OT: Montréal Impact Thread : Un changement de Garde

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
@QuebecPride there's no logic in protecting Donadel who got at max 1 year left, he's an International player in his last hurrah. New contract or not, you really think LAFC will select him? If they want an International player they will go after Asad, Saeid, Lamah, Venegas. Donadel? Lol
You realize we protected this guy over Salazar? Very idiotic. Last year it was Romero this year it's Donadel. Salazar showed some promised, just has fitness issues and is played out of position. I really feel we're gonna lose him. Thankfully they can only select 5 players. I saw the full list and I think they'll select Alonso, Delagarza, Salazar, Irwin, Lamah. Raheem Edwards is also unprotected, so is Shelton, this will be interesting.

Now Oyongo? I understand why you would want to protect him. He might come back to MLS on loan, or in 2-3 years. But nothing will convince me it was a good idea to protect Donadel.

Also according to Leduc, Atiba is very open to come back here and said Montreal has shown interest in him. So it's between Montreal, Vancouver who have shown serious or stay at Besiktas. That's a good news. A better version of Bradley. But he won't come here for anything less than 3 Mil

Major transaction ongoing : Nagbe to Atlanta for 1,3 TAM

Last edited:

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
I'm surprised Raheem Edwards is left unprotected by TFC for tomorrow, LAFC have themselves a deal there.

I hate how TFC consistently undervalue their Canadian players. Canada's team right?

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Can anybody close to mods get this stickied?

As for Salazar, I doubt he'll get picked. If he does it will be far from the end of the world.

According to Martineau, the remaining Impact players don't know what's the plan for the camp and what they should do to prepare. It's all mysterious and, besides staff hiring, very quiet on the transfer front. Hopefully it heats up soon...

PS: Martineau is starting to grow on me. I will probably never like his attitude, but mad props to him to perform interviews in French, English and Spanish. Probably one of the few who could do that in Montréal with Filosa (replace Spanish by Italian).

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
It's not going to be stickied. A mod said earlier that they can only keep 7 stickied posts, they would rather keep the other ones than make room for this one

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Yeah Edwards unprotected is definitely the surprise along with Ozzie Alonso but the latter costs a lot of money and they got his position covered so understandable.

That is one thing I dont really like about Vanney. I understand Morrow and Mavinga have been good, but Edwards has been so undervalued and he is a big prospect for our NT from the games I see. And isnt he a Homrgrown player? Wow they really must want him out then. Good for him, he'll start over as I'm sure at 80% LaFc will select him and willbe a starter.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I knew it. They picked Edwards.
Good thing. I wont have to watch TFC anymore to see him play.

I'd be all for that, but what do we have to offer?
-GAM $100k
-Mancosu
-Cabrera
-rights to Duvall/Oyongo
-2nd round draft picks

void

Jan 5, 2006
Looking more and more likely that Ciman won't be back next season.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
****, well I called it:laugh:. I'm the oracle :sarcasm:

I had a HUGE feeling we would get Edwards. As for Ciman, you all know what I've been saying for months.

good riddance Ciman, hope you find your 2015 form and welcome Edwards! This a huge move and we could finally move on to better CBs. Ciman has been a liability for 2 straight years on and also off the field, whether you were in denial or not. This also means nearly 700k off our salary cap. Edwards is our future in LW/LB. Idk much about Raitala but depth is always needed. An Attacking Midfilder next

Reactions: Habs Icing

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I was harsh with the guy this year but I do wish him the best, he's been very good to this organization. I'm really happy with the return though, Edwards is a legit talent. I do think we can actually improve at the CB position now that Ciman is gone, he was in a clear decline. Plus, It's harder to find what Edwards does than what Ciman does in my book.

Last edited:

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
JP must be giddy. His team won the MLS Cup and we traded away Ciman.

Are the guys we are getting back any good?

Edit: Leduc on Twitter saying that Ciman wasn't consulted (which is normal). Guess that won't help us sign good INT'l players.

Last edited:
Reactions: TRG

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
JP must be giddy. His team won the MLS Cup and we traded away Ciman.

Are the guys we are getting back any good?

Edwards is athletic, great crosser, pretty young, possibly Piatti's replacement...He's a destabilizing LM. He can come up as a sub and change the game.

Idk Raitala, but his pedigree looks good.

Reactions: JunglePete

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Piatti's replacement? I am skeptical as hell. The guy was let go by TFC.
He wasn't really let go, they could only protect 11 players and if you look at the players that were protected, I can't find one that wasn't worth protecting over Edwards. Beitashour and Moor weren't protected as well. I've seen a couple of his games earlier in the season and he was the difference maker for a lot of their victories. Undervalued player by TFC, great snatch by us. We got the LB/LW position covered. I guess Raitala is our main LB, with Lovitz and Edwards as backups. Versatile too, can play up front, That's one position settled. On to the right side now.

As for Ciman, I doubt it'll affect him at all. He kept saying oh I wanna stay in MLS, I can go play in a different team, This is my last year of contract. His Wish has been granted. Tbh, he kinda dig himself a hole. I'm sure his family can stay in Montreal.

Even Garde saw Ciman as a liability.

Last edited:
Reactions: HabsHater9000
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad