OT: Montréal Impact Thread : Un changement de Garde

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Nguyen would be pretty amazing, he's as good a playmaker as you'll find in the MLS. He tends to hang to the ball forever though, him and Nacho would have to learn to share a little to coexist.

Sthabs

Apr 7, 2006
Few points....
I m very happy to see the turnaround that this team did these past few months.
Seeing that picture yesterday with all the new players is exactly what I wanted to see at the end of last season.
The end of last season was truly horrible.
Biello had to go and we needed major changes. It s a start but there s still a lot to be done but it s a good start.
Very happy to see Taider and Vargas coming, have a good feeling about him and Diallo, the other ones I m still on the fence or dont know enough about them.
Sad to see Blerim and Ballou gone, I m not sure he will amount to much, even if I wish him well.
With that said we still have major question marks.
In the goals we all know what Bush will bring, Diop?...yup.....
Defence is still a question mark, Fisher not starting, Cabrera IMO is too small to be effective in the center and doesnt go up and down the wings enough to support the attack and create plays, but that was with the old Biello style. Lets see the other ones...
In the midfield we should be alright as well as the left wing.
But still no 10, no right wingers, and Mancosu and AJH as question marks for strikers...
For sure some of them will end up good and hopefully better than expected but that s still a lot of holes but at least it s much better than the shitshow last year

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Few points....
I m very happy to see the turnaround that this team did these past few months.
Seeing that picture yesterday with all the new players is exactly what I wanted to see at the end of last season.
The end of last season was truly horrible.
Biello had to go and we needed major changes. It s a start but there s still a lot to be done but it s a good start.
Very happy to see Taider and Vargas coming, have a good feeling about him and Diallo, the other ones I m still on the fence or dont know enough about them.
Sad to see Blerim and Ballou gone, I m not sure he will amount to much, even if I wish him well.
With that said we still have major question marks.
In the goals we all know what Bush will bring, Diop?...yup.....
Defence is still a question mark, Fisher not starting, Cabrera IMO is too small to be effective in the center and doesnt go up and down the wings enough to support the attack and create plays, but that was with the old Biello style. Lets see the other ones...
In the midfield we should be alright as well as the left wing.
But still no 10, no right wingers, and Mancosu and AJH as question marks for strikers...
For sure some of them will end up good and hopefully better than expected but that s still a lot of holes but at least it s much better than the ****show last year

As it stands right now I think the most likely candidate for the RW position is Edwards. He’s a left foot but this type of conversion could work perfectly. If you recall Justin Mapp was a LW but Schallibaum converted him to RW so he could cut inside and shoot or create plays.

On paper at least the team is lacking depth. Need more depth on central defense, midfield and the attacking positions (AM,Wing). Also if Mancosu is still crap we’re doomed.

Btw I read an article this morning on the start of training camp. Duval was talking about internal competition and he said he is competing with Petrasso for the starting RB position. This means the impact has clearly identified Petrasso as a RB primarily.

Edit:
PS: NYRB bought Alejandro Gamarra from Huracan for $7M.
MLS team sre investing in south americans in the hope they re-sell them for profits. Very smart and I wish we could do that as well.

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Before signing Marchisio, as good as he is, I'd look for a new forward and an attacking midfielder.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
A healthy Marchisio is a hell of a player. I've always seen him as a box-to-box. He can play anywhere in midfield. Yeah, those injuries... but such a good player, you have to take the risk.

I'm really surprised about the 3rd DP statement by Braz. Are we really finally going all in with the moneys?

@JunglePete @ArtPeur
Come on, just read what i said. Larin WAS in an Academy, Sigma Academy, for years, and then he played in NCAA only 1 year were he showed he was already way ahead of everyone else, and at a younger age. But he's an exceptional player no matter.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
As it stands right now I think the most likely candidate for the RW position is Edwards. He’s a left foot but this type of conversion could work perfectly. If you recall Justin Mapp was a LW but Schallibaum converted him to RW so he could cut inside and shoot or create plays.

I like the idea, but Edwards left foot is much more efficient for crossing than for scoring. Because of that, I dont know if he's the most likely candidate for RW, but with his talent, it's something they should explore.

Reactions: Luigi Habs

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Btw I read an article this morning on the start of training camp. Duval was talking about internal competition and he said he is competing with Petrasso for the starting RB position. This means the impact has clearly identified Petrasso as a RB primarily.

I haven't really watched Petrasso play, but on Transfermarkt, they list him as a RW. Also, Vargas shoots with his right foot, but plays more the LW, but can also play on the right side.

Reactions: Luigi Habs

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

DUQL0XTUQAA551N.jpg

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Man, the Marchisio talk is getting serious. Seems like we're getting the $aputo treatment this year.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Man, the Marchisio talk is getting serious. Seems like we're getting the $aputo treatment this year.

I think it might have a lot to do with Bologna really doing well this season. He must be raking in some good money because of it.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Let me guess who stopped running after 3 laps : Diallo, Jackson, Cabrera, Donadel, Oduro and maybe Loco Vargas too :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad