Confirmed with Link: Montreal Acquires Mike Reilly from Minnesota for a 2019 5th Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Oh shit, not a bad move actually. I saw him play in the AHL last year and he looked really impressive. That said he's struggling this year but he's still young and has potential, for a 2019 5th it's not a bad move at all.

He's great offensively, he just needs to develop his D-game some more.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
He's had guys like Suter/Brodin playing big minutes in front of him in Minnesota, maybe a change of scenery and only having to worry about plugs like Alzner/Benn will allow him to play more and be more effective.

Obviously we shouldn't be "buying", but giving up a 5th rounder and getting a 24 year old who plays a position where we need help isn't a bad risk at all.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I’d take his stats with a grain of salt. He produced well in the AHL. The problem is he decided to go to Minnesota, a team that had zero need for defencemen, especially offensive ones. He was behind a great core. Now he literally has no one blocking him since only two of the Habs defenders can skate and pass.

Reactions: Redux91

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Reilly is a very good skater and moves the puck pretty well but he makes too many mistakes and is kind of a tirefire defensively. He's similar to Beaulieu.

Reactions: Habs13

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
If you think people are bent out of shape because of this deal, you maybe just woke from a coma?

Be serious, Bergevin is a clown. He has been for 6 yrs and his shoes are getting bigger each season.

And HF is the circus.......the shit show is right here. The crying and whining is a freak show.....it hasn't been 6yrs of Arizona hockey here....we've had nice runs and good seasons.

Of course things have to change but to just neglect the success we had in the past is being very dishonest.

Mikah

Feb 19, 2018
I don't care for the 5th we gave up for him.

What I don't understand is that MB went to Minnesota twice with recruiters to watch this guy play, only days from the trade deadline. That seems like a lot of time that could have been better spent elsewhere or actually working the phones, and probably why at the end of the day, nothing happened in Mtl.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I don't care for the 5th we gave up for him.

What I don't understand is that MB went to Minnesota twice with recruiters to watch this guy play, only days from the trade deadline. That seems like a lot of time that could have been better spent elsewhere or actually working the phones, and probably why at the end of the day, nothing happened in Mtl.

Pretty sure he was looking at guys like Coyle and Eriksson ek.
Its been reported the habs had talks with the Wild about Pacioretty. It just didnt concretize.

Reactions: dralaf

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Wow, so many Bergevin trolls in this thread. Came here looking for perspective on the trade. “Hey trolls, nobody except for other trolls care that you really really really hate Bergevin!”

From what I read on Elite Prospects (Mike Reilly) he seems like a good risk. A 5th has like an 8% chance of playing 100 games. Maybe people in the organization see this guy as having a 30%, and being ready a few years earlier.

Not a bad risk.

Btw, I hear on TSN 690 that Jarebek (sp?) wanted a lot of money to re-sign, and maybe there is some story with Morrow. Anyway, an extra 4th in this years draft is not bad. I hope Reilly works out.

Reactions: dralaf

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
How is he worse...

It's still rotating the bottom pair on d and the 4th line. These aren't the problem. He's actually done a descent job in these departments.

We need a left hand d to play with Weber. We need two top six centers.

What has he done to address those needs???

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Seeing what McDonough , Kane and vanek got, I am sure happy patch was not given away. And boy do I feel we fleeced Toronto for pleks.
He also exchanged morrow and an UFA in jerebeck for a good young pleaser and a 4th.
I dislike mb but I actually think he had a very good deadline

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
The Joe Morrow trade was atleast getting something out of nothing then he makes this trade. They’re insignificant but this trade sums up Bergevin perfectly. He just can’t help himself from hopping in the dumpster.

Reactions: Kimota
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad