Monthly News Thread (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I don't think the reason for the delay has been reported yet but it sounds like a scary situation that was almost bound to happen with that regime. You can criticize the wrestlers for taking blood money, but the other side is that they have to get paid when they can. Especially in this economy.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Wow. We all know Vince is a pos, but he is the captain of that ship, he should of been the last one to step on that plane b4 it took off.

Disagree 100%

You can blame Vince for a lot of things but this is 100% opposite to his personality. He probably left early because those were travel plans for him - and he didn't find out about the delay until he was already gone.

If he had known - he never would have left

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I would think the relationship is off to a rocky start. That is for sure.

Daniel Bryan is in town. Use this opportunity to refocus and make him the main focus of tonight and storylines moving forward. He's your #1 guy on smackdown.

3 months from now - Fox ends up looking at this as a blessing in disguise.

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Daniel Bryan is in town. Use this opportunity to refocus and make him the main focus of tonight and storylines moving forward. He's your #1 guy on smackdown.

3 months from now - Fox ends up looking at this as a blessing in disguise.

Oh amen. Or... women! This could have been scheduled as Evolution 2 knowing they had SA the day before regardless. That would be CRAZY dope. Evolution 1 was incredible. Doing Evolution on FOX... come on. That's knocking it out of the park.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I’m actually more interested in the show to see what they do

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The follow up on Saudi Arabia:

-As of 9/30 (end of quarter) WWE had not been paid for Super Showdown. Show was being shown on delay bu around 40 minutes. Future shows were not discussed on the investors call.

-Vince got out with his crew of people. Lesnar had his own jet, which Heyman was on (that’s part of his deal). Hogan, Flair, Jimmy Hart, and Fury all got out. Cain stayed with the talent

-Lesnar was not scheduled for Smackdown. He did them a solid and went to the show. The angle of him going back to Raw was scheduled for Backstage on Tuesday as the ‘gigantic announcement’ they were planning.

-Talent felt they were being used as pawns and felt that Vince abandoned them and has once again made talent question how to get out of the company, much less wanting to return. It is not known nor denied that Vince knew this was going to happen.

-Talent also now knows that they can be replaced and while a better show gets put on with the same amount of audience.

-NXT group did not arrive until 5 minutes before the show started.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't imagine the talent are going to let this blow over.

Vince might be incredibly screwed.
As we will continue to see, money talks. I cannot even stand a 45 minute delay. I could not even imagine sitting there, sore as hell, paying for all my travel, and getting in the air only to really realize i have 14 more hours to go.

Oct 18, 2011
The follow up on Saudi Arabia:

-As of 9/30 (end of quarter) WWE had not been paid for Super Showdown. Show was being shown on delay bu around 40 minutes. Future shows were not discussed on the investors call.

-Vince got out with his crew of people. Lesnar had his own jet, which Heyman was on (that’s part of his deal). Hogan, Flair, Jimmy Hart, and Fury all got out. Cain stayed with the talent

-Lesnar was not scheduled for Smackdown. He did them a solid and went to the show. The angle of him going back to Raw was scheduled for Backstage on Tuesday as the ‘gigantic announcement’ they were planning.

-Talent felt they were being used as pawns and felt that Vince abandoned them and has once again made talent question how to get out of the company, much less wanting to return. It is not known nor denied that Vince knew this was going to happen.

-Talent also now knows that they can be replaced and while a better show gets put on with the same amount of audience.

-NXT group did not arrive until 5 minutes before the show started.
Vince endangered his talent and left them there. That's f***ing pathetic, and if Saudi hadn't paid for the previous show why are you even going there for this one?

Reactions: TD Charlie

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
SRS being a bit facetious. That’s not actual new information

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I know they were locked into that 10 year deal, but the two confirmed shows a year isn't new?
Supposedly they never announced it. They basically made up something to release to the press to appease investors.

Reactions: iamjs

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
I'm enjoying all the smoke regarding the plane delay. Seems nearly impossible to tell what actually happened. Has there been a 100% confirmed story?
I didn't want NXT as part of Survivor Series but I guess that's rendered moot now considering they're basically the third, full brand.

Last edited:

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Surprised the plane story didn't generate more traction on here. Thought there would have been a lot of pages on this.

Maybe if it was an AEW plane story.

Last edited:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I'm enjoying all the smoke regarding the plane delay. Seems nearly impossible to tell what actually happened. Has there been a 100% confirmed story?
I didn't want NXT as part of Survivor Series but I guess that's rendered moot now considering they're basically the third, full brand.

There were mechanical issues of course, and with the WWE-Saudi deal extended to 2027 the relationship is stronger than ever! A love that will echo through the ages.

Reactions: HandsomeHollywood

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
There were mechanical issues of course, and with the WWE-Saudi deal extended to 2027 the relationship is stronger than ever! A love that will echo through the ages.
It was a perfect plane delay. Beautiful. Some people have said it might be the best plane delay ever....

Too much?

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I usually support the WWE but that deal extension with Saudi Arabia is absolutely stupid. They should wash their hands clean of it IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad