Proposal: Montreal and Edmonton

spaghtti

Oct 13, 2013
Lmao @ Habs fans, you really need to start watching other teams if you truly believe Galchenyuk or Drouin are elite wingers

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I don't understand why so many RNH to Montreal threads get made given that Ryan is overrated, bad, and won't help the Habs so they don't really want him anyway.

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
I don't understand why so many RNH to Montreal threads get made given that Ryan is overrated, bad, and won't help the Habs so they don't really want him anyway.
I can't speak for others but I like RNH and would love him on Montreal. The thing is though if all we do is trade for RNH and do nothing else at center it doesn't really help us much so it wouldn't be first on my to do list.

BTW, it's not just Habs fans that go to the main boards and ask for a player and then dumb their skill level down to make it seem close, that tends to be a strategy for select fans of most teams here.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

You have a pretty terrible way of evaluating NHL players and NHL team lineups based on this statement.

There are a number of RNH to Montreal threads because he was available last year and the Habs need centers. RNH would instantly be your best center by a wide margin and he would allow your excellent wingers to improve and contribute at a better rate than they are now.

The main reason RNH was available was because Edmonton needed a winger for McDavid. Almost everyone on the forward lines were tried out in that spot during the last 2 years. Draisaitl was the only one who really clicked with McDavid and ideally the club wants him at 2C. McLellan didn't try RNH on the top line as a winger and kept him exclusively as a center until the last 14 games or so of this season.

When he was moved to the top line RNH demonstrated what pundits and fans suspected all along; he has the speed, skill and the brains to excel on McDavid's wing. I think McLellan became a believer to.

Now that the team seems to have a solution that keeps Draisaitl as a 2C and a winger who can keep up with McDavid the need to trade RNH to the Habs is gone from an Oiler perspective.

The team still has holes in the line up. A top RW, a middle 6 winger, and the elusive RHD PMD is still being sought after. If the Oilers acquire those they would be in a far better position to repeat their 103 point 2016-17 season.

See how I did all that? I didn't bash Montreal as a city or a franchise, didn't put down their players and broke down for you what Edmonton's needs are, all while explaining why there were so many RNH threads.

Reactions: oXo Cube

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
You have a pretty terrible way of evaluating NHL players and NHL team lineups based on this statement.

There are a number of RNH to Montreal threads because he was available last year and the Habs need centers. RNH would instantly be your best center by a wide margin and he would allow your excellent wingers to improve and contribute at a better rate than they are now.

The main reason RNH was available was because Edmonton needed a winger for McDavid. Almost everyone on the forward lines were tried out in that spot during the last 2 years. Draisaitl was the only one who really clicked with McDavid and ideally the club wants him at 2C. McLellan didn't try RNH on the top line as a winger and kept him exclusively as a center until the last 14 games or so of this season.

When he was moved to the top line RNH demonstrated what pundits and fans suspected all along; he has the speed, skill and the brains to excel on McDavid's wing. I think McLellan became a believer to.

Now that the team seems to have a solution that keeps Draisaitl as a 2C and a winger who can keep up with McDavid the need to trade RNH to the Habs is gone from an Oiler perspective.

The team still has holes in the line up. A top RW, a middle 6 winger, and the elusive RHD PMD is still being sought after. If the Oilers acquire those they would be in a far better position to repeat their 103 point 2016-17 season.

See how I did all that? I didn't bash Montreal as a city or a franchise, didn't put down their players and broke down for you what Edmonton's needs are, all while explaining why there were so many RNH threads.

It's been a long while since I've seen a post that missed the point this completely. :laugh:

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad