Post-Game Talk: Montreal Canadiens vs. New Jersey Devils @ 7:00 p.m. ET (Rookie Game #2/3)

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I hope Rohrer and Engstrom will be good prospects because the CH has passed twice over Jordan Dumais who already has 4 pts in 2 games at the Traverse City Prospect Tournament. A player with 109 pts in his second junior season is impressive and I wanted the Habs to select him..
Damn, with a sample size like that the Habs already look foolish

No prospect has ever failed to be an NHL stud after putting up points in a low end tournament.

• Haha
Reactions: Andrei79

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
New Jersey play-by-play guy is like the guy from Slap Shot

"It's a low slot shot, ya know what that is right?"
"A shot from the slot that is low?"
The NJ colour man was atrocious and I wanted to punch his clock just by how he spoke, never mind what he actually said.

nvm i saw it

omfg Mesar scored again tonight... if they send this guy to the OHL i'm calling 911
Mesar was a major disappointment, actually. Completely unable to score at even strength ;)

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Prospects like Norlinder have little to no value on the market, it would be useless to give up on the kid yet, he still needs work defensively, but offensively he is showing some good things and above average creativity. I find his demeanor a bit too relaxed and not assertive enough, but I havent gave up yet on the kid personally.
Norlinder needs to get accustomed to NHL ice.

The forgotten D prospect named Fairbrother deserves a serious shot. I hope he has come prepared to take advantage of this opportunity.
A decent D prospect no one talks about.
He was efficient, for sure, although not flashy in the least.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
This year is Norlinder’s best shot. Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but he looks bigger. His passes are sharp and he skates well. Even if he doesn’t score, he puts oil in the offensive machinery, he also is good in transition. It’s all up to him, he deserves an honest opportunity to make the team.
Hes like 27 at this point, he should look like that in a rookie tournament.

• Haha
Reactions: Kennerback

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
The NJ colour man was atrocious and I wanted to punch his clock just by how he spoke, never mind what he actually said.

Mesar was a major disappointment, actually. Completely unable to score at even strength ;)
It often seemed like they had two color guys. Just chitchatting completely oblivious to the game going on.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I was quite impressed with Beck after the first game. He seemed to almost take it to another level tonight. Mesar continues to impress me. I'm good with the decision to start him off in the OHL. Though I can see why some figure Laval would be better for him. Also my little Simoneau, gawd I love that kid. I find myself cheering for him, whenever he has the puck.
Glad you bring up Simoneau, as he has done nothing but impress me with his play, despite the diminutive stature of course
He will help Laval tremendously honestly

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
when Beck was drafted one of the talking heads stated that “Beck has the same skill set as Shane Wright, but with a better engine”. I remember thinking this guy has to way off & then friends of mine (not Habs fans) we’re texting how much they loved Beck & Rohrer picks.

it’s only 2 games but I like the fact that 4 of our draft picks seem have a serious buzz following them.
That was my conclusion when I was looking at the prospects at the end of last season. Beck was everything people claimed Wright was, but with actual efforts put into it.

Maybe with less offense, but it's hard to know what Beck has offensively. It feels like he started to discover that aspect mid-season last year (his coach gave him more offensive opportunities around that time).

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I am sorry you did not get the joke buddy (or maybe you did), but yeah I won’t lose sleep over a loss in a rookie or any preseason game for that matter.
My comment was tongue in cheek also. No matter what, after a long era of darkness for this fabled franchise, the future looks much brighter. And for a fan who went to his first Montreal game in the 1950's that is something quite promising for fans of my vintage.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
I was quite impressed with Beck after the first game. He seemed to almost take it to another level tonight. Mesar continues to impress me. I'm good with the decision to start him off in the OHL. Though I can see why some figure Laval would be better for him. Also my little Simoneau, gawd I love that kid. I find myself cheering for him, whenever he has the puck.
The kid is built like a cigarette machine and won't take crap while playing with an edge. If we're gonna have small guys on the team, this is the type of player you want.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Just too many bodies ahead of him to pierce in this organization IMO.

Maybe he could get a better chance somewhere else and make it to the big leagues...
In the depth chart, that is true, but quite a few of those in front will bust. If he is good enough, he will make it in the NHL, whether in Montreal or elsewhere.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Mesar and Beck are really fun to watch. Great job by Habs scouts... I'm really high on both, they made that prospect pool sooo much better.

Hockey IQ is very important and both have great hockey IQ... they are going to play in NHL and they have all tools to become important players in the futur.

Jul 6, 2016
What's up with Slaf ? Is it right that he won't play another game in this tournament ? And why ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad