Monthly News Thread (October 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
It all depends on what the future plans are. You can't just blindly throw guys into programs temporally when you might have something else planned for them that would require them to act to the contrary soon after.

The obvious example would be if there is any interest in doing Bálor Club vs Shield. You can't throw Bálor into a Shield match and then turn around in do that program. Keeping guys apart is part of setting things up.

There's also the WWE policy of replacing stars when they unexpectedly miss shows. They've lost a couple of stars, you they're giving you replacement stars to make up for it.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If you throw Balor into the main event you're down a match and you're going to have a big time crunch. Alvarez mentioned they may even bring Lesnar in to do something on the show.

Styles/Balor and Angle-Shield vs. 5-man team is probably going to get A LOT of time. Like those two matches combined will probably eat up half the PPV.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'll bet Lesnar and Heyman show up to answer Jinder Mahal. That should take up a bit of time.

They really should also let Alexa/Mickie go on longer than it probably is scheduled to go. It's one of two titles being defended on the show, give it some time to let the match play out.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'll bet Lesnar and Heyman show up to answer Jinder Mahal. That should take up a bit of time.

They really should also let Alexa/Mickie go on longer than it probably is scheduled to go. It's one of two titles being defended on the show, give it some time to let the match play out.
They advertised it for Raw, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them move it up to this Sunday and even have The Singhs make an appearance on Mahal's behalf and get killed.

Raw needs some Smackdown guys because they're getting killed with the meningitis scare.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
WWE via ESPN:

"We have confirmed that three of our performers have been diagnosed with a viral infection. As a precautionary measure, we are ensuring in-ring performers and staff are tested and immunized in accordance with recommended medical guidelines."

We can assume that the three are Reigns, Bray, and Bo.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Would mark for The Club (either with Fin or Aj or both) attacked Sheild/Angle

It's still weird that no other titles are on the line besides Womans and CW.

I just wanted Seth/Dean vs Bar in a Ladders match for the tag titles

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- WWE has requested many more talents scheduled to compete at TLC to be tested for illness ahead of the PPV on Sunday with Reigns and Wyatt being pulled, and Dallas and JoJo being kept off the road.

- The Nia Jax story was overblown, she simply requested time off to heal up and it was granted since she's not a part of any major storylines at the moment. She'll return for Raw's Europe tour beginning November 1. Nia Jax also wasn't at Raw, so she couldn't have walked out.

- Kevin Owens left Smackdown's South American tour due to family reasons. It's said to be a family situation that was unavoidable, but he's still in good standing with the company, has their support and is 100% dedicated to the WWE.

- Survivor Series will be built around the tagline "bragging rights," which used to be a WWE PPV.

- AJ Styles was also sick and missed a South American live event, but that was said to be a case of food poisoning and not what's going around in the Raw locker room.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
He is but Joe is nowhere near the attraction Angle is and that’s what you need in this situation with Reigns out.
Don’t you think this is waste of Angle in general? A filler spot not on a huge PPV. I don’t know. I don’t really like it. I would have rather Joe at this stage and leave Kurt for a bigger comeback. He deserves it.

Reactions: TNT87

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Word from Dave on Nia Jax is that she is expected back for the European tour, and that she simply asked for a few weeks off since they weren't doing anything with her, and she was granted it.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Don’t you think this is waste of Angle in general? A filler spot not on a huge PPV. I don’t know. I don’t really like it. I would have rather Joe at this stage and leave Kurt for a bigger comeback. He deserves it.
They're not able to give fans the massive thing of the Shield reunion, so they give them something else massive instead.

Nothing is ideal about it, but that how they try to compensate the people who paid to see it. It's like how they've added HHH to houseshow tours when Undertaker said no last second.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Maybe, but WWE promised The Shield and now they can't deliver, so they give the fans something at the same level, honestly probably on the NEXT level and give them a huge attraction in Kurt Angle's in-ring return. It's not ideal, but it needs to be done.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I think there’s so many different options to do other than Angle though. It makes sense to replace stars with stars, but you’re blowing what should be one of your top WrestleMania stories.

Kurt Angle back in the ring is a story you can do once. I don’t see WWE giving up that money maker storyline for what is now a toss away in the grand scheme of things.

As a huge Angle fan, I am obviously stoked. However, I just don’t know about it.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I think there’s so many different options to do other than Angle though. It makes sense to replace stars with stars, but you’re blowing what should be one of your top WrestleMania stories.

Kurt Angle back in the ring is a story you can do once. I don’t see WWE giving up that money maker storyline for what is now a toss away in the grand scheme of things.

As a huge Angle fan, I am obviously stoked. However, I just don’t know about it.
Like what? Are you going to bring The Undertaker out of retirement? Shawn Michaels? Stone Cold Steve Austin? The Rock? You needed an attraction. Meltzer said the attraction was The Shield and now they can't deliver, and WWE is throwing away the money build to an Angle return to give the fans something special on such short notice.

Satin also mentions that with Angle being cleared it opens the door for him to get on one of the big four PPV cards now. The Shield return is also going to be re-booked, apparently.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
And with the losses of Styles and Owens on the current Smackdown tour, HHH is filling in for them. 'Cos this is what WWE do when they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia