OT: Montréal Impact Thread - Worst Team in Town, Best Team in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I don’t think this is the best hire. He has a lot of learning to do.

He does. But I think his hiring had a little more than just coaching involved. For one, name recognition. For another, contacts that will help with recruitment.

I hope that he is surrounded with MLS experienced staff. I do hope Bernier returns as an assistant, too.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
I guess i'll voice the same concerns as last time... big money coach therefore we won't have money for good players, again

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
At least he knows the MLS.

But contradictory from what Gilmore said when Garde left about not wanting to be defined by one player/coach.

Another move that smells like improv.

Reactions: Habs Icing

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
I hope it works out there is a lot of positive to this hire but a lot of negative as well.

++
- Knows the league
-Played with Bojan
-Will bring people to the Stadium
-Has contacts all around the world.

--
- Monacco

Reactions: atrud66

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
IMG_20191114_092232.jpg

JtotheC

Apr 29, 2011
Montreal

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
The issue isn't so much money spent but HOW we've been spending it IMO. A pretty big percentage has been on jabronis that haven't been any help to the team.
Because we refuse to pay transfers. Always players on their last few steps or overpaid players. We also have no assets to trade in the MLS, sometimes the solutions are in the MLS. That has to change.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Henry impact coach ?

Hahahahahaha I said it a few weeks ago they will get a clown like Henry instead of a reputable coach. The good part is that he has no pressure.

This dude will insult every sh*t player the opportunity hes got. Yeah he doesn't care about not being the fans favorite.

But at least this team will be entertaining and dramatic af to watch

JP loves his drama. Damn soap opera incoming 2020, I'll be at the stadium almost every game just to watch his reactions

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
The issue isn't so much money spent but HOW we've been spending it IMO. A pretty big percentage has been on jabronis that haven't been any help to the team.

I mean yes but i'm talking realistically right now we're not gonna stop signing jabronis so any penny we could save to get a non-jabroni would help

jabroni

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad