Confirmed with Link: Montreal Canadiens sign Gustav Olofsson to 1-Year, 2-Way Deal ($700K AAV)

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Highly unlikely Poehling will be in Laval. He is ready and this narrative that offensive skill can be developed in the AHL is nonsense.

I don't think that offensive skills can be developed on the 4th line in the NHL either.
So unless they drop one of Domi, Poehling, Danault or KK on the wing or include one them in a trade….i just don't see a place for Poehling.

Unless we plan on dropping Brook and Fleury it will likely be :

Ouellet, Leskinen, Olofsson, Sklenicka, Brook and Fleury.

Also apparently according to some fan we ABSOLUTELY must send both Mete and Juulsen to the AHL.

I think they also have Lamarche down there too......So that means they should buyout Alzner tomorrow.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I don't think that offensive skills can be developed on the 4th line in the NHL either.
So unless they drop one of Domi, Poehling, Danault or KK on the wing or include one them in a trade….i just don't see a place for Poehling.

I think they also have Lamarche down there too......So that means they should buyout Alzner tomorrow.

Or trade him with salary retained for Radko Gudas :sarcasm:

This way we'll be sure Ovy will never win the cup again :P

Reactions: Milhouse40

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

There are 12 forward spots, he will own one of them with Thompson and Deslauriers as extras.......see, simple! Don't forget that It is rare to see a team with all 12 of it's projected starting forwards healthy.

Even if he ***** the bed, it's not like he would be in Laval for long. It is just silly to project him as a core player for Laval.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Imagine he eventually stays healthy and pans out,,, they will say Bergevin got lucky once again lol

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
But it's basically that , Bergevin and company took a guess
That's all he does. Do no risk moves and pray to god that it pans out. He's throwing shit at the wall and hopes that it sticks. When was the last time one of these moves panned out and actually helped the team out consistently? Byron? Credit to the Habs for claiming him off waivers. However, they also "took a guess" on guys like Hemsky, Semin...etc

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
That's all he does. Do no risk moves and pray to god that it pans out. He's throwing **** at the wall and hopes that it sticks. When was the last time one of these moves panned out and actually helped the team out consistently? Byron? Credit to the Habs for claiming him off waivers. However, they also "took a guess" on guys like Hemsky, Semin...etc
And what the heck is wrong in all those throw shit to the wall moves? There's literally no backlash ffs!

I would be pissed if he was sitting there and not even trying to do something!but here you are complaining that he's trying doing shit! Oh just get lost pathetic serieusement!

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
And what the heck is wrong in all those throw **** to the wall moves? There's literally no backlash ffs!

I would be pissed if he was sitting there and not even trying to do something!but here you are complaining that he's trying doing ****! Oh just get lost pathetic serieusement!
It's the fact that he does NOTHING else. Can't commit to a direction so he is hoping for miracles by doing the most useless trades.

It's essentially the same thing as sitting around and doing nothing. When you refuse to sacrifice the future to make your team better because you want to build for the future but still want to remain competitive, you are stuck by doing nothing and pointless moves like this over and over again.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
It's the fact that he does NOTHING else. Can't commit to a direction so he is hoping for miracles by doing the most useless trades.

It's essentially the same thing as sitting around and doing nothing. When you refuse to sacrifice the future to make your team better because you want to build for the future but still want to remain competitive, you are stuck by doing nothing and pointless moves like this over and over again.
Wow,,, So trading PK and your captain is sitting on your ass? ok buddy...

Yeah forgot to mention the Golden Boy...

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Basically, he got rid of everybody that was here before apart Carey and Gally and here you are saying this guy just sits there and doesn't make moves? haha ok bro..

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Wow,,, So trading PK and your captain is sitting on your ass? ok buddy...
He traded an elite right handed defenseman for an older elite right handed defenseman. What's the point of that? How does that make your team better? Trading one player for another similarly aged player playing the same position does nothing. You are supposed to add to your team, not replace a player with another similarly skilled player.

Pacioretty had to get traded and wasnt coming back. I gave Bergevin full credit on that move.

Olofsson COULD become something, but he likely remains nothing. To say that he COULD become something is pointless when the last successful no risk move was claiming Byron.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
He traded an elite right handed defenseman for an older elite right handed defenseman. What's the point of that? How does that make your team better? Trading one player for another similarly aged player playing the same position does nothing. You are supposed to add to your team, not replace a player with another similarly skilled player.

Pacioretty had to get traded and wasnt coming back. I gave Bergevin full credit on that move.

Olofsson COULD become something, but he likely remains nothing. To say that he COULD become something is pointless when the last successful no risk move was claiming Byron.

Is that trade settled yet? I'm not that sure... I don't want to go there but it was not a pure hockey trade... Let's leave it there.

I mean the trade is still debatable... there's no OMG what a failure even though some around here try their luck...

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Interesting to see the team bet on Olofsson over signing Walford. Hoping that's a sign that they want a competitive winning environment in Laval next season. Should be interesting to see who can get a call-up on the Left side (Alzner, Olofsson, Ouellet, Skelenicka, Leskinen) if an opening emerges. Will one of them need to play in the ECHL - seems unlikely that they'll carry 5 LD in Laval. Likely one of them plays on the Right side with Brooks, Fleury and Juulsen. Only question now is who fills the LD NHL opening between Benn, Reilly, trade acquisition or an UFA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad