one average game - plus you'd have to play someone on their wrong side.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Who cares if he sits for a game or two. Maybe management want to have him sit with them for an NHL game to talk to him while the game is going. Staying up with the big team for a few weeks, regardless if he's sent down or not is only going to help. I don't personally think the OHL is better for his development. He's far too good for the OHL this year and the OHL lost so many good players this season that he will dominate. To the point where it's too easy. I'd have love to see him play in Switzerland or something, to be honest.

You can't really take out Pateryn or Emelin after Game #1. It would be criminal. The worst defenseman (aside from Serg) in Game #1 was probably Beaulieu. And it showed by the coaches decision when Pateryn played far more minutes at ES and SH than him. And you're not going to sit Beaulieu after his great pre-season and one average game - plus you'd have to play someone on their wrong side.

There is no room for Sergachev. Agreed

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Can't say I agree at all...........the kid needs to play, this may only be a game, but how do we get him in the lineup? The Habs let a 18 yr old sit, but yet Big Mac needs to go to the AHL and dominate, rather than develop in the NHL...talking out of both sides of their mouths?? Weird...

He will go back to Jr if they wont let him play...no way he eats hot dogs in the pressbox with Redmond all season...

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Can't say I agree at all...........the kid needs to play, this may only be a game, but how do we get him in the lineup? The Habs let a 18 yr old sit, but yet Big Mac needs to go to the AHL and dominate, rather than develop in the NHL...talking out of both sides of their mouths?? Weird...

He will go back to Jr if they wont let him play...no way he eats hot dogs in the pressbox with Redmond all season...

Apples and oranges. Mac is the type of player who could benefit from playing a ton of minutes and proving himself in the AHL as a legit offensive threat. Sergachev doesn't have anything to prove in the OHL.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Apples and oranges. Mac is the type of player who could benefit from playing a ton of minutes and proving himself in the AHL as a legit offensive threat. Sergachev doesn't have anything to prove in the OHL.

Memorial Cup would be great and a good learning experience for him too. Lots of pressure and in a main role on the team too.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Memorial Cup would be great and a good learning experience for him too. Lots of pressure and in a main role on the team too.

Like I've stated in the last few weeks, there is nothing preventing the Habs to do the exact same thing the Blues did with Pietrangelo. Send the kid back down in December after having gone through a lot of practices with NHL players, it won't hurt the kid at all. Hell, look at Leon with the Oilers, people thought it was stupid and he didn't bust.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
With all of the talk of rivalries I always hear primarily about the Bruins and Leafs. My favorite games are always against Boston. However, Ottawa rivalry I believe is Montreal's fiercest in this day and age.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Like I've stated in the last few weeks, there is nothing preventing the Habs to do the exact same thing the Blues did with Pietrangelo. Send the kid back down in December after having gone through a lot of practices with NHL players, it won't hurt the kid at all. Hell, look at Leon with the Oilers, people thought it was stupid and he didn't bust.

The problem I have with that is the contract not sliding. The next 3 years are gonna be big with:

2017: Radulov, Galchenyuk, Beaulieu, Markov (or a top4 replacement), Montoya (or replacement), Desharnais' replacement
2018: Pateryn, Carr, Danault, Price, Plekanec's replacement, Emelin (or replacement), Mitchell (or replacement)
2019: Pacioretty, Byron, Lehkonen

I'd prefer Sergachev's pay raise to be in 2020 instead, especially if it's to play him 11 mins a game for half a season.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
The problem I have with that is the contract not sliding. The next 3 years are gonna be big with:

2017: Radulov, Galchenyuk, Beaulieu, Markov (or a top4 replacement), Montoya (or replacement), Desharnais' replacement
2018: Pateryn, Carr, Danault, Price, Plekanec's replacement, Emelin (or replacement), Mitchell (or replacement)
2019: Pacioretty, Byron, Lehkonen

I'd prefer Sergachev's pay raise to be in 2020 instead, especially if it's to play him 11 mins a game for half a season.

Oh I agree with that and I'm sure it's something that the Habs management have in mind. The kid won't bust if he only plays 8 more games till late November/early December.

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Sens were really loose in their first game, hopefully Habs can score some goals instead of peppering Andersons crest all night.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Sergachev will play this game?

Friday's pratice lines:

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Radulov
Carr-Desharnais-Shaw
Danault-Mitchell-Byron

Beaulieu-Weber
Markov-Petry
Emelin-Pateryn
Sergachev-Redmond

Montoya
Lindgren

President Markov

Nov 10, 2015
Gatineau, Qc
Oh I agree with that and I'm sure it's something that the Habs management have in mind. The kid won't bust if he only plays 8 more games till late November/early December.

Hmmm correct me if I'm wrong but I thought it was a total of 9 games while he is on the roster, regardless if he plays or not..

From my perspective, I don't mind at all if he doesn't play tonight. That way, as someone suggested earlier, they might sit down with him during the game and analyze the game from the upper deck and let him know what he needs to work on in comparison with his first game.

Then, if we keep him for a max of 9 games, it brings us to the end of the month (Oct 29th against the leafs), so only for another 2 weeks, and it won't affect is season in the juniors and will just be great experience in the bank and a perfect motivation for him for next year IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad