Post-Game Talk: Montreal Canadiens vs. New Jersey Devils @ 7:00 p.m. ET (Rookie Game #2/3)

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Slafkovsky-Kidney-Mesar
Farrell-Beck-Roy
Rohrer-Mysak-Heineman
Tuch-Kapanen-Biondi
Smilanic

Guhle-Mailloux
Harris-Barron
Norlinder-Xhekaj
Hutson

Dobes
Dichow

If we could send everyone.

• Love
Reactions: HomeAndHome

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Slafkovsky-Kidney-Mesar
Farrell-Beck-Roy
Rohrer-Mysak-Heineman
Tuch-Kapanen-Biondi
Smilanic

Guhle-Mailloux
Harris-Barron
Norlinder-Xhekaj
Hutson

Dobes
Dichow

Yeah, I wish we could have had Hutson and Farrell out there, they would have been a blast in a rookie tournament like that. At least one of our better goalie prospect too.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yeah, I wish we could have had Hutson and Farrell out there, they would have been a blast in a rookie tournament like that. At least one of our better goalie prospect too.

The one thing I see with what I'm posting there is - we have a lot of good defense prospects but we could afford to add more on the right side.

The center prospect depth needs more work, as well.

I think we will see some investment in the C, RHD and G pool this draft.

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
Slafkovsky-Kidney-Mesar
Farrell-Beck-Roy
Rohrer-Mysak-Heineman
Tuch-Kapanen-Biondi
Smilanic

Guhle-Mailloux
Harris-Barron
Norlinder-Xhekaj
Hutson

Dobes
Dichow

That's a pretty stacked rookie team!

It's really too bad Rohrer, Roy and Mailloux are injured... they could've realistically been there this year.

Did Beck even lose one faceoff last night ? He was a freaking machine. He switches sides too, like Plekanec used to, so he doesn't have a true weak side.
One of the first guys I saw do that was Chris Chelios (albeit not for faceoffs), back in the days.

Durvann

Feb 6, 2013
Did Beck even lose one faceoff last night ? He was a freaking machine. He switches sides too, like Plekanec used to, so he doesn't have a true weak side.
Just found out he was 1st in the OHL for faceoffs last year for what it's worth.

"Beck won 817 (60.6%) of his 1348 faceoffs this season in the OHL, well ahead of anyone else who took at least 500 faceoffs in the league"

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I can't remember a time since maybe the 80's that the Habs have had such a deep and talented prospect pool.
The 83 draft, 87 draft allowed the Habs to develop some pretty good players.

Reactions: bopeep

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
1663342237091.png

Reactions: HomeAndHome

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Condotta earned some respect for defending Slaf and a spot on the 1st line tonight! Interesting to see Mesar playing at center.
Condotta is a true dark horse. Undrafted, older college player who earned a one year contract.
With that said his upside is 100% a 4th liner, nothing more.
He played down the stretch for Laval last year and was nothing special.
However, he started looking really good during the playoff run and I saw some decent upside.
I appreciated that he stepped up last night for the Slaf hit.
I am rooting for this kid!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad