Post-Game Talk: Montreal Canadiens vs. New Jersey Devils @ 7:00 p.m. ET (Rookie Game #2/3)

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
Glad you bring up Simoneau, as he has done nothing but impress me with his play, despite the diminutive stature of course
He will help Laval tremendously honestly
My take is Laval will need high end centers to have the upcoming wingers used to quality passing. Simoneau is perfect for that. Ylonen will be happy.

Reactions: Redux91 and Tyson

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
I'm quite impressed with the HuGo moves to date. They really think forward.

The fact we now have the Rocket close to home base and that we associated with the Lions (whatever Bergevin faults, these were brillant moves) means there are multiple options to where the guys can play and thus we can play some euro goalies in the Echl and keep a close eye on them, try some guys like Dubé etc.

It's a chess game played by masters who want to lead the game, not being on the defense and hope. Feels like looking at a Dynasty type tv serie but about something that interest me deeply.

I'm extatic about the show given on the building side though i'm getting eager to look at real season pro hockey. ;)

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
That was my conclusion when I was looking at the prospects at the end of last season. Beck was everything people claimed Wright was, but with actual efforts put into it.

Maybe with less offense, but it's hard to know what Beck has offensively. It feels like he started to discover that aspect mid-season last year (his coach gave him more offensive opportunities around that time).
Your conclusion was a poor one.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
How did Nemec look?
Seemed clear that the coach gave him a long leash in order to show what he has, in the beginning he pinched a lot and tried to be to cute but as the game went on he got better. He definitely stopped one for sure goal with a stick lift and He did give Holtz two perfect passes that led to the goal during the 4 on 3 OT. Hard to tell if Holtz has gotten better at receiving passes (last year a lot of the time he had to catch the puck a lot more before shooting) or that the passes were just that good.

He's playing along side two defensemen that are in their final years of their ELC's so its easy to tell that compared to them that he's clearly still a rookie and has some growing to do.

He stated after the game that its definitely a faster game and the smaller ice means that he has to adapt and be quicker at doing everything.

I'd give him a B+

Reactions: Redux91 and Seb

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Seemed clear that the coach gave him a long leash in order to show what he has, in the beginning he pinched a lot and tried to be to cute but as the game went on he got better. He definitely stopped one for sure goal with a stick lift and He did give Holtz two perfect passes that led to the goal during the 4 on 3 OT. Hard to tell if Holtz has gotten better at receiving passes (last year a lot of the time he had to catch the puck a lot more before shooting) or that the passes were just that good.

He's playing along side two defensemen that are in their final years of their ELC's so its easy to tell that compared to them that he's clearly still a rookie and has some growing to do.

He stated after the game that its definitely a faster game and the smaller ice means that he has to adapt and be quicker at doing everything.

I'd give him a B+
Nemec is a nice prospect and will have good NHL career. But he is no game changer. That Nemec was taken second over all speaks more to the comparative weakness of the 2022 draft than Nemec’s ultimate potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad