GDT: Montréal vs Boston 730PM ET RDS/TSN/NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I know you think you are hilarious, but Halpern was one of our best players last night and already had an impact on the penalty kill.

This team lacks gamebreaking talent up front, and it's near impossible to acquire that in the middle of a season.

Good thing we are near the end of the season then?

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
For a second I thought Iginla got traded to Boston, had to rush to the trade forums.

I had the same reaction!

I lost a little respect for Jarome knowing that Boston was on his list. I think there's a high likelihood he goes there and once he does, he's a walker, changed forever and whatever good parts of him existed before, will be no more. I would pull that deal if I were Chiarelli ( assuming CGY is asking for a lot) and if he really believes that this is a year where another cup can be won. I am also of the mindset that they are not going to be getting much better anytime soon. They're very good, mind you, so trying to cash out now wouldn't be the worst idea.

Saintpatrick*

I actually have pretty deep hate for this team. When I think about how much I hate them. I rage.

1234931504682.jpg

So do I and I hate Bruins fans which is the reason why I can't visit the Bruins forums or the general gameday forums this time around. The temptation to troll is too great.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
The Big, Tough Blunden back in the lineup! :facepalm:

When you're trying to respond to Bruins toughness by Blunden, you know you're in BIG trouble. Blunden is so weak.

rwb

Jan 28, 2013
After a couple tough luck losses, hopefully we come out strong tonight and can get a few early. It's been too long since we ran up the score on the Bruins.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Blunden is not weak and he's a great crasher and banger, but who is he replacing?

Yeah, great crasher and banger. :facepalm:

Everytime he hit someone, he falls on the ice AND he can't fight even if his life was depending on it.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Yes.

Momesso said Therien is trying to protect him from the Bruins.

That is a horrible message to send if true. Do not like. Chucky played the first two against them and the last in Boston and we have another one in Boston. What if we play them in the playoffs? He needs this experience. Is Gallagher so dispensable cuz he seems to be indestructible or something (kid takes such a beating every game)?

It's pretty cowardly IMO, but if the benching is for other reasons, then while I still don't think Chucky was suffering (he's been working hard, I thought that's what counts), it's a better reason than being scared of the bruins.

hogtownhabsfan*

Everytime he hit someone, he falls on the ice AND he can't fight even if his life was depending on it.

At least he's willing. Better he gets beat up than Tinordi or Emelin.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston

He takes down the guys he hits at least and is pretty quick for that kind of player. He also has the potential to score if you give him a good enough chance. Guy really isn't that bad. I don't think he was called up to fight.

I don't like the fact that he's replacing Chucky though.

hogtownhabsfan*

That is a horrible message to send if true. Do not like. Chucky played the first two against them and the last in Boston and we have another one in Boston. What if we play them in the playoffs? He needs this experience. Is Gallagher so dispensable cuz he seems to be indestructible or something (kid takes such a beating every game)?

It's pretty cowardly IMO, but if the benching is for other reasons, then while I still don't think Chucky was suffering (he's been working hard, I thought that's what counts), it's a better reason than being scared of the bruins.

It's actually clever. He doesn't want to hurt his confidence, but Galchy needs a day in the presser to get his head clear and see the game from a new vantage point. Therrien was able to do this without telling the kid he couldn't hack it. Great move.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
So do I and I hate Bruins fans which is the reason why I can't visit the Bruins forums or the general gameday forums this time around. The temptation to troll is too great.

Boy can I relate! I've posted there often and actually like the nicer, more mature guys there, but I keep being swarmed by a gaggle of idiots trying to convince me the sky is green. They seem totally clueless to their team's embarrassing nonsense, and their own reputation as the whiniest fans on the planet.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
What? Healthy scratch?

I was getting worried that Terrien wasn't even considering this option.

I don't understand people thinking there is a "message" involved, or that

Chuckie is being "benched" for some mistake or something. Chuckie is the

habs most important youngster. There is no harm in developing him carefully.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Habs couldn't score in the last game, so the solution is Blunden? Wow.

Being afraid the Bruins will hurt one of our players is the worst possible message to send.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Boy can I relate! I've posted there often and actually like the nicer, more mature guys there, but I keep being swarmed by a gaggle of idiots trying to convince me the sky is green. They seem totally clueless to their team's embarrassing nonsense, and their own reputation as the whiniest fans on the planet.
This is very true, alot of 14-16 yr olds over there I think, or it seems...a Cup every 39 yrs has made them a tad arrogant...;)

Haaabs

Jul 16, 2010
Montreal
Galchenyuk-Eller-Dumont had a couple of scoring chances yesterday.
Galchenyuk-Eller-Armstrong had a couple of turnovers yesterdays.

I don't know why Galchenyuk is the one sitting when Armstrong has been playing very poorly. Well, Eller is going to be alone on that line now.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Are people seriously whining about a 19yo rookie that has 0g 2a in last 14gp getting scratched??
Not that I think he should have been scratched mainly because you also reduce Eller's offensive efficiency by giving him two scrappers now, but let's not pretend Galchenyuk's been great.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
It's actually clever. He doesn't want to hurt his confidence, but Galchy needs a day in the presser to get his head clear and see the game from a new vantage point. Therrien was able to do this without telling the kid he couldn't hack it. Great move.

Seems pretty obvious to me (and sounds like it's being reported as such) what Therrien is trying to do.

I would be much happier if he was not tactically trying to do this and if he actually just wanted to bench him (although again, I don't think he deserves it).

MT's not giving Chucky enough credit to read between the lines or the boston "Habs are *******" police much work to do here. If it's a benching for purely benching reasons, fine, but benching to hide him from the bruins, that seems now to be the storyline whether it is the case or not. Anyway, wish he was playing cuz we do need to score tonight and Eller will be missing a major part of his arsenal in his go to winger.

I suppose gotta give MT the benefit of the doubt when it comes to decisions. I'm just saying, I don't think it's a message that all of us get (wink wink) EXCEPT Chucky (hiding him).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad