Monthly News Thread (October 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rusev was never in the “Jinder Spot.” Business isn’t in Bulgaria.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- TMZ asked Enzo Amore about his backstage heat and how he was kicked out of the locker room and Enzo gave an "in-character" response about how he has his own locker room and how he doesn't talk to anyone because he only talks money.

- Sami revealed on the E&C podcast that his heel turn is something he thinks Vince has sunk his teeth into. Sami said Vince told him to smile when he went out there and Sami praised it despite being confused at first.

- Triple H will wrestle on WWE's UK tour.

- As previously mentioned, Chris Jericho was the original person they wanted to replace Bray Wyatt at TLC for a match vs. Finn Balor.

- Edge and Christian didn't get the hype for Asuka. Edge was critical of Asuka using the ankle lock in her match at TLC as well considering Angle was wrestling his first WWE match in 11 years and is one of his finishing moves, whereas Asuka's went nowhere. Christian did end up praising her for her character work and body language but doesn't know if she'll live up to the video package hype.

- Roman Reigns is expected back soon. If he gets cleared, the plan the is build him as the captain for Raw's men's team.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I don't think Edge is wrong about using the Ankle Lock. Think it should've been off the table for the night.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I remember hearing in podcasts that wrestlers would protect other wrestlers by not using their moves throughout the night if it was going to be in the main event. That shit is loooooong gone. I totally agree the first time the crowd should see the ankle lock is when Kurt did it. Could you imagine if people were superkicking all over the card and HBK was in the main event?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It hadn't even occurred to me that both of them used it. If that's what they do, that's what they do, but I try to view each match in a vacuum.

Reactions: Virtanen18

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I remember when I saw Asuka lock it on that I was confused and thought "is this really a good idea, it being Angle's big return and all?"

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Asuka is not going to be a big deal on RAW long-term IMO. It's just not a place where foreign talent with a lack of English speaking abilities can thrive, not to mention the over-exposure all talents face. Just a prediction.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Enzo goes into LA nightclubs with the Cruiserweight title :laugh: dude still cuts a better promo drunk than more than half the roster sober.

Apparently, Vince turned down a pitch for TLC that would have had Balor, Styles, Anderson & Gallows team up (ProWrestlingSheet).

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
So I'm not sure if this is the right place for it, but I know we've talked about them here. The 5 guys that were let go from WhatCulture are about to start up Cultaholics, except that Adam Blampied just revealed that he pressured and hounded women on social media to send him nudes, lying that his girlfriend and him were in an open relationship and that it was 'ok with her'.

He left a message on his twitter account that he was going to go away for a bit and get some help, which he then had to go back the next day and basically tell people to not attack the women, the he is the one that hurt them.

And then today he was fired from Cultaholics.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I knew that that was going on but I didn’t know he was fired. I don’t know the events that led to him getting exposed though.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Vince would turn down Styles, Balor, Gallows and Anderson teaming up. He probably doesn't even know they were all a part of the same group at one point in time (granted Balor and AJ being different times). His response was probably "why on earth would I team AJ with Festus?"

Also, I love Blampied for his wrestling videos and think he's the best of the bunch but if he's going through personal struggles, best to get the help he needs. Work comes second.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Vince would turn down Styles, Balor, Gallows and Anderson teaming up. He probably doesn't even know they were all a part of the same group at one point in time (granted Balor and AJ being different times). His response was probably "why on earth would I team AJ with Festus?"

Also, I love Blampied for his wrestling videos and think he's the best of the bunch but if he's going through personal struggles, best to get the help he needs. Work comes second.
Dude not everything is negative. He already gave away one big draw in Angle’s return for the fans, he’s not a complete idiot. He probably knows when the time comes that The Club all works together it’ll be money and there’s no need to throw it away on two days notice.

Plus, who would they work with? A bunch of jabroni geek jobbers? Come on, now.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Dude not everything is negative. He already gave away one big draw in Angle’s return for the fans, he’s not a complete idiot. He probably knows when the time comes that The Club all works together it’ll be money and there’s no need to throw it away on two days notice.

Plus, who would they work with? A bunch of jabroni geek jobbers? Come on, now.
You and I just have different opinions, that's all. In my opinion, I think Vince is a completely clueless, out of touch old man. I wasn't being serious about the part where Vince thinks of Gallows as Festus, but there isn't a chance in hell I can ever see Vince brings The Club together.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Vince is a man that is definitely out of touch. But if you honestly think he's unaware who was in Bullet Club, I have a bridge to sell you.

As for Gallows, Vince didn't even remember that he was Festus.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Plans were already in the works for Kurt Angle to return to the ring, likely at Wrestlemania 34 until Reigns illness put him out. Angle's return being on such short notice is viewed as the only thing that was equal to The Shield's return, and WWE sacrificed a build to Angle's in-ring return to save TLC.

- Cageside claims WWE may be cooling on Balor as Lesnar's Royal Rumble opponent after the way he was booked vs. Kane, but then said a whole lot of nothing by saying "things could change, there's still a lot of time to build Balor back up in time for January."

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There is one simple fix in their minds as to rehab Bálor for a Lesnar.

-Fans have the same short term memory according to Vince and never remember anything unless they bring it up.

-Make it Demon Bálor vs. Lesnar.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Asuka is not going to be a big deal on RAW long-term IMO. It's just not a place where foreign talent with a lack of English speaking abilities can thrive, not to mention the over-exposure all talents face. Just a prediction.

Nah. She'll falter for the same reason all the English speaking talent falter before anything else.

She'd falter for the same reason all the other women on Raw are faltering. They're sent out there to bridge the gaps and are never a central storyline. The only time either show had an episode built around them since Wrestlemania was the ladder match redux.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
So I'm not sure if this is the right place for it, but I know we've talked about them here. The 5 guys that were let go from WhatCulture are about to start up Cultaholics, except that Adam Blampied just revealed that he pressured and hounded women on social media to send him nudes, lying that his girlfriend and him were in an open relationship and that it was 'ok with her'.

He left a message on his twitter account that he was going to go away for a bit and get some help, which he then had to go back the next day and basically tell people to not attack the women, the he is the one that hurt them.

And then today he was fired from Cultaholics.

Before it even starts. Yikes. That's terrible because quite honestly he's my favorite personality for all the millions of shows about wrestling. That really hurts the idea of Cultaholics and that couldn't be worse timing.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
And on WhatCulture he was clearly the star of the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln