Monthly News Thread (October 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- The Young Bucks contract runs through 2018.

- Kenny Omega's contract runs through January 2018.

- Brock Lesnar's contract expires after Wrestlemania.

- Big Show's contract runs through February 2018.

- Daniel Bryan's contract expires September 2018.

- Colt Cabana revealed that he's still involved in the lawsuit with Dr. Amann and he's losing a lot of money being involved in it.

- Charlotte revealed that when Ric Flair finally woke up, he didn't remember who she was. He was quoting numbers from shows in the 80s, walking around with the help of a walker but couldn't remember who Charlotte was. He then pushed the walker away and started strutting in ICU while quoting numbers from shows in the 80s, still not remembering Charlotte.

Reactions: Virtanen18

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Hmm, the Bucks hinted at something happening at Final Battle 2018 in the latest BTE.

DB reveals himself as the stooge and shows up in Ring of Honour :yo:

Last edited:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Shane McMahon's named popped up in the news because he invested $500,000 in the marijuana industry. Specifically, a company that claimed to do what no one else was and how cutting edge it was. So Shane McMahon went to go visit the facility only to find there was nothing there, and they didn't even do anything. So now there's a lawsuit.

Shane sounds like the most chill McMahon but there's probably a reason why he isn't in line to take over the company lol.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

whaaaat? WWE hasn't even owned the Raw is War trademark since 2013 and I don't even know where the f*** they get off thinking they own a trademark on "Kitty Style" because I can't find anything on that from them.

This literally makes no sense. They can do it because they can spend lots of money on delayed court cases but Ospreay and The Bucks can't, but it's still really, really stupid unless WWE lowkey submitted "kitty style" for Natalya and it's not in the database, which doesn't appear to be the case.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I just wish in some fantasy world of mine that everyone would say **** you, WWE, and leave them.

All of the indie guys committing to ROH/NJPW and the top WWE guys like Rollins, Ambrose, Styles, Joe, Strowman, Bray, Balor, Nakamura, Zayn, KO, Roode, Cesaro etc all just decided to leave and go to ROH/NJPW or whatever.

It'll never, ever happen but I just wish we had a different wrestling promotion than WWE. They're awful. Vince is awful and the day he's no longer involved in the product will be a glorious, glorious day for wrestling fans.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
whaaaat? WWE hasn't even owned the Raw is War trademark since 2013 and I don't even know where the **** they get off thinking they own a trademark on "Kitty Style" because I can't find anything on that from them.

This literally makes no sense. They can do it because they can spend lots of money on delayed court cases but Ospreay and The Bucks can't, but it's still really, really stupid unless WWE lowkey submitted "kitty style" for Natalya and it's not in the database, which doesn't appear to be the case.

Look at the shirts. He took the WWE design, then changed a word. It's flat out Nakamura's shirt.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Look at the shirts. He took the WWE design, then changed a word. It's flat out Nakamura's shirt.

I didn't see the shirt. I thought they were doing the phrase. That said, fair use allows for use of copyrighted material without permission in certain circumstances.

Couldn't that stuff fall under parody law anyway?

Yes. And a "Kitty Style" shirt is not going to hurt the market or WWE's ability to sell Nakamura shirts at all.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I think you can argue that it creates confusion in the market place, them looking exactly the same and all.

I don't think it's really parody. His current cat gimmick isn't related to WWE at all, so he's taking WWE designs to make his own joke opposed to joking about the WWE. But I've no idea if that matters for the actual laws involved.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
just saw the shirt, it's a ridiculous lack of creativity that opened him up to this.

If he had the money and time to fight it he probably could have argued fair use, but he's going to have to swallow the bullet on this one like The Bucks did because while they may make good money on the indies, they aren't a WWE who can drag their feet in court and cost them a lot of money.

EDIT:

He recognizes he's in the wrong.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Last edited:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
kenny omega had KO thirts with the same style and font as kevin owens wwe tshirts.... i guess he's next if he hasnt removed them, but then again he could just wait. not sure how this lawsuit works...
WWE probably won't touch anything KO does because they actually see value in him moving forward if he decides to jump.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
yeah, i gues thats the logic... there is the Elite/New Day merch too.... but i guess theres no copy right on people riding unicorns....

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Dana White let slip that Brock is under WWE contract until August 2018

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
- Charlotte revealed that when Ric Flair finally woke up, he didn't remember who she was. He was quoting numbers from shows in the 80s, walking around with the help of a walker but couldn't remember who Charlotte was. He then pushed the walker away and started strutting in ICU while quoting numbers from shows in the 80s, still not remembering Charlotte.

This sounds like a bit from the last years of Nitro.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
This is from a triple h YouTube clip.

Triple H was recently interviewed on a Facebook Live by Mumbai Facebook Office and teased a match taking place at Wrestlemania between himself and The Rock

“About two years ago, he and I [The Rock] did a backstage promo with each other where we talked about WrestleMania and the competitive nature of it and it lit up the internet about the possibility of it. It’s something we’ve discussed. It’s just making schedules work, he’s pretty busy I am too. But hey, right place, right time? I’ll dance one more time with The Great One, Rock.”

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Enzo seems to be getting viewers for 205 live. Currently 7th most viewed. 205 live has been hovering from 12th to 16th for weeks.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Is Enzo the face or heel?

You have to assume this "entire division vs Enzo" will lead to some of them joining Enzo, leading to a SS match right?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Enzo is just Enzo like Roman is Roman. It's a turn to heel moreso than a heel turn. I didn't see 205 Live but on Raw (which doesn't matter, however he is presented on Raw is what is real) while he may be talking like a heel, he's giving kids every reason to still want to buy his merch, he doing all of his stuff, he's talking a ton of shit just like he always has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad