Confirmed with Link: Montreal Acquires Mike Reilly from Minnesota for a 2019 5th Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Was expecting Patch to be dealt in the summer, so not really surprised he didn't get traded.
Niemi and Hemsky had no value.
Schlemko and Benn have terms on their contract, so we can still trade them in the summer.

Hopefully, we get a new GM by then

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Seeing what McDonough , Kane and vanek got, I am sure happy patch was not given away. And boy do I feel we fleeced Toronto for pleks.
He also exchanged morrow and an UFA in jerebeck for a good young pleaser and a 4th.
I dislike mb but I actually think he had a very good deadline
how did we fleece the leafs? We got a player who is not NHL quality... a D man who is at best #5-6 and a 2nd round pick which is really the whole deal but it's at the back half of the 2nd.
So basically Pleks for a late 2nd. We didn't fleece anybody-fair trade for a rental.

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
I hate bergevin as much as the next guy, but this trade is nothing to get upset over, sounds like theres some talent, maybe a change of scenery will do him some good.

Reactions: dralaf

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I was one of the few who thought the light might go one day and he'd stop making so many bone head plays. He has the tools, but his decision making: yeeesh....

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I guess it's a good deal in the sense that they swapped Joe Morrow for a slightly younger Joe Morrow and got a slightly better draft pick out of it, so sure, why not. Bargain Bin gonna bargain bin.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
And HF is the circus.......the **** show is right here. The crying and whining is a freak show.....it hasn't been 6yrs of Arizona hockey here....we've had nice runs and good seasons.

Of course things have to change but to just neglect the success we had in the past is being very dishonest.
Success? Are you kidding?

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
You could copy paste all posts from the past trades and signings of fringe NHL players threads. Always the same. Move is good in a nutshell but it brings the team nowhere and doesn't fill any of the Habs need.

Always. The. Same.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
He has a great scouting report, young and a PMD. What’s the problem except for those who wants to grind their axes?

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
And HF is the circus.......the **** show is right here. The crying and whining is a freak show.....it hasn't been 6yrs of Arizona hockey here....we've had nice runs and good seasons.

Of course things have to change but to just neglect the success we had in the past is being very dishonest.

I don't neglect Carey Price's Hart/Vezina caliber seasons. He earned his money carrying this team.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
He has a great scouting report, young and a PMD. What’s the problem except for those who wants to grind their axes?

He's 24 (young but not that young by NHL standards) and has not shown an ability to cut it at the NHL level yet.

For context - half this board defended MB giving up on Beaulieu last year, when he was also 24. At 24, Beaulieau had shown significantly more production a at the NHL level than Reilly, who has a total of 48 NHL games and 8 points under his belt.

He's a perfectly fine, cheap move, but he's in the same league as Beaulieu (at best), Morrow, and Jerabek - which means yet again, we have done nothing.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
how did we fleece the leafs? We got a player who is not NHL quality... a D man who is at best #5-6 and a 2nd round pick which is really the whole deal but it's at the back half of the 2nd.
So basically Pleks for a late 2nd. We didn't fleece anybody-fair trade for a rental.
That we retained half his salary and helped the leafs with their 50 man limit.

Jul 6, 2016
So we went in few days from

Alzner-Petry
Benn-Schlemko
Mete-Morrow
Jerabek

TO

Benn-Petry
Alzner-Juulsen
Mete-Schlemko
Reilly

Which bunch do you prefer ?

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
All he's doing is Bargain Bin Flea Marketing like he always does. It's all he knows.

This is the GM that traded 2 2nds for Shaw and a prime Subban for an aging Weber.

I pray he sticks to the bargain bin until he's fired the day after game 82. Otherwise we're just going to keep getting worse. Also, I can't stand the sight of his face anymore. The sooner I don't have to see it the better.

Jul 6, 2016
I feel bad for Patches.... who will have to endure the Bell Centre boo-birds until the last game of the season. The guy was gone already since a long time in his own head. How will he react now ? Depressing for him.... But I understand MB. No good assets available (super young centerman) to conclude a trade.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Why not just protect Nate instead of pilon Benn last year?
Because Beaulieu is absolute trash. He is struggling BIG TIME in Buffalo. He can't defend whatsoever and the only thing he does well offensively is make turnovers at the worst possible times.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Why not protect Emelin instead and not trade Pateryn . Both are better d-men than Beaulieu.
Sure I would have been fine with that as well. Esp over what we picked up after June30th. I like Pateryn and I never had an issue with Emelin outside of his high salary-which would have been off the books this year. In fact we could have traded him this year at the TDL.

Jul 6, 2016
Sure I would have been fine with that as well. Esp over what we picked up after June30th. I like Pateryn and I never had an issue with Emelin outside of his high salary-which would have been off the books this year. In fact we could have traded him this year at the TDL.

Alzner is more expensive, you know .... ;)é... and for way longer....:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad