OT: Montréal Impact Thread - Worst Team in Town, Best Team in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
For those who are Athletic Subs, this is a great read.

Apparently when Saputo stormed the dressing room after the Cincy loss at home, Piatti called him out in front of everybody and said he only showed up when the team was in trouble and mentioned that he might not be back next year.

If you read between the lines, Stejskal is also implying that Cabrera won't be back (team went from 1pts of the playoffs to 7 pts now, from 8th to 9th, was 1-4-1(I think) since Wilmer took over in MLS.) The biggest decision for Renard though is whether to bring back Nacho on his rich option-year...

The Impact's struggle to find stability and establish an...

Last edited:
Reactions: TRG and ArtPeur

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Well Bruce Arena just proved to you that he could still manage in 2019 huh? 3rd best PPG since he took over the SAME team in May. He just added a Gustavo Bou and worked with what he had which are a bunch of MLS jobbers and draftees. Easily a Coach of the Year contender. I knew from when he took over that they would make the playoffs.

I didn't pick TFC because I'm a closeted fan but I saw their game a few weeks ago against LAFC and looked like a final. I have never seen LAFC get dominated in their home field this year. But sadly for them, they probably won't play a home game.

End of a cycle? Lol Pozuelo is 28, Jozy is 29, Bradley is probably his last games there (or as DP), and your superhero barely makes the 18. They'll have an open DP slot and get ready for a big name, I'm thinking Giovinco returns.

The East is so weak so it could even be a team like New England/DC who wins the conference but Toronto have the experience.

Taider is definitely MLS Hall Of Fame status if we compare him to that ham who wears number six. #6 should return to Europe asap, like Ligue 1 team, like tomorrow. Metz are playing in L1 right? Suits his style better.

As for Taider he's running everywhere actually doing something, best creator we have, look at his assist to Lassi in LA, aside from him and maybe Shome I don't think anyone can do this. Getting rid of him with the end of the season he's having would be dumb before the CL.

Who cares if he can't take corners it's not like anyone else is better.

NYC will probably be the Eastern finalist. They might even be good enough to beat LAFC. Heber is an absolute beast and Mitrita/Moralez are en fuego. Toronto might the be the weakest playoff team in the East...

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
For those who are Athletic Subs, this is great read.

Apparently when Saputo stormed the dressing room after the Cincy loss at home, Piatti called him out in front of everybody and said he only showed up when the team was in trouble and mentioned that he might not be back next year.

If you read between the lines, Stejskal is also implying that Cabrera won't be back (team went from 1pts of the playoffs to 7 pts now, from 8th to 9th, was 1-4-1(I think) since Wilmer took over in MLS.) The biggest decision for Renard though is whether to bring back Nacho on his rich option-year...

Nacho for president.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
He did the same with NDS a few years ago.

But yeah, if, big if Wilmer doesn't stay, there's no way Piatti stays. I don't see Piatti staying at 35 trying to adapt to some random Euro coach. Pretty sad, considering CL is coming in February, if everyone is leaving forget about winning a single game. Need stability and depth, not a makeover. We can keep the same defenders, just add a big power CF like Borja who's always a beast in CLs.

NYC will probably be the Eastern finalist. They might even be good enough to beat LAFC. Heber is an absolute beast and Mitrita/Moralez are en fuego. Toronto might the be the weakest playoff team in the East...

weakest? Altidore is miles better than Heber on paper
Pozuelo is better than Mitrita and Moralez on paper
add Omar G who is better than all NYCFC's defenders on paper

More like underachievers and I think it's because of their coach.

Reactions: varsaku

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
He did the same with NDS a few years ago.

But yeah, if, big if Wilmer doesn't stay, there's no way Piatti stays. I don't see Piatti staying at 35 trying to adapt to some random Euro coach. Pretty sad, considering CL is coming in February, if everyone is leaving forget about winning a single game. Need stability and depth, not a makeover. We can keep the same defenders, just add a big power CF like Borja who's always a beast in CLs.

The Piatti decision has nothing to do with Wilmer.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
It seems Bush was only really good when coached by Bats. He always sucked on airballs in the surface except last year. This season, Bats became associated coach or whatever and they brought in a new guy as goalie coach and Bush went back to his atrocious, hesitant play in the box, having no authority whatsoever.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
The Piatti decision has nothing to do with Wilmer.

You don't think they exchanged numbers and talk outside soccer like normal friends? Ha, think again. All about solidarity in foreign countries.

110% Nacho is back if Wilmer stays at least for CL till June but if an European coach with a new weird philosophy coach comes? Forget about Nacho and forget the CL. It's clear in the article, Saputo and Piatti don't see to eye to eye no more.

What do we do with Vargas? I say give him another shot in preseason if Wilmer stays.

Think Bush is a goner?

I don't know how he's still on this team fr. For the past 4 seasons I always thought it was time to move on from him. Just a 1.0 MLS GK with above average shot stopping skills.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
For those who are Athletic Subs, this is a great read.

Not very smart from Nacho to bite the hand that feeds him

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
You don't think they exchanged numbers and talk outside soccer like normal friends? Ha, think again. All about solidarity in foreign countries.

110% Nacho is back if Wilmer stays at least for CL till June but if an European coach with a new weird philosophy coach comes? Forget about Nacho and forget the CL. It's clear in the article, Saputo and Piatti don't see to eye to eye no more.

What do we do with Vargas? I say give him another shot in preseason if Wilmer stays.

Renard just said Player personnel decisions can be made before the coaching decision is taken. Bye-Bye double-Vé.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I like how Filosa pretends he's asking questions, but in reality he's sending a message on his own behalf to Renard and Gilmore.

Boardish

Mar 3, 2004
Some pretty good quotes by Renard. Hopefully it can be the start of something good.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017

I don't know how he's still on this team fr. For the past 4 seasons I always thought it was time to move on from him. Just a 1.0 MLS GK with above average shot stopping skills.
It's all about the money.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I like how Filosa pretends he's asking questions, but in reality he's sending a message on his own behalf to Renard and Gilmore.
Filosa is an italian shill who, like Marinara, defends the italian diaspora to death. He annoys me. And at the same time reminds me why I always hated to hang out with the italian paesans in my neighbourhood (Ahuntsic) when I was young. I'm of italian descent BTW. I just hated their insular attitude. Both are the same.

Reactions: Skip Bayless

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Filosa is an italian shill who, like Marinara, defends the italian diaspora to death. He annoys me. And at the same time reminds me why I always hated to hang out with the italian paesans in my neighbourhood (Ahuntsic) when I was young. I'm of italian descent BTW. I just hated their insular attitude. Both are the same.
He's angry 'cause De Santis is gone. Also has coincided with him losing the beat of the locker room. Only Arcadio is getting the scoops now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad