Not open for further replies.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

rejoice.png

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Do we really need another DM ? We're pretty set at that position.

You don't say no to Marchisio I guess, Taider could play as a false #10, so basically:

Duvall - Cabrera - Diallo - Raitala
Marchisio - Piette/Donadel
Vargas - Taider - Piattia
whoeverplaysCF

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
You don't say no to Marchisio I guess, Taider could play as a false #10, so basically:

Duvall - Cabrera - Diallo - Raitala
Marchisio - Piette/Donadel
Vargas - Taider - Piattia
whoeverplaysCF

You get Marchisio, you play him at CM (4-3-3 style)

Piatti - CF - Vargas
Taider - Marchisio - Piette.

He's too good for the MLS though... Doubt he signs here

Reactions: ArtPeur

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
You get Marchisio, you play him at CM (4-3-3 style)

Piatti - CF - Vargas
Taider - Marchisio - Piette.

He's too good for the MLS though... Doubt he signs here
True but they got Matuidi, Khedira and Pjanic. He's older than all of them. One thing for sure is that he'll leave Juventus. Will he go play for another Serie A team? doubt it. They rarely do that. Will he go to England? Too old for a top 4 team. Maybe France or Germany. But MLS is a very likely destination. What I'm doubting is Saputo paying him a high salary.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Then again it's probably him that made Marchisio interested in MLS and Canadian/American culture. Marchisio is a hardcore Juve fan. there's no chance he's staying in Serie A.

Clement Grenier rejected Montreal today. Good news, he would've been a disaster (For a DP). End of a chapter.

Friedel: Recent signings intended to make Revolution faster, more athletic They want a faster team? Send Oduro, Mancosu, GAM $ for Nguyen

Last edited:
Reactions: ArtPeur

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Oduro being super fast is mostly a myth in my book. Running fast doesn't do much good if you don't have the skills to control the ball or do anything with it. He doesn't even have good long pass reception skills, it's like his body is made of freaking trampolines most of the time.

Reactions: Bask

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Oduro being super fast is mostly a myth in my book. Running fast doesn't do much good if you don't have the skills to control the ball or do anything with it. He doesn't even have good long pass reception skills, it's like his body is made of freaking trampolines most of the time.

yeah but did you hear that crowd when he runs really fast and almost gets a goal

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So Nguyen didn't report to the NER's camp today. They're reportedly dealing with this internally. What do you guys think would cost IMFC to acquire him?

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
There isn’t a role Marchisio didn’t play in midfield with Juve.

He was for the most part a complete CM, b2b kinda. He also played CAM and 2 years ago after Pirlo left he was their DM.

His knees might be already done but I think he should still be able to provide very high quality job in midfield. If he comes I think he’d play Dzemaili’a role as an attacking midfielder. That would be crazy if he comes though. I’m a diehard Juve fan and he’s a favorite of mine.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
If Marchisio turns down Montreal's offer, it's all-in on Gourcuff I guess. His contract is ending and he's barely playing. Give him 1 year contract + option and see if he can find some form in the MLS I guess. At least, he wouldn't cost assets as in getting Nguyen. Lee would be nice though but I'm afraid he's asking for some huge pay raise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad