OT: Montréal Impact thread - "I spend like poutine" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Diop was reassuring I agree with you. I would give him a shot as well, but Bush is their man so I don't expect it to happen yet.

Your favorite Toronto team is also tied with them.

Yeah with one game in hand. Not the same..

Anyway the crucial game would be next week at BMO and if you take into consideration Colorado, Calgary 2x, Chicago (all below average MLS teams) you can't be that optimistic.

Bettr chance at the Canadian Championship.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Everything's good

UnhealthyInnocentAmericankestrel-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: ArtPeur

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Because he's paid 4.75 mil this season. With that price tag you play him every minute you can, period.

The situation sucks hard. Impact need to invest in a quality 10 and a CB fir next season. Having 2 DPs around 2.5 mil each would be great.

I don't think we're getting a 10. Garde said it, he doesn't like to play 4-4-2 but he was forced to because that's the formation that suits best the players we've got.

If Piatti leaves we're going with a 4-3-3 and he'll probably bring a b2b or an 8.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Garde keeps going on about the 4-3-3 yet the roster hasn't been built to play like that at all. Here's hoping they at least get that right for next season.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
The house cleaning is going much faster than expected. I like it. But the winter mercato needs to be great as well. I hope they're already targeting players.

Reactions: QuebecPride

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
The house cleaning is going much faster than expected. I like it. But the winter mercato needs to be great as well. I hope they're already targeting players.

Yeah, the whole defense will be revamped. Other than Raitala and Cabrera, the others are all question marks to be back. Lovitz is wanted in Israel and is worth a lot to American MLS teams because he's a USNT player. Yao is still very green and will probably be loaned out. ZBG's loan will be done, but I expect him to be back. Sagna will probably retire, either that or the Impact will let him go since he's costing so much and he takes an intl spot. Kinumbe will be back but he's still green. Maybe they play Bayiha as a RB and a 2nd fiddle to ZBG. TMG will probably finally get a shot with the Impact, probably as a #3/4 CB.

Good news is that a lot of deadwood and expensive contracts will be gone. That gives a lot of leeway, but also a lot of rope to hang yourself with. Fingers crossed that they learned their lessons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia