HF Habs: Montreal Canadiens Hockey Ops - Part 2

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Do you know the context of this comment? Was it positive, in regards to a specific topic, etc.?

Like Brière and hope they bring him on to the team as AGM if Madden is unavailable.

Brière wouldn’t say. He just let it be known that there was a comment in confidence that he values.

As for Brière’s future, it looks solidly entrenched in Philly.

BenG

Sep 15, 2015
Montreal
Brière wouldn’t say. He just let it be known that there was a comment in confidence that he values.

As for Brière’s future, it looks solidly entrenched in Philly.

Hmm, very interesting…
Will definitely give it a listen and really respect his opinion.

Reactions: Runner77

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
'Pat is about persistence': What are the Anaheim Ducks getting in Pat Verbeek, their newest GM?

"Now, there is the matter of Madden and Nonis, both of whom have collaborated with Solomon and Marchant during this interim period after Murray. The Ducks highly valued Madden, the scouting honcho that has had a big role in stocking Anaheim’s teams. They did not give Montreal permission to interview him, and he was promoted to assistant GM when Ron Francis wanted him in Seattle. But now that he’s not the choice, will Madden want to stay? Perhaps Nonis will want to seek a third turn as a GM elsewhere. Verbeek may also want to bring along someone he has worked closely with in either of his prior spots."

Refused Madden to be interviewed but then get someone else as GM. Jesus Christ. I know Madden is a classy guy but I would be pissed if I was him. I hate that we lost Julien Brisebois but at least we had the class to let him go for him to have an advancement for his career.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I think it's very odd that we didn't send down Primeau and Caufield and take Dell from waivers. Caufield and his inability to get a proper shot off is making Lehkonen look like Ovechkin and Primeau is getting pulled every game.

Dell is still suspended I think, or at least was at the Habs last game, so they would've to had keep Primeau with the Habs.

Last edited:
Reactions: SlyIslands

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Now that’s an interesting quote, wonder what the likes of Gallagher, Petry, Drouin, Price and Dvorak would think about that.
The writing seems to be on the wall for those guys, maybe not Dvorak, but the rest are vets, they probably are too far removed in their concerns as to how the team builds around the new kids so to speak.
We are really moving forward, finally...
The Rinse and Repeat Era has not been kind to us, and until some vets are moved, the cap wont be kind either....

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Does it sting and if so how much? How badly did Madden want the job?

All eyes on Martin Madden this week as he has just become Hughes’ prime negotiating target unless … Anaheim blocks him yet again:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

All eyes on Martin Madden this week as he has just become Hughes’ prime negotiating target unless … Anaheim blocks him yet again:

I Know what he should do.

5e4241b7-b47f-4c7a-92f3-b3024fbf38e6_text.gif

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017

Maybe he never wanted the Mtl gig. And the Ducks did him a favour to not grant Mtl the chance to interview him.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Doubtful, because he lives in Quebec and still interviewed for GM of the ducks
Who says he wants to work for the Habs? Guy likes working from his home in Qc and not have the Mtl pressure. I can understand that.

Now, the question you need to ask is : will Verbeek bring his own posse? THAT could prove to be the deathknell for Madden Jr with the Ducks. Madden is as a Bob Murray guy.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Was there Gorton / Madden Jr overlap w NYR?

Nevermind, he went from NYR to Canes then Ana

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Maybe he never wanted the Mtl gig. And the Ducks did him a favour to not grant Mtl the chance to interview him.

There are a lot of key facts we’ll never know.

Has anything changed now?

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Reading the Ducks forum, they are, in a majority, unsure of what he will want to do after this season.

Reactions: Vachon23

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Who says he wants to work for the Habs? Guy likes working from his home in Qc and not have the Mtl pressure. I can understand that.

Now, the question you need to ask is : will Verbeek bring his own posse? THAT could prove to be the deathknell for Madden Jr with the Ducks. Madden is as a Bob Murray guy.
My Point was more that if I were in his shoes I’d feel disrespected. It’s different if he was content, and happy In the situation. but imagine they’re preventing you from exploring an opportunity but at the same time they don’t hire you in the end. It’s a bit of a slap in the face and unfortunately for Anaheim because he doesn’t live there with his family he has less ties too the area then most. Ultimately his tie to Anaheim is culture and trust, and if he believes that trust is broken and the culture isn’t enough he may look elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad