GDT: Montréal vs Boston 730PM ET RDS/TSN/NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
If Boston tries to get nasty with us we're trouble. Hope Tinordi doesn't have to scrap Lucy, Thornton, or Chara in his first NHL scrap....

If?

If will be replaced by when.

It will be ugly tonight, win or lose.

The Bruins are not afraid of our PP. I am sure that Julien has instructed Chara to let Thornton do the dirty work.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Being afraid the Bruins will hurt one of our players is the worst possible message to send.
That's an opinion, one that is wrong imo.

Galchenyuk hasn't been playing that great. Has been pretty invisible in a number of recent games, hasn't scored in last 14. I think that has more to do with it, plus, he already played twice versus the Bruins.

Analyzer*

Habs couldn't score in the last game, so the solution is Blunden? Wow.

Being afraid the Bruins will hurt one of our players is the worst possible message to send.

I think it's more about getting a bit bigger but too scared to scratch one of the midgets.

5'8 Desharnais
5'7 Gionta
5'8 Bouillon
5'8 Gallagher
5'9 Dumont.

They're all battlers, but how many teams ice that many midgets ?

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
Habs couldn't score in the last game, so the solution is Blunden? Wow.

Not so much afraid perhaps. Maybe just managing the difficulty
of Chuckie's games. With him not looking as confident now, there is
no need for him to play the toughest game.

If Blunden is the solution to anything we're in deep **** . But he
does provide energy, and the occasional bad penalty.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston

Galchenyuk hasn't been playing that great. Has been pretty invisible in a number of recent games, hasn't scored in last 14. I think that has more to do with it, plus, he already played twice versus the Bruins.

I think me and ELB are saying the same thing as you, i.e.:

benching Chucky to shield him from big bad bruins sends a wrong message

benching Chucky cuz MT wants to incentivize him à la Eller is a totally different thing and deserves a legitimate debate (I can see how some want him in the pressbox for his play, although I disagree).

I guess that the only source we've heard citing it as being the first case was Momesso, so you're likely right in that it's a wrong "opinion" if you meant that the interpretation of the reason for his benching is wrong.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013

In the last few games Galchenyuk has been playing his best hockey of the season... Did you see the game against Buffalo? I would've agreed with you 5 games ago.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
In the last few games Galchenyuk has been playing his best hockey of the season... Did you see the game against Buffalo? I would've agreed with you 5 games ago.

I also thought the last two games he started playing more physically, with some great one touch plays that were pure skill and he backchecked like a MF. I thought that the rule was "as long as you play hard." Last game in particular was really fast and that line was exploding into the offensive zone and when it was in our zone I remember twice, Chucky taking a guy his size height-wise down.

I guess MT sees something different. He's been right on his hunches, although this one seems way off. (FTR, I totally got the Armstrong promotion when it happened and it panned out).

Maybe if Bourque and Prust were in, but we really don't need less ability to score.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
What are the lines? IMO they should mix it up. Outside of that burst of offense vs the Isles in the 3rd, Habs offense has been pretty bad last 5 games.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Moen - Desharnais - Ryder
Armstrong - Eller - Gionta
Blunden - Halpern - Dumont

Split the midgets up into different lines.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Are people seriously whining about a 19yo rookie that has 0g 2a in last 14gp getting scratched??
Not that I think he should have been scratched mainly because you also reduce Eller's offensive efficiency by giving him two scrappers now, but let's not pretend Galchenyuk's been great.

I'd tend to agree if it was Prust coming back we were talking about. But Blunden?

Galchenyuk has been playing like, well, a 19 year old, so it's not surprising he would be someone picked to sit out. But he has been a good compliment to Eller, and with nothing but the Plekanec line generating offense yesterday, I'm a bit worried about where the goals will come from, especially since the Bruins are a better team than the Pens defensively.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
We're having trouble scoring lately, so to remedy that, we're just gonna scratch one of our most dynamic fowards and put a plug in his place...

Good decision.

LucaGTI

Sep 28, 2012
Montreal
What are the lines? IMO they should mix it up. Outside of that burst of offense vs the Isles in the 3rd, Habs offense has been pretty bad last 5 games.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Moen - Desharnais - Ryder
Armstrong - Eller - Gionta
Blunden - Halpern - Dumont

Split the midgets up into different lines.

That would be the SMART thing to do lol hopefully MT sees this post somehow

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
We're having trouble scoring lately, so to remedy that, we're just gonna scratch one of our most dynamic fowards and put a plug in his place...

Good decision.

As others have said, Galchenyuk has NOT been one of our most dynamic forwards lately. There's a time in every learning curve when a student has to pause and observe. Now seems as good a time as any for Galchenyuk to watch the game, make some mental notes and get hungry to be back out there.

Right now he looks like a kid trying to keep pace. Which is exactly what he is.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
As others have said, Galchenyuk has NOT been one of our most dynamic forwards lately. There's a time in every learning curve when a student has to pause and observe. Now seems as good a time as any for Galchenyuk to watch the game, make some mental notes and get hungry to be back out there.

If you're talking about Galchenyuk during the last 2 games I have to disagree he was looking great and was playing his best hockey of the season. I don't care if he has no points in those two games he played great.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Scratching Chucky has more to do about teaching him/showing him he has more time with the puck than he thinks than hiding him because we're afraid IMO. WeThreeKings mentioned it yesterday in the PGT and it looks like he was right on target for that one.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Scratching Chucky has more to do about teaching him/showing him he has more time with the puck than he thinks than hiding him because we're afraid IMO. WeThreeKings mentioned it yesterday in the PGT and it looks like he was right on target for that one.

So WeThreeKings is MT? :sarcasm:

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada

Okay, so Blunden is more of an offensive threat than Galchenyuk? Come on.

When you're playing a game fighting for first place, and you need all the offense you can get, you don't pick this time in the season to "pause and observe." I've played hockey, and nothing made me hungrier than playing in a huge game against a rival, not sitting in the stands watching my team do it.

Mistake, bottom line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad