Monthly News Thread (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
That's good news for WWE. Even if it ends up failing, I still look forward to the stories of the inevitable continuation of the Punk/WWE feud that stem from this.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I mean I don't think a Punk in-ring comeback really would keep the needle moved long-term. I think enough time has gone by that it's sort of lost unless there is a massively good story that is executed well.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
At this point it's all but guaranteed. The Fox behind the scenes video you can tell he damn near breaks down in the beginning.

It's going to be a matter of who caves and picks up the phone first, and where they settle on money. If I had to guess, nobody calls, and Vince, not wanting to look like the one who caved, will just so happen to show up at Fox Studios for a show, and will just so happen to accidentally, "Bump into," Punk.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Of course Punk will have a match at some point. It probably won't be a good match, but likely the promos will be good. I just hope that someone manages to keep Tri from interjecting himself one he notices that whatever angle Punk is in gets attention.

kingbrath

Jul 15, 2002
Calgary, AB
Visit site
He's signed by Fox, not WWE.

Nevertheless, Smackdown is on FOX. Having him come out on that stage and then announce he is with Backstage would have been 10 times more exciting for the viewers. Now it is very possible that Punk didnt want it to go down that way. I just feel they completely missed a great opportunity, but this is the WWE afterall...

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Nevertheless, Smackdown is on FOX. Having him come out on that stage and then announce he is with Backstage would have been 10 times more exciting for the viewers. Now it is very possible that Punk didnt want it to go down that way. I just feel they completely missed a great opportunity, but this is the WWE afterall...

WWE is the company that decided to reveal that Bryan was cleared not with an announcement and huge reaction on TV, not with an angle that would have had instant heat, but rather on twitter. I don't doubt that WWE and Fox collaborate on a lot of this stuff, but WWE is supposed to be the entity that knows better when it comes to wrestling. Hopefully when Punk actually makes an appearance on WWE tv it will be decent.

Chris Pronger

Valar morghulis
Jan 20, 2011
Canada
If punk wrestles but doesn’t get the mania main event what are the odds that he faces HHH and HHH takes the pin

The build up and storyline for this match could be unreal because of the IRL heat between these two and theyd both sell it

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Could not imagine a single way Punk's return would ever live up to hype. The most outrageous scenario is like a .00001% possibility and that is Punk works for Fox on WWE then turns up to AEW.

Any WWE Punk return is pretty much meh to me. It would be cool to see him wrestle again, but wouldn't move the needle the way the Summer of Punk did.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They don't need Punk to do anything unless it's setting him up for Wrestlemania, so unless they're running a huge angle at Survivor Series, I don't think we'll see him on Smackdown (it won't be Raw) until then

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Lots of fans pretty excited with how he bodied Rollins (the internet's least favorite person as of late).
Part of it is sad because it's WWE making him look like a f***ing nerd. Then it piles on because Seth defends WWE making him look like a nerd. :(

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Part of it is sad because it's WWE making him look like a ****ing nerd. Then it piles on because Seth defends WWE making him look like a nerd. :(

Like, at this point, if I was signing with WWE, I'd demand that I _not_ have to have a public Twitter account.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
It's a shame that title was used to replace the IC belt. The new belt looks badass, bro, but the IC strap wasn't one that needed a makeover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad