OT: Montréal Impact thread - "I spend like poutine" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I read recently that it could be Carlo Ancelotti, who has remained friends with Beckham. He mentioned that he is interested in coaching in the MLS.
It must be someone of that stature with the type of recruitment they're having.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I read recently that it could be Carlo Ancelotti, who has remained friends with Beckham. He mentioned that he is interested in coaching in the MLS.

Twellman implied that the coach wont be Ancelotti nor Gattuso, Blanc + Moyes. But he deleted it so idk.

If none of the above, Nesta, Arsene, Allegri, Maybe Mourinho?

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Yup, and that's key I think. The team has plans to loan him next year to let him develop and see if he can become good enough tactically to play in MLS.

He's a bit old though, I'd be fine with this if he was 20-22.. but.. yeah..

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'm not so sure him going back to his old team is gonna make him a better MLS level player at this point. This is where having a B team might have been nice.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm not so sure him going back to his old team is gonna make him a better MLS level player at this point. This is where having a B team might have been nice.

You have to think Gilmore and his team are looking at bringing one back. If they don't have create a bridge between the Academy and the MLS team, then they will most likely lose a lot of homegrowns to the CPL.

Reactions: Pompeius Magnus

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
You have to think Gilmore and his team are looking at bringing one back. If they don't have create a bridge between the Academy and the MLS team, then they will most likely lose a lot of homegrowns to the CPL.

Destouches confirmed it's coming up, probably in 2021. I expect the MLS to create a bunch of reserve teams either in a new league or in USL League One. They were too slow to decide on bringing FC Montréal back for 2020 and since so much is up in the air (Will the fury stay in USL Championship?, Will the MLS reserves be allowed in that league or only in League one? Is it better to have complete control over the reserve league? Is the CPL good enough for a reserve team/Will a reserve team be allowed in the CPL?), they will probably wait for things to settle down.

Also, the academies are thinking about leaving the USSDA and creating their own league because the level of play is subpar to MLS academies. If they do create a new MLS academy league, they could simply add a U21/U23 league with the permission to dress up to 3 players over that age on the starting 11 for players getting back into form or new arrivals.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Saw some Bojan touches. He is the same player I knew but I wonder where the hell his pace go ? He was so fast like Oduro fast. He doesn't look fat neither... mysterious maybe some leg injury

Would be interesting to see what spark can he bring for the remaining games but my expectations are fairly low.

I'd prioritize Canadian Cup and go all in there. A return to the CL could be beneficial for Montreal market.

Although, Diop will play tomorrow, Pantemis should be our #1 gk. Period. He can be the future or at least rotate both starting next year. I'm just sick of Evan Bush.

Last edited:

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
Saw some Bojan touches. He is the same player I knew but I wonder where the hell his pace went ? He was so fast like Oduro fast. He doesn't look fat neither... mysterious maybe some leg injury

Would be interesting to see what spark can he bring for the remaining games but my expectations are fairly low.

I'd prioritize Canadian Cup and go all in there.

Pantemis should be our #1 gk. Period. He can be the future.

Bojan had an ACL injury in 2015, missing 6 months. Slowed him down

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I heard real quick on TSN690 that Garde will have a press conference today. Anyone have any idea why? Is it regarding their game tomorrow against Cavalry? Or maybe to give us a state of the union?

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Confirmed, Diallo to Lens

what a great news. bringback TMG + Fisher. 2 of the best USL defenders check out their stats... very impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad