OT: Montréal Impact thread - "I spend like poutine" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I wouldnt sign Rod Fanni or Raami with 8 games left, a trade is the best thing but here is a list of CBs Impact should take a look at for next year

William Tesillo, another Cabrera but better, TAM

Aymen Abdennour, was a beast at Monaco but fell off last Ive heard of him he was playing with Marseille reserves... another TAM, seems like Number 23 tho.

Mapou we all know him, but he can be end up a disaster like Diallo

C.Zapata, Serie A veteran and not old at all.

Germán Conti, would be the best MLS CB by a landslide, he was a prospect in Argentina, I wonder if we could take him on a season long loan

Wes Morgan, O.Duarte, seriously it shouldnt be too hard to find a reliable CB.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Beau Jean's initiation

tenor.gif

Tylers Dad

Registered Dad
Sep 12, 2013
Azeroth
From that list I think Caceres, Silvestre and Kaboul seem like the most attractive.

Then again I haven't really seen them play so I'm going by the logic that if their name sounds familiar and they played in Europe they must be somewhat decent.:huh:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I have a feeling we ll see Piette at CB soon ( where he belongs) at least one time and go back to a 442 if no one is signed/traded...

or maybe go for Florentin Pogba/Parkhurst?

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
We need a permanent solution at CB and not a stop gap. Fanninwas great for us but we knew it was temporary. We need a strong guy in his 20s to provide us stability on defense for the next 5 years. Somethint they tried to have with Camacho but failed miserably.

Reactions: Dominator13

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Enter Nehuen Paz?

With the arrivals of Tomiyasu and Denswill, Paz will never see the field this year in Bologna.

He's still only 26.

Transfer window is closed so I doubt we can get him now. Actually, I'm not even sure what we are able to get right now... probably only free agents :(

Caceres would be another stop-gap but probably one of the best we could ever had though he has been a rotational player for the last 2 years at least

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
Weren't there rumors about Jems Geffrard a while back? I think he's in USL though so I guess we can't add him either since the window is closed...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Transfer window is closed so I doubt we can get him now. Actually, I'm not even sure what we are able to get right now... probably only free agents :(

I think they can still make trades among MLS teams.

I think I saw Alfieri tweet yesterday mentioning a roster freeze on August 30th. So obviously, teams can still add and subtract.

I don't know about free agents, though. It's possible they can be brought in outside the transfer window.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Has Piette ever played CB?

Yes in some game last season, not a whole 90 min but approximately 25 to 30. He did good.

Plenty of short CBs out there like Gary Medel. Piette is athletic enough and very good in the air despite his short frame. When hes got the ball, he lcks confidence.

To me hes a CB maybe not a permanent one but he should play some games there, test the waters to start.. being cb would hide some of his flaws

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

Caceres would be another stop-gap but probably one of the best we could ever had though he has been a rotational player for the last 2 years at least
I don't think were getting anything else other than a stopgap right now. The 20-something y.o stud would wait until the next transfer window.

Reactions: ArtPeur

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Weren't there rumors about Jems Geffrard a while back? I think he's in USL though so I guess we can't add him either since the window is closed...

He could technically break his contract with the USL side and sign with the Impact as free agent. I'm not sure the USL team would be happy to do that though. He must be one of the best USL defenders, in front of JP's boy.

Racing Lens makes it officially official

Je suis grand et athlétique. Je me dois d’être un leader sur le terrain. J’essaye de m’imposer physiquement et de donner de la force à l’équipe. Je suis le dernier rempart et j’aime bien parler à ceux qui m’entourent.

Okay bud, you didn't show that for the last 2 months... :huh:

Let's see what Sagna has to say about that :laugh:

Apparently he was looking for a similar contract as what Camacho got... The gift that keeps on giving

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad