Monthly News Thread (October 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011
Cain Velasquez needs to undergo knee surgery and will be out several months, per Meltzer.

There’s still hope he can do the Saudi show, but if he did a full reconstruction anything after November is off the table.
Why the f*** would you bring him in then and he's very green in terms of the wrestling business. they must've been really worried he was going to sign elsewhere.

That whole intro they did with him sucked, Rey should have cut a introduction promo, it's hilarious how Jack Swagger got a bigger reaction than a former UFC heavyweight champion

Reactions: The Apologist

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
cuz theyre doing a big ass press conference in Vegas to hype the show for those who follow boxing and mma/ufc.
im sure it was reported he wasnt even signed yet. so we dont even know if there was a plan after this.....

(not trying to defend their dumb desicions, but its not like it really changes anything..... IF Cain was gonna lose anyways and it was only one match)

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
yeah. theyre signing people left and right and not using them so they dont go elsewhere.....

absolutely nothing new here

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Cain Velasquez needs to undergo knee surgery and will be out several months, per Meltzer.

There’s still hope he can do the Saudi show, but if he did a full reconstruction anything after November is off the table.

hahahaha

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
they havent even announced the match yet.
so nothing is lost.
(Cain was wrestling with the kneebrace in AAA already)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Reps from Fox and USA will be making the draft picks tomorrow, they don’t want authority figures on air right now.

The draft is done and no one is being told where they’re going, but some top names may be told beforehand.

It’s going to be like an NFL style draft.

Reactions: flyersfan187

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
they havent even announced the match yet.
so nothing is lost.
(Cain was wrestling with the kneebrace in AAA already)

I mean, everyone knows that is the plan. (Brock vs Cain).

if it can’t happen, it’s a hilarious fail of a situation. Especially since you kayfabe injured Mysterio as well

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
“NXT - which used to be this cool brand - is looking really uncool in comparison [to AEW].” - Meltzer

Also says they can’t go on the road and make this work on the same level of AEW. Says they should still have hotter crowds but they can’t go into nicer buildings. They’ve historically had problems drawing on the road.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
“NXT - which used to be this cool brand - is looking really uncool in comparison [to AEW].” - Meltzer

Also says they can’t go on the road and make this work on the same level of AEW. Says they should still have hotter crowds but they can’t go into nicer buildings. They’ve historically had problems drawing on the road.

They have a deal with Full Sail until the end of the year. They could do bigger venues next year if there's interest.

Meltzer also said the NXT crows was "tired" in the second hour which was not true. Guy is totally in AEW's pocket now with NXT dissing. :laugh:

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
I mean, everyone knows that is the plan. (Brock vs Cain).

if it can’t happen, it’s a hilarious fail of a situation. Especially since you kayfabe injured Mysterio as well

i meant thay havent announced it. a date or a place.
you can do it later. you dont lose anything.( except the hype that most wrestling fans didnt even had.)

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

This kind of thing is what makes Meltzer look bad if that is what he said. While people go overboard sometimes in accusing him of various biases, he does go out of his way to be very generous toward/defensive of AEW and its main players. He does a very good job of reporting facts though.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
This kind of thing is what makes Meltzer look bad if that is what he said. While people go overboard sometimes in accusing him of various biases, he does go out of his way to be very generous toward/defensive of AEW and its main players. He does a very good job of reporting facts though.
I don’t think anything he said is necessarily wrong, though. NXT looking uncool in comparison to AEW is up to opinion but I do agree with it.

His note on going on the road has to do with the fact that NXT has had troubles drawing when they go on tour if it’s not Takeover, but standalone Takeovers have had trouble drawing on the road too.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
On topic of nxt drawing on the road, last nights AEW show at Agannis was packed. A sure fire sell out. NXT ran through Agannis recently and maybe had half the crowd AEW just did. It was night and day.

I saw an nxt show at some random college in Rhode Island a couple years ago that sold out but it was the size of a high school gymnasium.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
According to big Dave, Roderick Strong can also be known as big Roddy after a discussion about his dick size.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
I don’t think anything he said is necessarily wrong, though. NXT looking uncool in comparison to AEW is up to opinion but I do agree with it.

His note on going on the road has to do with the fact that NXT has had troubles drawing when they go on tour if it’s not Takeover, but standalone Takeovers have had trouble drawing on the road too.
I think AEW is in the honeymoon phase right now. While I watch it and enjoy it, it is very light (thus far) on the 'entertainment' side and heavy on the sports side. It's a nice change but may hold it back once people get over the spots.
It's very much the anti-WWE which is cool but Im not sure most want the Anti WWE as much as they just want a GOOD show.
For now it's awesome to have more than one option again.

All my opinion of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad